2019/20 GP and Challenger Series announced | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2019/20 GP and Challenger Series announced

Orlov

Medalist
Has anyone been to cup of Russia in Moscow before? Which arena is it held in and is it pretty easy to navigate there? TDF is out for me because it was so horribly organised last year and in such a terrible location. I’ve also hear Turino isn’t great

I'm pretty sure that it will be "Megasport" as always. Last February, the metro station "ЦСКА" (CSKA) was opened next to it, so it’s easy to get to.

Btw, moriel how do we transcribe "ЦСКА" here? "CSKA" or "CSCA" according to the translation - Central Sport Club of Army?

CSK(C)A - it's club of Buyanova, TAT team.

Alextrusova

Rinkside
I'm pretty sure that it will be "Megasport" as always. Last February, the metro station "ЦСКА" (CSKA) was opened next to it, so it’s easy to get to.

Btw, moriel how do we transcribe "ЦСКА" here? "CSKA" or "CSCA" according to the translation - Central Sport Club of Army?

CSK(C)A - it's club of Buyanova, TAT team.

Thank you! I just looked it up on google maps and CSKA does look very close, maybe 6 or 7 minutes walk.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Oh, sorry - I meant for Skate Canada only because you said it was close to home. But close is relative, and spending money on hotels obviously won’t help.
When Skate Canada was in Mississauga I paid $180 (CAD) for full event. I found it very convenient.

Orlov

Medalist
Thank you! I just looked it up on google maps and CSKA does look very close, maybe 6 or 7 minutes walk.

This is if you go very slowly :) From the nearest (northern) metro exit go less than 300 meters (1000 feet) to Megasport. For me, this is not more than 4 minutes not a quick walk :)

When you live in Moscow - all distances are measured in minutes of walking from the subway :)

Kelly Lynn

Rinkside
Torino has the most uncomfortable ledges and I do mean ledges rather than seats imaginable. Only for the very young and thin although you will desperately need a cushion. The arena is not near lodgings but buses do run. Food is not available or at least it wasn’t when I attended Worlds. I thought the Gran Prix Finals were going to be in France. What happened?

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Torino has the most uncomfortable ledges and I do mean ledges rather than seats imaginable. Only for the very young and thin although you will desperately need a cushion. The arena is not near lodgings but buses do run. Food is not available or at least it wasn’t when I attended Worlds. I thought the Gran Prix Finals were going to be in France. What happened?

Why do they keep getting events?

frida80

Record Breaker

I think France is still uncomfortable with large events after the attack. That or someone had the good sense to look at IdF and realize anyone else could it better. And with medals and not plates.