Thread: 2019 Autumn Classic ticket info

1 Not allowed!

2019 Autumn Classic ticket info

OTTAWA, ON: Skate Canada has announced that it will host the 2019 Autumn Classic International in Oakville, Ont. The sixth edition of the event will take place September 12-14, 2019 at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex.

The senior international figure skating competition has previously been a stop on the International Skating Union’s (ISU) Challenger Series in 2014, 2016 and 2017. The ISU has included this event in the 2019-2020 Challenger Series. Events for men, women, pairs and ice dance will feature some of the top skaters in the world.

“Skate Canada is excited to be heading back to Oakville and to Sixteen Mile Sports Complex for the 2019 Autumn Classic International,” said Debra Armstrong, CEO, Skate Canada. “This event always showcases world-class skaters and we are thrilled to be bringing them back to such a welcoming town.”

“Oakville is proud to welcome back some of the world’s top figure skaters and I know that we are all looking forward to watching them compete at Sixteen Mile Sports Complex,” said Mayor Rob Burton. “I also want to invite all of the competitors and spectators to explore our town’s shops and restaurants, and all the best of what Oakville has to offer.”

Tickets will go on-sale in June and further details will be available at skatecanada.ca.

0 Not allowed!
    Thank you for the info!

For anyone that went last year, how was local transportation? Is there a bus line nearby or available cabs? There don't seem to be a plethora of hotels too close by, so this is why I ask

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by satine View Post
    Thank you for the info!

For anyone that went last year, how was local transportation? Is there a bus line nearby or available cabs? There don't seem to be a plethora of hotels too close by, so this is why I ask
    disclaimer: I've never actually taken transit in Oakville, but I've taken transit in nearby areas and generally all transit systems work the same.

According to google maps, there is a bus line very close to the arena. Cash fare is $4. Buses come every half hour throughout most of the day and every hour otherwise. You can find the exact schedules online.
    Taxi stands or free taxis driving around the street are generally quite uncommon (with the exception of major transit terminals and airports), but they can always be called. Usually, the front desk of hotels is willing to call you a taxi if you ask.

0 Not allowed!
    OTTAWA,ON: Tickets for the 2019 Autumn Classic International will go on sale to the general public on Friday June 14, 2019 at 10 a.m. (ET). The sixth edition of this event will take place from September 12 - 14, 2019, at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex in Oakville, Ont.

All-even ttickets are priced at $103.60 ($100 ticket + $3.60 online fee) and day passes are priced as follows: Thursday $31.50 ($30 ticket + $1.50 online fee), Friday$36.65 ($35 ticket + $1.65 online fee) and Saturday $36.65 ($35 ticket + $1.65 online fee). Tickets include entry to view practices on the date(s) of each ticket. All tickets are subject to applicable taxes and service fees. Tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite.ca in advance and online only.

Please note that seating is general admission and not reserved. Seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ticket quantities are limited, and all tickets are final sale.

The 2019 Autumn Classic International will feature senior events in men, women and ice dance. The event will host approximately 50 entries from over 15 countries.The senior international figure skating competition is one of 10 events that will form the International Skating Union’s (ISU) Challenger Series. Athletes will have the opportunity to earn world standing points through the series.Competitors are eligible to participate in up to three Challenger Series events.

The 2019 entries will be announced after the close of entries in late August.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by gsk8 View Post
    OTTAWA,ON: Tickets for the 2019 Autumn Classic International will go on sale to the general public on Friday June 14, 2019 at 10 a.m. (ET). The sixth edition of this event will take place from September 12 - 14, 2019, at the Sixteen Mile Sports Complex in Oakville, Ont.

All-even ttickets are priced at $103.60 ($100 ticket + $3.60 online fee) and day passes are priced as follows: Thursday $31.50 ($30 ticket + $1.50 online fee), Friday$36.65 ($35 ticket + $1.65 online fee) and Saturday $36.65 ($35 ticket + $1.65 online fee). Tickets include entry to view practices on the date(s) of each ticket. All tickets are subject to applicable taxes and service fees. Tickets can be purchased at Eventbrite.ca in advance and online only.

