Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: Skate America, Cup of China
    Sofia Samodurova: Cup of China, NHK Trophy
    Stanislava Konstantinova: Skate America, Rostelecom Cup
    Anna Shcherbakova: Skate America, Cup of China
    Alexandra Trusova: Skate Canada, Rostelecom Cup
    Alena Kostornaya: Internationaux de France, NHK Trophy
    Serafima Sakhanovich: Skate Canada
    Maria Sotskova: Internationaux de France

*Anastasia Gubanova and Anna Tarusina have a chance to get added to a GP in case of any withdrawal by a Russian lady, provided they do not skate on the JGP. Similarly, Sakhanovich and Sotskova can get added to a second GP in case of any withdrawal by a Russian lady other than themselves.*

Skaters by GP assignments
    Skate America: Anna Shcherbakova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Stanislava Konstantinova
    Skate Canada: Alexandra Trusova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Serafima Sakhanovich
    Internationaux de France: Alena Kostornaya, Alina Zagitova, Maria Sotskova
    Cup of China: Anna Shcherbakova, Elizaveta Tuktamysheva, Sofia Samodurova
    Rostelecom Cup: Alexandra Trusova, Evgenia Medvedeva, Stanislava Konstantinova
    NHK Trophy: Alena Kostornaya, Alina Zagitova, Sofia Samodurova

JGP Assignments and Results:
    JGP Courchevel: Valieva, Kromykh
    JGP Lake Placid: Sinitsyna, Tarakanova
    JGP Riga: Usacheva, Kanysheva
    JGP Chelyabinsk: Valieva, Tarusina, Vasilieva

Challenger Series Assignments and Results:
    Autumn Classic International: Medvedeva
    Lombardia Trophy: Shcherbakova, Tuktamysheva, Samodurova

Medal Counts:
    Gold: 3
    Silver: 4
    Bronze: 3

Intrigues:
    1. New Eteri skaters: Alena Kanysheva (Kulikova is now with Davydov)
    2. Debut of Eteri stars: Alexandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova, and Alena Kostornaya
    3. Ladies who will make nationals: who will make it through the bloodbath? (see below for qualified skaters)
    4. Quad squad (cr: Eteri):
    - Alexandra Trusova: 4Lz, 4T, 4S, 4F
    - Anna Shcherbakova: 4Lz, 4F, 4T
    - Sofia Akatieva: 4T
    - Kamila Valieva: 4T
    - Alena Kanysheva: 4T
    - Elizaveta Berestovskaya: 4S (<<)
    - Anastasia Tarakanova: 4Lo, 4T (<<)
    - Alina Zagitova: 4F (harness)
    - Daria Usacheva: 4?? (harness)
    - (Elizabet Tursynbaeva: 4S)

- Sofia Akatieva: 3A
    - Elizaveta Tuktamysheva: 3A
    - Alena Kostornaya: 3A

Skaters qualified to Russian Nationals
    Via senior GP assignments:
    1. Alina Zagitova
    2. Evgenia Medvedeva
    3. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    4. Sofia Samodurova
    5. Stanislava Konstantinova
    6. Alexandra Trusova
    7. Anna Shcherbakova
    8. Alena Kostornaya
    9. Serafima Sakhanovich
    10. Maria Sotskova
    Via qualifying to the JGPF AND being at least 14 years old:
    Via the Russian Cup series (remaining spots):

Country Switches
    - Ekaterina Kurakova to Poland (began last season, age-eligible for senior and junior events)
    - Anastasia Shabotova to Ukraine (awaiting more confirmation, JGP eligible this season)
    - Viktoria Safonova to Belarus

2019-2020 Russian National Team
    https://www.minsport.gov.ru/2019/doc...20ot290519.pdf
    (from moriel)
    All people in all teams:

Main, Seniors
    Zagitova, Kostornaia, Medvedeva, Samodurova, Trusova, Tuktamysheva, Shcherbakova

Main, Juniors
    Valieva, Vasilieva, Kanysheva, Sinitsina, Tarakanova, Tarusina

Main, Girls (10-15)
    Akatieva, Usacheva, Khromykh

Reserve, Seniors
    Gubanova, Konstantinova

Reserve, Juniors
    Frolova

Reserve, Girls
    Zhilina, Samodelkina

Coaching Changes
    Anastasia Gubanova: Buyanova --> Rukavitsin
    Elizaveta Nugumanova: Turenko --> Rukavitsin
    Anastasia Tarakanova: Plushenko --> Panova

Retirements
    Polina Tsurskaya (May 31, 2019)

Alyona Kostornaya - skating off into the unknown.. Edwin's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
    Enough going on to keep us occupied during the lead up to actual season start :-)

No summer break from following Russian skating developments for many of us either ;-)

I am most interested in how the Khrustalniy Awesome Aces will fare in their first senior season, will the 3A debut with 3A's in the SP?
    And will the fresh Khrustalniy juniors have the same ground shaking impact on progress in female figure skating?

I wouldn't be surprised if the strongest juniors will debut with quads, to keep Khrustalniy in the lead over the rest of the world.
    Triple Axel's and Quads that will have to be prepared silently over the summer, so little rest for the girls and training staff and only a family vacation break.
    Khrustalniy has the structure in place, is capable, confident and determined, so only needs to keep the production line rolling ...

I expect complete 'radio silence' from Khrustalniy, nobody spilling any secrets or feeding the gossip mill.

Bona Fide Member

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    More to come later

Skaters guaranteed GP spots (pending submission):

2 spots: Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, and Sofia Samodurova
    1 spot but likely to get 2: Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaya, Anna Shcherbakova, and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    1 spot - unlikely to get 2 but anything's possible: Anna Tarusina, Anastasia Gubanova, Serafima Sakhanovich, Stanislava Konstantinova, and Maria Sotskova

Skaters likely to get JGP spots:
    2 spots: Kamila Valieva, Maya Kromykh, Alena Kanysheva, Ksenia Sinitsyna, Anastasia Tarakanova, Viktoria Vasilieva, and Daria Usacheva
    1 spot: Viktoria Safonova, Anna Frolova

Intrigues:
    1. New Eteri skaters: Alena Kanysheva and Ksenia Chistyakova
    2. Debut of Eteri stars: Alexandra Trusova, Anna Shcherbakova, and Alena Kostornaya
    3. Ladies who will make senior GP debut: Who will get GP spots? Anna Tarusina and Anastasia Gubanova are the likely candidates
    4. Ladies who will make nationals: who will make it through the bloodbath?
    5. Quadsters: we've seen a quad from Sofia Akatieva in training and Elizaveta Berestovskaya has tried it before in competition. Who else will debut? Tarakanova is training a 4Lo, Zagitova and Trusova are training 4Fs, etc.
    You did it again SFM! hopefully this Russian ladies thread will be a little less contentious than the last one was. But with 3A joining the senior ranks it could get crazier!

On the Ice

11 Not allowed!
    You're the best Spirals!

8 Not allowed!
    I've said goodbye to the old thread just to say hello to this one. It's like in Charles Dickens novel with the ghost of the last and future season

Tripping on the Podium

9 Not allowed!
    New thread new season!! Can’t wait for the GP assignments to come out

On the Ice

6 Not allowed!
    I am wondering what will happen with Leonova, Guliakova, Tsurskaya, Panenkova next year. They are out of GP spots - will they qualify for Nationals?

And will we ever see Fedichkina, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Mikhailova, Istomina, Gracheva, Talalaikina, Nugumanova again?

And what about Sakhanovich, Gubanova, Tarusina, Konstantinova, Sotskova and GP spots? They can all be in - or out.

It is going to be an exciting season.

Tripping on the Podium vesperalvioletta's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontor View Post
    I am wondering what will happen with Leonova, Guliakova, Tsurskaya, Panenkova next year. They are out of GP spots - will they qualify for Nationals?

And will we ever see Fedichkina, Radionova, Pogorilaya, Mikhailova, Istomina, Gracheva, Talalaikina, Nugumanova again?

And what about Sakhanovich, Gubanova, Tarusina, Konstantinova, Sotskova and GP spots? They can all be in - or out.

It is going to be an exciting season.
    If I recall correctly, Pogorilaya is officially retired now.

