AUS's Macquarie Ice Rink saved | Golden Skate

AUS's Macquarie Ice Rink saved

GF2445

Record Breaker
"The people have won the battle for the Macquarie Ice Rink in Sydney's north-western suburbs.

After a community outcry that included petitions signed by more than 60,000 protesters, AMP Capital has announced that a planned redevelopment of the Macquarie Centre will continue to have an Olympic-sized rink."

From Sydney Morning Herald

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-keep-olympic-sized-rink-20190201-p50v2m.html

**On a personal note, thank you to anyone who signed the various petitions. I really hope that this rink will continue to raise Ice Sports Champions in Australia in Figure, Short Track Speed, Hockey and more.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
:laugh2: I was just coming to post this! Good thing I searched first!

This is such good news! I'm so happy!

Hevari

Drivers start your engines!
On the Ice
Aussies you rule! Very inspirational story!

Weathergal

Medalist
"The people have won the battle for the Macquarie Ice Rink in Sydney's north-western suburbs.

After a community outcry that included petitions signed by more than 60,000 protesters, AMP Capital has announced that a planned redevelopment of the Macquarie Centre will continue to have an Olympic-sized rink."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...-keep-olympic-sized-rink-20190201-p50v2m.html

**On a personal note, thank you to anyone who signed the various petitions. I really hope that this rink will continue to raise Ice Sports Champions in Australia in Figure, Short Track Speed, Hockey and more.

I was just thinking about this the other day and wondering how it was going. I have had a horrible morning so it is extra-nice to hear some good news!!!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

More Power to the People :)

Perhaps the heat wave made more people vote for keeping the coldest place in Sydney open ;-)

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
That's amazing! It must cost a fortune to maintain an ice rink in such a hot country. Well done, Aussies!

NymphyNymphy

On the Ice
I am so glad your rink was saved. I am still pissed that our rink was converted into a roller derby rink for the late spring and summer months.... lack of funding and interest in figure skating is sad.