The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced | Golden Skate

The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced

Andrea82

Medalist
ISU have announced the 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy to be held in Fukuoka on 11-14 April.

1) Russia 9,038 points

2) USA 7,752

3) Japan 6,991

4) France 5,541

5) Italy 4,344

6) Canada 4,217

Link: https://www.isu.org/figure-skating/...fy-for-isu-world-team-trophy?templateParam=15

Qualification standings are calculated using scoring scale used for the ISU World Standing points. Scores used are top 2 (from different skaters) single men and women and top score for Ice Dance and Pair teams in GP and top 2 scores (from different skaters) single men and women and top score for Ice Dance and Pair teams in 2019 Worlds. If a country has no skater who earned WS points in Senior GP, they can use Junior GPs; if they don't have points from Senior Worlds, they can use Europeans, 4 Continents and Junior Worlds.

For example Russia score is made up of:

From Worlds
Kolayada 709 points
Lazukin 465
Zagitova 1200
Medvedeva 972
Tarasova/Morozov 1080
Sinistina/Katsalapov 1080

From GP season
Voronov 472 from GP Final
Samarin 324 from Skate Canada
Zagitova 720 from GP Final
Tuktamysheva 648 from GP Final
Tarasova/Morozov 648 from GP Final
Sinistina/Katsalapov 720 from GP Final

GGFan

Record Breaker
I had no idea there were qualification rules, so thanks for this explanation. For some reason I just assumed China would be there, but I guess they do not have contenders in the ladies and Boyang doesn't have company in the mens.

yume

🍉
Record Breaker
I hope to see two skaters who were imo robbed of their worlds spot. Tuktik and Maé. Tuktamysheva said that she wants to show us her two 3As free program this season. I assume that it will be at WTT. I don't know anywhere else it would be.

Who Italy can send in ladies?

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
I hope to see two skaters who were imo robbed of their worlds spot. Tuktik and Maé. Tuktamysheva said that she wants to show us her two 3As free program this season. I assume that it will be at WTT. I don't know anywhere else it would be.

But doesn’t WTT only invite the highest ranked WS skaters from each country? So for Russia it would be Alina and Zhenya again.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
But doesn’t WTT only invite the highest ranked WS skaters from each country? So for Russia it would be Alina and Zhenya again.

Interesting.
Has there been any reported interaction between Medvyedeva and Tutberidze in Saitama? With WTT being a team event, they cannot completely ignore each other.

pearly

Record Breaker
I wonder if Alina will do the WTT or will maybe give her spot to someone else. Maybe they decide she deserved a break.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I wonder if Alina will do the WTT or will maybe give her spot to someone else. Maybe they decide she deserved a break.

We'll know in due course when registration closes. is there any overlap between remaining competitions, commercial shows, etc etc?

Dreamer57

Record Breaker
Alina wasn't at the last one, I think she would like to participate if she could.

But doesn’t WTT only invite the highest ranked WS skaters from each country?

Kaetlyn Osmond and P/C were not present at the 2017 WTT. Unless they were injured at the time.
Therefore I thought countries could choose whoever they wanted?

pearly

Record Breaker
Since it's an informal competition I'm sure there is some lenience and if someone declines it's probably not questioned very much. Evgenia did say she has a show coming, maybe it overlaps. I hope to see Liza skate again.

Fluture

Record Breaker
Since it's an informal competition I'm sure there is some lenience and if someone declines it's probably not questioned very much. Evgenia did say she has a show coming, maybe it overlaps. I hope to see Liza skate again.

I doubt Evgenia will participate. She has shows during this time and is still healing from this hip injury. She didn‘t do any jumps in the gala today. So, while shows are probably okay where she can take it easier, a full blown competition with all the jumps and spins and two programs not so much. I also think Alina will be there with Masaru and Liza. The latter mentioned she wants to show three 3A this season already and she posted on Instagram that she‘s flying to Japan. So, I guess it will be those two. Zhenya will probably decline.

moriel

Record Breaker

WTT is mostly a commercial thing, and the prizes are huge.
I see no reason for her to skip it, really.

Andrea82

Medalist
Scores at WTT will count for Season Best list

Since it's an informal competition I'm sure there is some lenience and if someone declines it's probably not questioned very much.

yes, the announcement only says that if some of the top skaters decide not to partecipate, they have the right to exclude the whole team but not they are obliged to do it

Furthermore, in case that one or more of the best ranked Skaters/Couples (in the ISU World Standings valid after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019) of a Qualified ISU Member elects not to participate, the ISU reserves the right to exclude such team from the competition and to invite instead the Member/s whose team is ranked next in the ISU World Team Trophy qualification list.

P44

On the Ice
I hope France can have a place on the podium. I think there is no need to worry about pair and ice dance, and when it comes to men I think it's ok but it may be complicated for ladies...
And by the way, who Italy will send for ladies ?

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Scores at WTT will count for Season Best list

yes, the announcement only says that if some of the top skaters decide not to partecipate, they have the right to exclude the whole team but not they are obliged to do it

Furthermore, in case that one or more of the best ranked Skaters/Couples (in the ISU World Standings valid after the ISU World Figure Skating Championships 2019) of a Qualified ISU Member elects not to participate, the ISU reserves the right to exclude such team from the competition and to invite instead the Member/s whose team is ranked next in the ISU World Team Trophy qualification list.

The announcement also mentions that it is of the highest importance that Rule 136 paragraph 6 of the ISU General Regulations be respected and implemented by all ISU Members and Skaters.

Rule 136 paragraph 6 of the ISU General Regulations:

6. Priority Participation
ISU Members with Skaters who place within the first ten places at any ISU Championships and who continue in the following season to participate in Skating competitions and/or exhibitions as eligible Skaters, shall have the obligation, when entering or authorizing the participation of such Skaters in Skating competitions and/or exhibitions, to give first priority to participation of such Skaters in those ISU Events which are the subject of ISU television and commercial contracts as notified to ISU Members. ISU Members who fail to comply with the above obligation, and Skaters who refuse to participate in such ISU Events, without medical or other justified reasons, shall be subject to sanctions under the relevant Rules.

Whether ISU would implement such sanctions is another matter ...

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Might be a bit much to ask, but I'd love if Rika could skate clean in a much more celebratory atmosphere and snag some new SBs and a WR... lol. It'll be fun either way!

pearly

Record Breaker
6. Priority Participation
ISU Members with Skaters who place within the first ten places at any ISU Championships and who continue in the following season to participate in Skating competitions and/or exhibitions as eligible Skaters, shall have the obligation, when entering or authorizing the participation of such Skaters in Skating competitions and/or exhibitions, to give first priority to participation of such Skaters in those ISU Events which are the subject of ISU television and commercial contracts as notified to ISU Members. ISU Members who fail to comply with the above obligation, and Skaters who refuse to participate in such ISU Events, without medical or other justified reasons, shall be subject to sanctions under the relevant Rules.

Whether ISU would implement such sanctions is another matter ...

I don't think they would for a WTT. If Alina comes, we must get Masaru on the ice.