What's your vote on Sasha's move? | Page 11 | Golden Skate

What's your vote on Sasha's move?

nuggetr

Rinkside
mzheng said:
But when she sit at the K&C when the score and placement came out, she looked quite dissapointed, at the same time Robin was obviously trying to comfort her and cheer her up. That's the first impression she gave out in front of TV camera, and what I remembered. The interview and podium were afterwards. I always thought the first reaction she shown as the genuine feeling at the matter. Not the afterwards one which could be coached.
What in the world is wrong with being disappointed? Is she supposed to jump for joy even if she doesn't skate her best? My gosh are you never disappointed?

nuggetr

Rinkside
gezando said:
But those were Cohen's amost exact words from her post junior world 2000. She was crowned ahead as the gold medalist, and end in 6th. In the interview she said, "I skated the best for myself"
What is wrong with feeling she skated her best for herself??I think that is a very mature way of thinking.

mzheng

Record Breaker
nuggetr said:
What in the world is wrong with being disappointed? Is she supposed to jump for joy even if she doesn't skate her best? My gosh are you never disappointed?

My gush, read the quotes in my post which I try to response. And try to read the posts before that, don't just jump in and cut the sentance out of the contents if you'd like to make your contribution a point.

gezando

Final Flight
jesslily said:
I recently just watched 2000 junior world long programs. Sasha skated pretty well, and she did not fall on any jump. Her artistry and in betweens were a lot better than some Europen girls who placed ahead of Sasha. You can tell she was in a way better than the gold and silver medalists.

At jr worlds 00, Cohen's edges were not secure. I disagree that she was better than Kirk or Deanna. Deanna's spins were tops, IMO better than Cohen's. Too sad that Deanna had such an early retirement from skating

Kuchana

On the Ice
Piel said:
Could it be that she had made the world podium for the first time and was a wee bit nervous? How do you KNOW it was forced? Unless Sasha told you it was that is pure speculation on your part. Maybe she had a headache...who knows. These type of comments that are not backed up by facts are how rumors get started, IMO.

Well I think euterpe has a valid point....we do go by body language. Knowing Sasha's temperment for only wanting to win, it's not surprising that she would be extremely disappointed with having come so close (the World title) but not won it. To some people it may have been forced, to others it may not have been. It's all due to their own perception and I think each are valid.

Kuchana

On the Ice
gezando said:
Kuchana, ITA. According to die hard Cohen fan Sasha always says nice things about other skaters during interviews, IMO almost all US skaters do that. Cohen allowed an article to be post at her offical website stating Fumie won the bronze medal in worlds 03 b/c Fumie was in the easier QR. How nice of Cohen.

IIRC Sarah mentioned an incident post SA 2001( she was placed behind MK ,in the same competition Cohen was human zamboning all over the place) Sarah was embarassed by Cohen who told her (in the locker room) that she thought Sarah wuz robbed, and Michelle was present. Sarah felt embarassed for herself and MK. How nice of Cohen.

Really gezando?? I did not know that. I think that is very unfortunate and not a good example of character if such is true.