The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced | Page 4 | Golden Skate

The 6 countries qualified for World Team Trophy announced

Andrea82

Medalist
I'd say that makes solid sense, except that I have no idea who the second man is.

Is he the firm French #2?

He is 18 years old.
He finished 4th at Junior GP Final, 2nd at Senior Nationals, 12th at Europeans and 6th at Junior Worlds. His SB score is 219.91 (Junior Worlds). At Europeans he scored 218.06.

I wouldn't say he is the firm #2 yet because we have not seen Ponsart (who did badly at Skate America but well at French GP, scoring 229 points) in the second half of the season. He is certainly a promising prospect. He has 2 quads, but he still needs to work on PCS and quality of elements. He trains with Joubert in Poitiers.

skatenewbie

Medalist
I'd say that makes solid sense, except that I have no idea who the second man is.

Is he the firm French #2?
Not yet, he is not full senior. He do JGP in early season but he went to EC. His SB is below Romain but he have potential for sure

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks to all for the info on Adam.

I don't follow juniors very closely, so that's why I'm unfamiliar with him.

I look forward to seeing him skate at WTT.

I wish El Henry was following this thread. She's my walking-talking reference book on juniors, and she would have gotten me straightened out quickly. :laugh:

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Have you heard any news recently about how Carolina Kostner and Elisabetta Leccardi are getting on with their journeys to get back to full fitness?

Because that would be my dream team.

CaroLiza_fan

no, sorry, i haven't, but i'd love to see carolina skating again

natsulian

Final Flight
Team USA
Ladies: Mariah Bell & Bradie Tennell (alternate: Starr Andrews)
Mens: Nathan Chen & Vincent Zhou (alternate: Jason Brown)
Pairs: Ashley Cain & Timothy LeDuc (alternate: Denney/Frazier)
Dance: Madison Hubbell & Zachary Donohue (Alternate: Chock/Bates)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team USA

Thanks for that. No surprises; it's what I expected, although the alternates are interesting.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Can you blame him tho :laugh2: its heavily based on how the singles skaters do rather than pair teams.

I suspect Scott Moir's disdain had more to do with the clownish aspects, rather than the format of the event.

He just doesn't strike me as the type to gladly accept the mandate to appear in a rainbow wig and wave sparklers.

But, hey, it's a paycheck.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is it really necessary to dredge up and "analyze" :rolleye: ancient history from 2012???

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I suspect Scott Moir's disdain had more to do with the clownish aspects, rather than the format of the event.

He just doesn't strike me as the type to gladly accept the mandate to appear in a rainbow wig and wave sparklers.

But, hey, it's a paycheck.

Naah, it had moreso to do with the fact that he wasn’t pleased with his scores. Also, the fact that Davis/White were consistently beating him and Tessa at WTT if I recall correctly ...

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Is it really necessary to dredge up and "analyze" :rolleye: ancient history from 2012???

Unfortunately, dredging up things from the past is not only a permanent feature of any sport fandom, but of internet usage in general :confused2:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Unfortunately, dredging up things from the past is not only a permanent feature of any sport fandom, but of internet usage in general :confused2:

LOL, still does not make any of it necessary.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Team USA

I know its only the alternate spot but Starr Andrews over Ting Cui?

Really USFSA, REALLY? :confused:

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
LOL, still does not make any of it necessary.

Not to get all philosophical, but is anything we talk about on a figure skating forum 'necessary'? People will talk about what they wanna talk about. Scott Moir is not an exception.

Back to the current topic: I can't decide which team I want to win! Perhaps Russia :biggrin:

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Absolutely! That's the fun of figure skating. Old competitions are never over, old grudges never die, and it's never too late to relitigate judging decisions. Besides that, I'm not going to pass up an opportunity to throw a little good-natured shade at the goofiness of WTT.

And if you think 2012 is "ancient history" you must not have been a fan for long. I still have a beef with the 1980 Olympic Ladies Event. Linda wazrobbed!