Canada's Choreographers and Coaches | Golden Skate

Canada's Choreographers and Coaches

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Just thinking many of the programs are choreographed by Canadian choreographers such as Tracy Wilson, Lorri Nichol, and David Wilson. Also many of the top skaters today are being coached by Canadian coaches, Brian Orser, Tracy Wilson, Doug Leigh, Dubreuil and Lauzon, Lee Barkell. So Canada does have quite an influence on today's top skaters from all over the world. Quite an honour.

:points::medal"

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bruno Marcotte, Kurt Browning, Scott Moir.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I think it's one of the things that while impressive it is built around circumstances.

Canada is the only country which has a big impact in this sport but it's not a closed environment where everyone works primarily to bring results for only one country, so if you are foreign skater you can expect coaches and choreographers willing to work with you and also great facilities.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I think it's one of the things that while impressive it is built around circumstances.

Canada is the only country which has a big impact in this sport but it's not a closed environment where everyone works primarily to bring results for only one country, so if you are foreign skater you can expect coaches and choreographers willing to work with you and also great facilities.

US is no different.

Ic3Rabbit

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
To some degree. In Canada, you can keep your nations identity and traditions even if you become a Canadian citizen.

I've lived and trained in both and know. I'll leave it at that. :rolleye:

slider11

Medalist
Canada should be applauded for their consistent production of outstanding "home-grown" coaches. I have always appreciated their talent and knowledge but also their compassionate concern for their skaters. They just don't produce outstanding skaters but nurtured adults.