6 Not allowed!
    ok. We got a new Russian ladies thread - the new season is officially started.

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good” Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

11 Not allowed!
    When are the Test Skates

Bona Fide Member

8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post

Skaters guaranteed GP spots (pending submission):

2 spots: Alina Zagitova, Evgenia Medvedeva, and Sofia Samodurova
    1 spot but likely to get 2: Alexandra Trusova, Alena Kostornaya, Anna Shcherbakova, and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
    It's insane how many national, European, world, and Olympic titles this group has at the junior and senior levels.

0 Not allowed!
    I wonder what Eteri's plans for Chistyakova are? She's old enough for JGP but doesn't seem in line to get one. Maybe she'll try to have her pull a Kostornaya and earn one last minute. Then she'd be able to have 5 girls on the GP and on the JGP, wow.

JULLLIEEEEETTTT! Step Sequence4's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    And so it begins...

Hoping for some new (good!) surprises this year

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Step Sequence4 View Post
    And so it begins...

Hoping for some new (good!) surprises this year
    Yes, I am wondering who will be the new Samodurova that surprises us all with a great season...

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    It's insane how many national, European, world, and Olympic titles this group has at the junior and senior levels.
    Only two.
    Only Olympics Gold medal makes sense in Russia. Other titles and medals usually known to sport related officials.

5 Not allowed!
    Had to get in early!
    Only 133 days ( ) until JGP France!

On the Ice laybackrelaxspinfast's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    This might have been answered in the last thread, but is there a reason Anastasia Tarakanova is not moving up to senior? She has the potential to make quite an entrance and a name for herself. Sure she might not have a first senior season of medals due to the current talent pool, but she is more than capable of pushing Mishin’s girls out of the conversation. No offence intended, I enjoy them, I just don’t think they are even close to measuring up to some of the girls who are staying in juniors despite being age eligible for seniors.

On the Ice

10 Not allowed!
    The most ridiculous and sad thing about it all is the fact that if all ladies with guaranteed GP spots get one (12 ladies) and juniors repeat the success of previous years on JGP earning 5 spots in the final (and they are very much capable of doing that), only 1 or 2 spots (out of 18) will be left free for Russian nationals to get via Russian cup events. That is absolutely not enough. The chances of skaters not on GP/in JGP final to get to Russian nationals are practically nonexistent.
    My biggest wish for next season is that a miracle happens and RusFed increases the number of entries in ladies to 24 (and in Pairs to 16).
    Well, one can dream

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by laybackrelaxspinfast View Post
    This might have been answered in the last thread, but is there a reason Anastasia Tarakanova is not moving up to senior? She has the potential to make quite an entrance and a name for herself. Sure she might not have a first senior season of medals due to the current talent pool, but she is more than capable of pushing Mishin’s girls out of the conversation. No offence intended, I enjoy them, I just don’t think they are even close to measuring up to some of the girls who are staying in juniors despite being age eligible for seniors.
    Sadly, her SB is a bit shy of being in the top 24 meaning she won’t get senior GP assignments, and she herself has said she is staying in juniors. However, I’m sure (at least I think) we will see her in at least one senior challenger event in addition to the junior Grand Prix, and in senior events domestically. So, although she won’t be in the senior GP, we’ll be seeing her in plenty of events, which is a silver lining. But I totally agree that she deserves to be seen in seniors (and if she were from any other country, even including Japan, she would get to).

On the Ice laybackrelaxspinfast's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Skates View Post
    Sadly, her SB is a bit shy of being in the top 24 meaning she won’t get senior GP assignments, and she herself has said she is staying in juniors. However, I’m sure (at least I think) we will see her in at least one senior challenger event in addition to the junior Grand Prix, and in senior events domestically. So, although she won’t be in the senior GP, we’ll be seeing her in plenty of events, which is a silver lining. But I totally agree that she deserves to be seen in seniors (and if she were from any other country, even including Japan, she would get to).
    That is such a shame! It’s frustrating as well, because had she not made the coaching change, the first half of her season may have gone a bit smoother (due to no changes to technique etc), and she might have managed a higher sb. Oah well, fingers crossed that all goes well and we can see her move up to seniors the following season.

Page 1 of 432 123456789101151101 ... LastLast