Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354
Results 1,061 to 1,065 of 1065

Thread: 2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    The question would be, what show(s) were their songs from. The best way for teams to not get in this mess, with as loosy goosy requirements as this year has, is to file their bios timely, well before their first event, and list all the songs they are using, and the shows they came from. Most of the dance competitors at Lombardia did not do that. Bad move. HUGE! ...especially for teams wanting to stand out by using music from obscure or very recent shows.

Boney M has a musical
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boney_M.

There is at least one Michael Jackson Jukebox musical...so One More Chance is probably OK too
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don%...ough_(musical)e

They should have been fine, but it was their own fault. They did not file a timely, complete bio.

So while I am.sorry for them, I hope they have learned a lesson.
    Both 'Daddy Cool' and 'Gotta Go Home' are in the songlist for Daddy Cool, so those choices are legal. Don't Stop Till You Get Enough has never been staged and the song list isn't known; I can't find evidence of 'One More Chance' being used in any other musical either, so it may be the problem. If it has been used in one that's actually been staged and is a legit musical, but their team didn't file the paperwork correctly including the names of the musicals, the deductions are their own fault - everyone was told they had to do it before the season even started - but it'll only be a one-time thing.

If somebody got the rules for seniors mixed up with the rules for juniors and thought the pattern could be set to something other than a musical in seniors too, though, that's a more serious failure on the part of choreographer and/or coach, and they're going to need a revamp. There might be something in the Daddy Cool songlist that works for the pattern in its place.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Madison Chock & Evan Bates USA
    RD: "Too Darn Hot" by Cole Porter from Kiss Me, Kate; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard
    FD: "Yearning" by Raul Ferrando, "Sahara Nights" by DJ Quincy and "Layali Al-Sharq" by Al-Ahram Orchestra; choreo by Marie France Dubreuil, Sam Chouinard

So both US teams at U.S. International Classic have the same RD music

McNamara and Carpenter have changed their second piece of music from Adele to Adam Lambert

Lorraine MCNAMARA / Quinn CARPENTER USA
    RD: ‘It Was a Good Time" and "Maybe This Time" by Liza Minelli; choreo by Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney
    FD: "Rescue" by Lauren Daigle and "No Boundaries" by Adam Lambert; Karla Garcia, Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov, Caitlin Kinney
    Last edited by dorispulaski; Yesterday at 02:55 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Updates from Lombardia Trophy Rhythm Dance

No. Name Nation
    1 India NETTE / Eron WESTWOOD
    RD: Overture to Gypsy
    FD: "Music" by David Garrett and "The Rhythm Thief" by Sparks
    AUS
    2 Laurence FOURNIER BEAUDRY / Nikolaj SORENSEN
    RD: Blues: Raise A Little Hell; Slow Foxtrot: Bonnie; Quickstep: This World Will Remember Us; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, S. Chouinard
    FD: "Summertime" performed by Chris Botti and "Cry Me River" performed by Michael Bublé; choreo by M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, S. Chouinard
    CAN
    3 Marjorie LAJOIE / Zachary LAGHA
    RD: Swing: Prologue (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; Quickstep: Dance at the Gym (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; Swing: America (from "Westside Story") by Leonard Bernstein; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
    FD: Bohemian Rhapsody by Freddie Mercury; A Night At the Opera by Freddie Mercury; choreo by R. Haguenauer, G. Cournoyer, M.F. Dubreuil
    CAN
    4 Yuka ORIHARA / Juho PIRINEN
    RD: Quickstep: Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
    Waltz: Trip a Little Light Fantastic Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman;
    End Title Suite Overture (from "Mary Poppins Returns") by Marc Shaiman, Scott Wittman; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
    FD: "Near Light" by Ólafur Arnalds; "Waves" by Dean Lewis; choreo by Paola Mezzadri, M. Wing, A. Lowe, N. Brown
    FIN
    WD Juulia TURKKILA / Matthias VERSLUIS
    RD: Quickstep: "Overture" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); Swing: "What Do I Need With Love" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); "Forget About the Boy" (from "Thoroughly Modern Millie"); choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Massimo Scali
    FD: "Smilies for Y" by Ezio Bosso; "Unconditioned (Following, A Bird)" by Ezio Bosso; "Fortitude" by Haevn; choreo by Pasquale Camerlengo, Massimo Scali
    FIN
    5 Adelina GALYAVIEVA / Louis THAURON
    RD: Daddy Cool by Boney M; I Want You Back by the Jackson 5; Gotta Go Home by Boney M
    FD: Carmen Suite
    FRA
    6 Robynne TWEEDALE / Joseph BUCKLAND
    RD: Overture to Top Hat; Let's Face the Music and Dance
    FD: "Rocketman" and "Goodbye, Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John
    GBR
    7 Chiara CALDERONE / Pietro PAPETTI
    RD: Chicago soundtrack: All That Jazz and Hot Honey Rag
    FD: "La Strada" by Nino Rota
    ITA
    8 Charlene GUIGNARD / Marco FABBRI
    RD: The Hollywood Wiz and Reel Love by Cirque du Soleil from "Paramour" soundtrack
    FD: "Space Oddity" cover version; "Life on Mars?" by Lukas Nelson and the Promise of the Real
    ITA
    9 Jasmine TESSARI / Francesco FIORETTI
    RD: Singing in the Rain
    FD: "Lullaby of the Leaves" and "I'!! Take Care of You" by Beth Hart and Joe Bonamassa
    ITA
    10 Allison REED / Saulius AMBRULEVICIUS
    RD: Bandstand soundtrack: "Love Will Come and Find Me Again;" and "You Deserve It"
    FD: Songs by Aurora, including Churchyard, It Happened Quiet and Soft Universe
    LTU
    11 Ekaterina MIRONOVA / Evgenii USTENKO
    RD: I Can Do That, and One from the Chorus Line soundtrack
    FD: W.E. soundtrack
    RUS
    12 Anastasia SHPILEVAYA / Grigory SMIRNOV
    RD: Grease soundtrack; choreo by Alena Samarskaia
    FD: How to Steal a Diamond (soundtrack); choreo by Alena Samarskaia
    RUS
    13 Alexandra NAZAROVA / Maxim NIKITIN
    RD: Quickstep: Overture (from "42nd Street" musical soundtrack) by Harry Warren, Al Dupin; Blues: Overture (from "42nd Street" musical soundtrack) by Harry Warren, Al Dupin; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
    FD: Prima Donna by Rene Aubry; Apres la Pluie by Rene Aubry; Steppe by Rene Aubry; choreo by Sergei Petukhov
    UKR
    14 Caroline GREEN / Michael PARSONS
    RD: “Screw Loose” and “Baby Baby Baby Baby Baby (Baby Baby)” from Cry-Baby the musical; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
    FD: “Conquest of Spaces” and “I Love You” by Woodkid; choreo by Elena Novak, Alexei Kiliakov
    USA

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    So both US teams at U.S. International Classic have the same RD music
    For the 2nd year in a row. Last year Hubbell & Donohue and Carreira & Ponomarenko both had Maria de Buenos Aires. I'm getting a kick out of how Montreal and Chock & Bates have selected pieces two years in a row that they could have gotten straight from Igor. (Last year it was Elvis). It's ironic as I always think that one of the major issues with Shpilband is that you get a lot of overused/reused stuff. This season, though, probably a coincidence as I am not recalling any particularly well-received versions of Too Darn Hot in the past. Still funny though.

1 Not allowed!
    Cheng PENG / Yang JIN CHN
    SP: Alegria by Cirque du Soleil; you should see me in a crown by Billie Eilish
    FS: Cloud Atlas soundtrack

They just won the Chinese National Cup.

Their SP:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Hu5-vMGcyU
    Their FS:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM-utURsU3I
    This is not part of their program. It was playing in the background as they started the replays.

Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 44445464748495051525354