Watching Nat'ls With....(a la moonvine) | Golden Skate

Watching Nat'ls With....(a la moonvine)

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I loved reading about some of the activities at US Nationals, particularly moonvine's experience with Mirai! If you could go to your own nationals and watch with a former skater, who would you pick?
For myself"
Men: Kurt
Women: Liz Manley
Pairs: Dylan M., Duhamel as backup
Ice Dance: Shae-lynne B. I was going to sqay Virtue/Moir but I'd get too flustered.
Coach: Tarasova (if I could get a Russian translator) or M-F Dubreuil
Commentator.: P J Kwong
And in the background, I would have tapes of Rod Blasck being enthusiastic!

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I loved reading about some of the activities at US Nationals, particularly moonvine's experience with Mirai! If you could go to your own nationals and watch with a former skater, who would you pick?
For myself"
Men: Kurt
Women: Liz Manley
Pairs: Dylan M., Duhamel as backup
Ice Dance: Shae-lynne B. I was going to sqay Virtue/Moir but I'd get too flustered.
Coach: Tarasova (if I could get a Russian translator) or M-F Dubreuil
Commentator.: P J Kwong
And in the background, I would have tapes of Rod Blasck being enthusiastic!

I thought maybe I could join you in your imaginary experience, until you got to the Rod Black part. I could not tolerate his commentary even for the sake of meeting/listening to all the other stellar choices combined.

rlopen

On the Ice
Men: Adam Rippon (he'd be super funny throughout the whole thing)
Women: Sasha Cohen
Ice Dance: Meryl Davis
Pairs: There's really no one from America...
Coach: Robin Wagner maybe??? If current I'd have Tom Z.

But if I didn't have to choose just the US and language wasn't a barrier...
Men: Lambiel
Women: Pogorilaya (though she may not be former...so then I'd choose Butyrskaya)
Ice Dance: Shae-Lynn Bourne
Pairs: Shen Xue
Coach: TARASOVA

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For the most part this is easy yall.

Men: Adam
Women: Sarah Hughes if Gracie is not skating, otherwise Gracie
Pairs: Tai & Randy. If Chris and Alexa are not skating, otherwise Chris & Alexa
Ice Dance: Tanith & Ben
Coach: John Nicks
Commentator: Dick Button - neither of us are getting any younger.

Someone should compile these and send them to USFS.:pray:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
I thought maybe I could join you in your imaginary experience, until you got to the Rod Black part. I could not tolerate his commentary even for the sake of meeting/listening to all the other stellar choices combined.

But it would be very quiet background noise and occasional comic relief! I just laugh when I hear him. Others make me want to rip my hair out. But for you, I would turn it off!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
How could I possibly resist putting together an all-Ulster line-up?! :biggrin:

Men: Neil Wilson
Ladies: Jenna McCorkell
Pairs: Tameron Drake / Edward Alton
Dance: Sinéad Kerr / John Kerr
Coach: Margaret O'Neill
Commentator: Ah. Can we have Jenna and Sinéad doubling up? Because they have both shown that they are pretty handy behind a microphone! :agree:

OK, so I am stretching things a bit with the Kerrs. But, their Mum is from Donegal (which is why I used "Ulster" rather than "Northern Ireland" ;) ), so for me that is enough for them to qualify for the team! :devil:

CaroLiza_fan

Why do we have to watch Men with a male skater and Ladies with a female skater? :confused2:

Men and Ladies: Browning and Button
Pairs: Trankov
ID: V/M
Coach: Tutberidze and Tarasova (yes, together)
Commentator: No one. Come on.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
MK on one side, Scott Hamilton on the other...Can Sinead sit on my lap? I dont care if she just wants to read a phone book....:love:

GoneWithTheWind

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Men: Elvis Stojko
Ladies: Joannie Rochette
Pairs: Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford (assuming we can have both halves of the pair/dance team)
Dance: Anna Cappellini/Luca Lanotte
Coach: Tarasova!
Commentator: PJ Kwong

Maybe not all technically former skaters, as I'm not sure if Anna/Luca have actually retired...

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Why do we have to watch Men with a male skater and Ladies with a female skater? :confused2:

We don't, it's a fantasy! It just happened to be how USFS had it set up at Nationals. Ladies short with Mirai, Men's Long with Scott Hamilton. I've put a bug in their ear we want more of this with more skaters (well at least I do). Would be more money for the Memorial Fund as well, which is the most important thing.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
We don't, it's a fantasy! It just happened to be how USFS had it set up at Nationals. Ladies short with Mirai, Men's Long with Scott Hamilton. I've put a bug in their ear we want more of this with more skaters (well at least I do). Would be more money for the Memorial Fund as well, which is the most important thing.

Oh. I misunderstood the exercise. I thought we were all going to be in the booth at the same time.

Can you imagine the amount of craic there would have been in my booth, getting that many Irish people together?! :laugh:

CaroLiza_fan

Scrufflet

Final Flight

Men and Ladies: Browning and Button
Pairs: Trankov
ID: V/M
Coach: Tutberidze and Tarasova (yes, together)
Commentator: No one. Come on.

In my book, you can do whatever you want!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can Pogo be there also? :popcorn: I miss you, Pogo...

I just had an idea: We can share the booth! :biggrin:

I'll let Sinéad spend the session she had booked with me over on your side of the booth, if you let Anna spend the session she had booked with you over on my side of the booth.

Deal?

And you and Spirals for Miles can do a deal to share chopinskate's booth for the coach's session. Because I don't want to be anywhere close to being within firing distance of that! :eek: :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I just had an idea: We can share the booth! :biggrin:

I'll let Sinéad spend the session she had booked with me over on your side of the booth, if you let Anna spend the session she had booked with you over on my side of the booth.

Deal?

And you and Spirals for Miles can do a deal to share chopinskate's booth for the coach's session. Because I don't want to be anywhere close to being within firing distance of that! :eek: :drama:

CaroLiza_fan

You are a wise person. In the immortal words of coach Yaroslava Nechaeva, at Omaha nats, ..she said to me, "Never argue with a judge" . Or, if you are a fan, never argue with a coach! You may get the Queen Tut death stare.....:eeking:
(A wise woman,Yasa is.. ...she predicted at Boston than Jason would cut off his hair...and she sat me down next to her mom at Pacific Coast Secs to keep her company:agree:)