Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series? | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Who will be invited to 2019-20 GP series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
It feels like Christmas Eve!! :yahoo:

I KNOW!!! Right now it is 5pm US Central time! How many more hours?!?!?! lol I know I'm going to Skate Am, but if I'm in a good enough mood I'll splurge on it!! I haven't Lobby Chick'd in twenty years!!!

Roast Toast

Medalist
Being seeded is such great news for G/P. They might actually not get shafted in terms of assignments this year.

(Weaver and Poje) were seeded from Worlds, having finished in 5th there.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1819/wc2019/data0490.htm

So of those left, Chock & Bates are now 5th seed, Gilles & Poirier are 6th. So G&P should definitely be at Skate Canada.

roast toast said:
Being seeded is such great news for G/P. They might actually not get shafted in terms of assignments this year.

So this means that Gilles and Poirier can meet only one of the top 5 in each of their events, right? This gives them a great chance to make the GP finals with two seconds (or better).

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
So this means that Gilles and Poirier can meet only one of the top 5 in each of their events, right? This gives them a great chance to make the GP finals with two seconds (or better).
Yes, they'll be at SCI (almost certainly with Sinitsina/Katsalapov, again) and one other event, yet to be determined, with one of the top three. They were also seeded last year, but got bowled over at both events by the S/K surge up from not even being at Worlds the previous year to being one of the very top teams. Outside of the seeded teams this time around, Guignard/Fabbri are the biggest; it will be interesting to see where they end up, as they'll up the competitiveness of whichever two events considerably.

Provisionally as far as the ice dance seeding goes, I think you can pencil in this:

Skate America: Hubbell/Donohue, _____
Skate Canada International: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Gilles/Poirier
Internationaux de France: Papadakis/Cizeron, _____
Cup of China: Hubbell/Donohue, _____
Rostelecom Cup: Sinitsina/Katsalapov, _____
NHK Trophy: Papadakis/Cizeron, _____

The big question is what strategy Stepanova/Bukin and Chock/Bates choose to pursue in making their selections. One of of them is going to have to go against P/C at one of their events, probably Chock/Bates, unless Stepanova/Bukin decide that going to NHK outweighs the guarantee of not winning gold; they can also decide whether they want to prioritize doubling up with their countrymen in the top seed or not.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I KNOW!!! Right now it is 5pm US Central time! How many more hours?!?!?! lol I know I'm going to Skate Am, but if I'm in a good enough mood I'll splurge on it!! I haven't Lobby Chick'd in twenty years!!!

Hands up who is feeling like a small child "are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? are we....."

Ryan O

Final Flight
Country
Canada
Yes, they'll be at SCI (almost certainly with Sinitsina/Katsalapov, again) and one other event, yet to be determined, with one of the top three. They were also seeded last year, but got bowled over at both events by the S/K surge up from not even being at Worlds the previous year to being one of the very top teams.

Yeah, it was pretty clear the fix was in for S&K last year. Not only did they overtake G&P, but they even overtook W&P by the time of Worlds. Huge leap in the standings.

And yes, as several commentators pointed out, because G&P had tough GP assignments, they missed out on the GPF even though 2 of the teams below them (Hawayek & Baker and Guignard & Fabbri) qualified for the GPF because of easier assignments.

pearly

Record Breaker
Screw you, ISU. Russia asks for an extension in nominating their World team and they're like "Nope". ISU needs an extension? Oh by all means.

ankifeather

Final Flight
Screw you, ISU. Russia asks for an extension in nominating their World team and they're like "Nope". ISU needs an extension? Oh by all means.

But the ISU never promised to release it today or had any deadline to start with, only a Japanese reporter claims it coming out today. The NHK website also confirmed it's coming out tomorrow.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
But the ISU never promised to release it today or had any deadline to start with, only a Japanese reporter claims it coming out today. The NHK website also confirmed it's coming out tomorrow.

Could you provide a link please? Thank you.

pearly

Record Breaker

Oh so we were running with fake news from the start? Great.

LaArdilla

Medalist
They sure know how to keep us on our toes, don't they? If it was a regular day I would probably just check it in the evening, but it's a holiday in my country and apparently I have nothing else to do but get excited for the GP assignments!

Status
Not open for further replies.