Worlds: Men's FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Worlds: Men's FS

icybear

Medalist
Because his overall skating and choreo delivery are certainly done in a sloppy and half-hearted way and are really subpar compared to other skaters, so imo he’s always overscored in PCS.

There was a lot of overscored pcs today but lol you had to pick on Boyang who gets the least amount of inflation. I mean if you're want to talk about overscored PCS talk about Chen being 1 pt less than Hanyu. Now that is overscored pcs.

"I lost, I lost, I am kuyashii, he is cool, damn." :laugh:

https://twitter.com/aco97295125/status/1109442137148416000

Congratulations to all the medalists! I am also happy for Kolyada, I hope we're going to see him perform like today more in the next season.

Now, I am going back to watch Yuzuru's FS again, I had waited for this day for 4 months and what I've got is truly treasure :thumbsup:

Download the BES version as soon as you can :biggrin:

One of the best things about this competition was the mutual shows of respect between Yuzuru and Nathan. They are the two best skaters in the world right now and each acknowledges the other as such.

You even see the result of that respect in this forum. They really cooled down their fans, it's enjoyable to see that most fans are praising both of them at the same time. They just made my day, so young but enormously mature :love:

LindaTNo1

Rinkside
Yuzuru Hanyu, the People's Champion, globally. At least two-thirds of the audience was for Yuzu. Yuzuru is the face of figure skating. He sells the tickets and fills seats. ISU and judges should be grateful for him as he is pushing the sport forward. He is the supreme artist. He won all his Grand Prix series up to the Final which he was ranked FIRST. Yuzuru is already a Multi-Millionaire and is set for life whatever he chooses to do. He skates and competes for the love of skating. Win 3 at Beijing. He is the greatest of all-time.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You even see the result of that respect in this forum. They really cooled down their fans, it's enjoyable to see that most fans are praising both of them at the same time. They just made my day, so young but enormously mature :love:

For the most part, yes. :)

Ali81

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Yuzuru was sensational , producing another timeless performance with depth and flair .Nathan jumped extremely well.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Nathan and Yuzuru were phenomenal, and in addition, great people! I love how when during the wait for Jason's scores, the cameraman (rudely) switched the focus to Nathan and he kept pointing them to go back to Jason. On a sad note, gutted for Jason :( Burn that bowling shirt, and that damn free with it. I will always remember his glorious short though. Also gutted for Keegan, I can't believe Canada are down to one spot in men's next year...

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
There was a lot of overscored pcs today but lol you had to pick on Boyang who gets the least amount of inflation. I mean if you're want to talk about overscored PCS talk about Chen being 1 pt less than Hanyu. Now that is overscored pcs.

It's hard to say... Chen had more difficult content (having done the 2 hardest quads and 2 quad toes vs. Hanyu doing the 2 easier quads and 2 quad toes), and better execution overall (IMO, and according to GOE) which lends to a better impression of the overall program. As the adage goes, a clean skate says a lot to the judges. This was on Japanese ice, which is the last place you'd expect Chen to get overscored and Hanyu to get underscored, so I don't see how anyone can make that argument for this particular competition when it was at a venue that theoretically would have boosted a home skater and held back a visiting skater. I have had maybe dropped Chen to about a 94, and kept Hanyu's PCS where it was. They're both exceptional at what they do, but there was room for improvement in the skates they showed today (I'm talking the overall programs).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Well, most fans. :laugh: But yeah, I'm glad at least their rivalry is friendly, and it has indeed allowed some fans to be more gracious.

Bcash

Final Flight
The PCS scoring problem (tied to TES and not enough differentiation among the subcategories) has been there for too long and certainly not restricted to any one skater.

As to this particular competition, neither Hanyu nor Chen had a flawless skate, but Hanyu's performance definitely was more captivating, while Nathan's felt more like a series of well-executed jumps.

I think Nathan got too much on GOE and PCS (9 in transitions? really?) but I agree with the placement. He skated amazing, and those quads were great.

Sad for Shoma especially after his interview, you can do it!

Happy for a clean-ish Origin Yuzu did great all things considered, 4Loop and 4Toe3Axel, where's my wig?

Vincent had no business on the podium, if scored correctly in both sp and fs* he wouldn't be third but anyways, he skated great too.

Mikhail having also a clean-ish Carmen, I live for that.

And Jun and Jason, my heart hurts for them. I hope Jun get the rest he deserves (looking at you KSU) and boots that fit him.

Jason is a star no matter what, he won in my heart (I have like 5 winners lmao)

A very enjoyable competition. Happy for all skaters. I love their sportsmanship.

------

btw jumps are NOT part of the PCS okay? so don't use them as an excuse for high scores.

**Oops, I only mentioned Nathan but its not only against /him-his score/ directly, I haven't had the time to check other skaters scores just the top 3, Im pretty sure others have questionable scores too.

yelyoh

Medalist
Country
United-States
Yuzuru Hanyu, the People's Champion, globally. At least two-thirds of the audience was for Yuzu. Yuzuru is the face of figure skating. He sells the tickets and fills seats. ISU and judges should be grateful for him as he is pushing the sport forward. He is the supreme artist. He won all his Grand Prix series up to the Final which he was ranked FIRST. Yuzuru is already a Multi-Millionaire and is set for life whatever he chooses to do. He skates and competes for the love of skating. Win 3 at Beijing. He is the greatest of all-time.

Now tell us how you really feel.:)

century2009

On the Ice
Nathan did execute his jumps better than Hanyu overall so deservedly the higher GOEs.

That 4Lutz was smooth like butter. His other jumps were also very well done.

He really has grown and matured, performing a brilliant program with the highest technical content compared to any man. No man can stop him now when he is on.

I am wondering if he is human and to do this while at Yale. It is crazy and good for him to prove that you can do it.

ElSoteroLoco

On the Ice
This was the moment I have been quietly waiting for.....as a man, you want the top men to battle it out. Both men, Yuzuru and Nathan skater back to back. When I saw that Nathan was skating AFTER Yuzuru I immediately thought “he’s been in this situation before”, remember all those, and he came out in Japan, skating after all the exceedingly loud cheers, skating around all the Pooh beers, after Yuzuru skated lights out as he had many times before.... but Nathan learned from those SP’s @ the Olympics. If anything, this showed he can truly hold himself up. Congrats to all the athletes here. What an astounding men’s event. Many blessings forward to the defending and UNDEFEATED this season Nathan Chen. :)

Lambari

Final Flight
Yuzuru is such an icon.

Not only his whole performance, but the footage after he's done. The shot with his fist on the ice, the plushies cascading down and eyes upwards. Everything surrounding him plays like a movie! The drama of it all!

He already has all that a skater could ask for yet he's always looking to be a better version of himself. Putting himself through this scrutinity and hawk eyes of the media because of his love for competing and the sport in general. I can't stress this enough. I'll forever be grateful that he continues to skate and graces us with iconic moments like these.

Nathan is an incredible skater and to produce like this shows his gigantic inwards strenght. He's grown a lot these past years and given his character he will continue to do so. His feat this day needs to be lauded. I'll look forward to his journey to Beijing Olympics.

I feel lucky to see, even if through a computer screen, the very best of the sport compete and yet still maintain great respect to each other's qualities. For several years fans have been worried that the quad development would destroy what we cherish the most, impactful performances, because of innumerous falls and other disruptions. It does have its shortcomings, I can't deny that. But in my opinion, this competition is one example that we can indeed have impactful skates even with this type of tehnnical content as long as we have incredible athletes like these.

Thank you again!

Vincent Zhou! Go, man, go!

Vincent had a starry, starry night. :clap:

I am not afraid to be the lone appreciative voice crying in the wilderness. ;) OK, maybe his presentation isn't as mature yet as the -- um, more mature skaters. (Duh). :)

LindaTNo1

Rinkside
Nathan did execute his jumps better than Hanyu overall so deservedly the higher GOEs.

That 4Lutz was smooth like butter. His other jumps were also very well done.

He really has grown and matured, performing a brilliant program with the highest technical content compared to any man. No man can stop him now when he is on.

I am wondering if he is human and to do this while at Yale. It is crazy and good for him to prove that you can do it.

Yuzuru has been skating 2x Olympic Championships WHILE applying for and attending the elite Waseda University these past years. All credit goes to him. and living and training in Canada.

Warwick360

Medalist
The Men's FS event seems so lacklustre outside of the top 3 (now that I've managed to see them). I must say, this World Championships definitely was for the girls to shine in. Even with a mistake here and there, the ladies' event totally was the highlight. Hopefully the next Worlds will have equal (but high) level of intensity on both side.