Long live the Queen and her successors Ichatdelune's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rabidline View Post
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    SP: Otonal by Raul di Blasio
    FS: Origin ("Art on Ice") by Edvin Marton
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm

*) 2018/2019 SP and FS Music
    I was half expecting this ever since the leak that he was keeping Origin came out, but since I love his Otonal I don't really mind. Besides, aren't we all used to Yuzuru keeping his programs now

Here for the High Lord of Extra TallyT's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichatdelune View Post
    I was half expecting this ever since the leak that he was keeping Origin, but since I love his Otonal I don't really mind it. Besides, aren't we all used to Yuzuru keeping his programs now
    He only skated Otonal three times in competition before his injury, and Origin only twice... and each four times in all. I really do believe he feels he has unfinished business with both before he is satisfied. What I want to see is the costumes, because I honestly don't think even he can improve on that gorgeous black Origin one.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyT View Post
    He only skated Otonal three times in competition before his injury, and Origin only twice... and each four times in all. I really do believe he feels he has unfinished business with both before he is satisfied. What I want to see is the costumes, because I honestly don't think even he can improve on that gorgeous black Origin one.
    Good point there, and as a rabid fan of his blue sparkly, frilly shirt I have no idea whether it needs improvement or not. I mean, even more sparkles would be over the top, but less sparkles is not what Yuzuru does

5 Not allowed!
    Junhwan Cha
    SP: "Michelangelo 70" and "La Muerte del Angel" by Astor Piazzolla
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054719.htm

*) Previously reported as Selections of Piazzolla Tango

4 Not allowed!
    Junhwan Cha
    SP: "Michelangelo 70" and "La Muerte del Angel" by Astor Piazzolla
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00054719.htm

*) Previously reported as Selections of Piazzolla Tango
    No Oblivion or Libertango!!!! Thank you David

Tripping on the Podium

3 Not allowed!
    Yuzuru Hanyu
    SP: Otonal by Raul di Blasio
    FS: Origin ("Art on Ice") by Edvin Marton
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00010967.htm

*) 2018/2019 SP and FS Music
    I knew it was coming and yet I’m still disappointed...can isu put a ban on repeats please lol otonal already broke world records, what’s left to do with it? And I know this would probably be considered hate speech by fanyus but Origin is dated and kind of old fashioned to me..I mean I still enjoy it but was really hoping to see something new and modern from Yuzu ugh I guess there’s always next season

1 Not allowed!
    Marjorie Lajoie & Zachary Lagha
    FD: "Bohemian Rhapsody" by Queen

https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/stat...83643080613889

0 Not allowed!
    Good point there, and as a rabid fan of his blue sparkly, frilly shirt I have no idea whether it needs improvement or not. I mean, even more sparkles would be over the top, but less sparkles is not what Yuzuru does
    The lady with the Yuzu-shaped cookie batches spoke to Ghislain and it sounds like new or at least altered costumes... hit the mute or cover your ears when he takes off his jacket

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by evasorange View Post
    I knew it was coming and yet I’m still disappointed...can isu put a ban on repeats please lol otonal already broke world records, what’s left to do with it? And I know this would probably be considered hate speech by fanyus but Origin is dated and kind of old fashioned to me..I mean I still enjoy it but was really hoping to see something new and modern from Yuzu ugh I guess there’s always next season
    lol you're allowed to have an opinion

1 Not allowed!
    There's a tweet just posted, we were right, he doesn't consider either of them perfected and he still has regrets. https://twitter.com/BlueFlame4YUZU/s...41559502258176

I mean, what's a world record if he's not satisfied?

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    I knew it was coming and yet I’m still disappointed...can isu put a ban on repeats please lol otonal already broke world records, what’s left to do with it?
    I think he wants perfection at Worlds. Maybe the GPF too, seeing as he missed that last year (please stay healthy, Yuzuru!)

Outdated Old Dinosaur

3 Not allowed!
    I was half expecting this ever since the leak that he was keeping Origin came out, but since I love his Otonal I don't really mind. Besides, aren't we all used to Yuzuru keeping his programs now
    Both programs?

No, I'm sorry. If this were any other skater in the world, we'd be rolling our eyes at the lack of new material.

True, he's not just any other skater... but I'm disinterested in reading a lot of excuse-making as to why he's doing it.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Both programs?

No, I'm sorry. If this were any other skater in the world, we'd be rolling our eyes at the lack of new material.

True, he's not just any other skater... but I'm disinterested in reading a lot of excuse-making as to why he's doing it.
    Feel free to roll. but the simple fact is that in his 10th year in the senior circuit, pretty much all of it at the absolute top that can be achieved, he owes us nothing. Not even reasons. Hell, not even programs - or competing - at all....

Outdated Old Dinosaur

0 Not allowed!
    Feel free to roll. but the simple fact is that in his 10th year in the senior circuit, pretty much all of it at the absolute top that can be achieved, he owes us nothing. Not even reasons. Hell, not even programs - or competing - at all....
    No skater, not even a first year junior, owes us anything.

That doesn't mean we can't, and shouldn't, expect it.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    No skater, not even a first year junior, owes us anything.

That doesn't mean we can't, and shouldn't, expect it.
    Doesn't mean that we can't... agree. Shouldn't is just plain over entitlement.

Keeper of the Pull Arabians labgoat's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    I'm so in lovewith Uncle Sergei's SP that I'm going to wait for another time to watch the FS!

I can't get over it. Sergei skates every beat of the music, even timing crossovers and spins to the decided swing of the singing. His 3Lutz doesn't just end on the right note, it lifts and rotates to the notes. All the way through to the twizzles near the end. I am completely charmed.
    I like Sergei very much. His skating is always interesting and inspired. I don't know why he is not more valued as a solid, reliable skater. Russia might have had more spots if he was considered more seriously.

Outdated Old Dinosaur

6 Not allowed!
    Doesn't mean that we can't... agree. Shouldn't is just plain over entitlement.
    We can amiably disagree on the over entitlement aspect.

But I am profoundly disappointed not to see new material in either program from such a legendary skater.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    I wonder if this is the hill many people decide to die on when Yuzuru recycles and not when . . . Adam Rippon, Karen Chen, etc etc decide to

Outdated Old Dinosaur

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by tokoyami View Post
    I wonder if this is the hill many people decide to die on when Yuzuru recycles and not when . . . Adam Rippon, Karen Chen, etc etc decide to
    I'm not dying on any hill. I dislike it when ANY skater does this. I'm consistent.

One recycled program is only moderately more tolerable, I suppose. But both? Nah...

Page 52 of 54 FirstFirst ... 242434445464748495051525354 LastLast