When one half of a pair is injured | Golden Skate

When one half of a pair is injured

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What does the other half do? Will Alexa go to the rink and work on skating skills, jumps, etc, or do off ice training?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes.

Chris worked on his jumps when Alexa was ill. He even practiced by himself prior to a Comp (Worlds in Finland?) when she wasn’t feeling well.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When Haven Denney was recovering from her surgery, Brandon went to Detroit and worked on skating skills at Marina Zueva's rink. Danny O'Shea did the same thing, although he may have just worked at his home rink. Can't remember now.

LisaS

On the Ice
I remember an interview fluff piece on Tessa and Scott when she was injured. Scott skated with a sand bag in practice.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It seems to be standard practice. I know Guillaume kept training while Gabriella was recovering from her concussion, too.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I remember an interview fluff piece on Tessa and Scott when she was injured. Scott skated with a sand bag in practice.

This one had me in stitches ....
Are we talking pair skating or ice dance here? Pair skating is the most difficult and most dangerous discipline in figure skating. And given the intricate nature of the routine and the special relationship of trust and confidence between the male and female in pair skating, it sort of seems normal the remaining skater doesn't practice his/her routine with another temporary partner.

When Pavlyuchenko and Khodykin skated in the JGPF gala and crashed into the boarding, Denis instinctively guarded Dariya's head from colliding with the ice floor.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
This one had me in stitches ....
Are we talking pair skating or ice dance here? Pair skating is the most difficult and most dangerous discipline in figure skating. And given the intricate nature of the routine and the special relationship of trust and confidence between the male and female in pair skating, it sort of seems normal the remaining skater doesn't practice his/her routine with another temporary partner.

When Pavlyuchenko and Khodykin skated in the JGPF gala and crashed into the boarding, Denis instinctively guarded Dariya's head from colliding with the ice floor.

Dance is no different re: partners.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Danny worked in FL at the time. Tarah actually went to CO to recover so roles were a little bit reversed on that one.

oly2018

Final Flight
Cong Han talked quite a bit about what he did while Sui was recovering from her surgery. He focused a lot on presentation because he felt like she was better at projecting than him.