Please note that seating is general admission and not reserved. Seats are on a first-come, first-serve basis. Ticket quantities are limited, and all tickets are final sale.

The 2019 Autumn Classic International will feature senior events in men, women and ice dance. The event will host approximately 50 entries from over 15 countries.The senior international figure skating competition is one of 10 events that will form the International Skating Union’s (ISU) Challenger Series. Athletes will have the opportunity to earn world standing points through the series.Competitors are eligible to participate in up to three Challenger Series events.

The 2019 entries will be announced after the close of entries in late August.
    There is a presale on June 13th. Details below

EXCLUSIVE PRESALE FOR SKATE CANADA FANS

June 13, 2019 at 10 am ET – 10 pm ET

EVENTBRITE.CA

CODE: FANS

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by satine View Post
    Thank you for the info!

I went last year and rented a car. Although I think public transport is available, I heard it was not the most convenient.

For anyone interested in going: I’d suggest trying to buy your tix as soon as sale starts. Just a heads up if you want to see men: last year men’s SP was Fri and FS was Sat and those day passes sold out super fast once all events were gone. There’s no real difference in terms of privileges - you can still watch practices with the day pass.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    For those of you who attended this event previously, where is a good spot to sit? Also, I understand that this event is first come-first serve ... how early should I arrive to the arena to secure good seats?

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAxel View Post
    For those of you who attended this event previously, where is a good spot to sit? Also, I understand that this event is first come-first serve ... how early should I arrive to the arena to secure good seats?
    It’s a smallish rink so there really aren’t any bad seats IMO. I personally prefer sitting up a bit higher because I like seeing choreo patterns. If you like sitting down front, be forewarned there’s hockey glass. If you are able to go to practices, I’d suggest you scope it out then.

As to how soon to get there, it depends. If Yuzu is there - as he was last year - people will probably queue at least an hour before the gates open and some of them will probably camp out overnight. I didn’t do that - men’s is my favorite discipline but even so, I think I probably got there when the doors opened or later - and I never had a problem getting a decent seat. The only thing that’s kind of annoying is that people who were only interested in certain skaters would go in first thing, drape their clothes or banners all over the seats they wanted, and then leave for hours. So the rink was fairly empty at times even though it was supposedly sold out, which was too bad for some of the not so famous skaters.

It was actually a really nice event overall, though - good skating, and very well organized, relaxed, and low key. It was very cold inside, though, so wear lots of layers. I think you can bring food and drink in - they had a concession stand but lines were really long if I recall. Also if you don’t live in the area (I don’t) make sure to check the weather in advance. I think it was cool and rainy (something to bear in mind if you plan to queue). Side note: they had the fanciest porta-potties I’ve ever seen - totally on another level.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavi... View Post
    It’s a smallish rink so there really aren’t any bad seats IMO. I personally prefer sitting up a bit higher because I like seeing choreo patterns. If you like sitting down front, be forewarned there’s hockey glass. If you are able to go to practices, I’d suggest you scope it out then.

As to how soon to get there, it depends. If Yuzu is there - as he was last year - people will probably queue at least an hour before the gates open and some of them will probably camp out overnight. I didn’t do that - men’s is my favorite discipline but even so, I think I probably got there when the doors opened or later - and I never had a problem getting a decent seat. The only thing that’s kind of annoying is that people who were only interested in certain skaters would go in first thing, drape their clothes or banners all over the seats they wanted, and then leave for hours. So the rink was fairly empty at times even though it was supposedly sold out, which was too bad for some of the not so famous skaters.

It was actually a really nice event overall, though - good skating, and very well organized, relaxed, and low key. It was very cold inside, though, so wear lots of layers. I think you can bring food and drink in - they had a concession stand but lines were really long if I recall. Also if you don’t live in the area (I don’t) make sure to check the weather in advance. I think it was cool and rainy (something to bear in mind if you plan to queue). Side note: they had the fanciest porta-potties I’ve ever seen - totally on another level.
    Thank you so much for your detailed response! I will make sure to bring some snacks and water, in addition to a thick sweater. This will be my first time in California and I am looking forward to this event. Hope I will be able to check out Toronto as well.