2019-2020 Programs by Discipline | Page 48 | Golden Skate

2019-2020 Programs by Discipline

Lachinka

Spectator
So Moulin Rouge appears to be this year's winner... Lets take a shot for every MR and we'll get destroyed at the end of the first day....

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Piper has started posting clues about Gilles/Poirier's programs this year, beginning with this image. So...ferris wheel, clouds, moonlight...?

Also, one of the programs features additional music specially recorded by a Macedonian symphony orchestra.

Ferris wheel could hint choosing 'Carousel' as a RD theme, I am not in knowledge though if the music is suitable for Finnstep...

As for FD...my first thought was 'Clair de lune' too. However...the gut feeling was 'Dracula' or 'Interview with vampire'. Don't know why to be honest, literacy just does not suit PSquared, but there's a time for everything.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ferris wheel could hint choosing 'Carousel' as a RD theme, I am not in knowledge though if the music is suitable for Finnstep...

The minute I saw the Ferris wheel I thought "Third Man!!!!" Of course not, but a girl can dream, don't mind me... :scard8:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kerry/Dodds just posted a sneak peek of their FD on Facebook - music seems to be Love is a B****.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
I am guessing Joanie Mitchell’s “Both Sides Now” also known as “clouds”.

In Piper and Paul's FF Tex also suggested this music option:

Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

LaArdilla

Medalist
In Piper and Paul's FF Tex also suggested this music option:

Well, my guess is they are going with an iconic Canadian born singer: Joni Mitchell. The soprano sax is on her song “Moon at the Window” and the second clue fits some lyrics “Moons and Junes and Ferris Wheels” in the song “Both Sides Now.”

I like that! Please, anything but Clair de Lune! Lovely piece of music on its own but for some reason I hate it in ice skating!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron
RD: Fame. Choreography by Romain Haguenauer.

No mention of specific songs yet, but if they don't use the title track there's no point, is there?

And yes, the film counts as a musical, but even if there were quibbles on that front, there's the stage musical version to work with as well.

Thanks to Gris at FSU for the info!

ManiDani

Rinkside
Fame is a really fun choice. I doubt you can do a Fame RD without including the title track, but it is not my favorite song in the movie. I hope they find a way to incorporate either Hot Lunch or Red Light in the program to go along with it.

I am also excited for Nicole and Matteo’s Beyoncé short program. I wonder if they will include the rap part of the song.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Gabriella Papadakis/Guillaume Cizeron
RD: Fame. Choreography by Romain Haguenauer.

No mention of specific songs yet, but if they don't use the title track there's no point, is there?

And yes, the film counts as a musical, but even if there were quibbles on that front, there's the stage musical version to work with as well.

Thanks to Gris at FSU for the info!

First thing I thought of! Although I don't think they went to get Chris Dean choreo this summer? Do PapCiz even know this program exists? :biggrin: