Two VCR Alerts | Golden Skate

Two VCR Alerts

IDLERACER

Medalist
Saturday, January 1st, Brian Boitano's special will be on NBC from 1:00 to 3:00 PM if you live on the West Coast, and from 4:00 to 6:00 PM if you live on the East Coast. 👍

Sunday, January 2nd, Katarina Witt's special will also be on NBC from 1:00 to 3:00 PM on the West Coast and from 4:00 to 6:00 PM if you live on the East Coast. 👍

And now, I would like to make an announcement...I was on the web a couple of nights ago, when lightening struck my apartment complex, and it completely fried my dial-up modem. :mad: I'm typing this from a local library. I'm taking this as an omen, and have now dicided to upgrade to high-speed DSL. :rock: I should be back on line and annoying everyone again beginning sometime next week, in case you all start wondering about my absence for the next few days. Till then, Happy New Years, y'all!

sk8m8

Final Flight
(Parenthetical) Good wishes for the New Year and High Speed

Idleracer,

First, thanks for the RECORD alert (we can't call them VCR alerts anymore; too many people have TiVo and DVRs, geeeeeez :sheesh: )

Second, you must think of the Cable/DSL ( I prefer cable myself, about the same cost and you don't have to buy anything else besides it and NO LONG TERM CONTRACT!!! Take that you dastardly, BELL Companies! You're MA knew how to treat us! :mad:) as an investment to the betterment of GSF ( I know, Paula...how can you be better then the BEST??? :agree: ) Perhaps we'll all chip in and order Avitars from you at a resonable donation for your fine work and pithy commnets. Welcome to the high speed world. Our cable company (Comcast....hey, you got to may your money to SOME monopoly.... :cry: ) offers same day installation if you order by 10am.

Enjoy, too ( though crafty posters could tell us where you can find moremoremore of the skating video clips) the blazing speed at which you can download La Kwan and Il Cohen programs and watch them in a "Window of Real Flash Media" Yahoo! Also helps if you're hotheaded and impusive ( for example, like me :biggrin: ) then you can post and have the whole thing deleted in 3 seconds....if anyone catches you, then they're the faster reader and just act naturally (deny, defend, deflect :yes: ) and post on.

See you soon. And, as always, keep us informed with all the tidbits of the torrid world of Ice doings out your way ( who would have known S Cal would be such a hotebed of icy intrigue??? :p ) We're " jonesin' " until you do.

S

SkateFan4Life

Some more info on the Katarina Witt television special:

THE ONLY LIVING TWO TIME OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST
KATARINA WITT STARS IN AN NBC SKATING SPECIAL

HYUNDAI PRESENTS KATARINA & FRIENDS

Sunday, January 2, 2005

NBC TV 4-6pm Eastern Time

Two-time Olympic Gold Medalist Katarina Witt’s sixth consecutive NBC Figure skating show with top figure skaters and live vocal performances. The cast includes

Katarina Witt, 1984 and 1988 Olympic Gold medallist and two-time world champion; Kristi Yamaguchi, 1992 Olympic Gold medallist, and two-time World champion; Ekaterina Gordeeva, two-time Olympic Gold medallist for pairs skating.

Steven Cousins, eight-time British National Champion, Nicole Bobek, 1995 U.S. National champion and World Bronze medallist; Jennifer Robinson, six-time Canadian champion.

The elegant pairs skaters performing the popular ice dancing numbers are: Kati Winkler & Rene Lohse, Six-time German National champions and World Champion, Yuka Sato and her husband Jason Dungien.

This year, Katarina welcomes the eclectic musical stylings of the legendary Patti LaBelle, JoDee Messina and ingénue Hayley Westenra.

The show is produced by Disson Skating www.dissonskating.com and With Witt Sports and Entertainment www.katarina-witt.com and will air Sunday, January 2 on NBC Sports. Check local listings for time

...you can post and have the whole thing deleted in 3 seconds....if anyone catches you, then they're the faster reader and just act naturally (deny, defend, deflect ) and post on. -- Sk8m8
That's worth the price of DSL right there! :laugh:

We really needed the VCR/Tivo thing for this. The skating was opposite both the Rose Bowl and the Twilight Zone marathon on PBS.

I liked John Zimmerman's solo number. Also, Diana DeGarmo did pretty well, I thought. But Michigan lost in the last two seconts, 37 to 38.

Mathman

Linny

Final Flight
Boitano's special

They cut Elena/Andre's number. They were introduced as part of the cast in the beginning, and then we saw them briefly in a group number and that was it.

Boo hoo. If I'm going to watch professional skating, I'd like to see the best. This pair are among the best.

Coulda did without Brian's Hernando's Hideaway instead.

Linny

Last edited: