2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 540 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

katymay

Medalist
With Anna and Aleksandra now out in competitions all over the world, and many more very young skaters to come, with Alyona back home being debriefed this incident will be evaluated. No doubt FFKKR and Khrustalniy will given appropriate directives or even orders or take measures to prevent this from happening again.
Even if it means restraining their skaters from unsupervised, unguarded mass audience interaction: safety first.
Too much is at stake to risk even the smallest scratch, the smallest puff of some substance, a push or pull or contact with unsavoury audience coughing in their faces.

No problem with children approaching these young skaters, adults should hand over their gifts to some trainer or ask for attention first.

At the Russian test event there was huge security-barriers, officers etc. (Remember when they left the arena to get on the bus?)

qwerty1195

On the Ice
oh yeah the 49 TES, right?
I mean, we all know Medvedeva is overscored, but so is Konstantinova domestically. And while rusfed obviously has to report on the project, I am not at all confident in their abilities of pushing another russian cup final this year.

You should change that to “I”, hun. Don’t collectively speak for everyone :)

Grin

Medalist
Btw, I just realized that Shanghai trophy was the first Evgenia victory after she left Eteri.
:scratch2:

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
It seems so odd that the current European champion who didn't have the greatest worlds and came in 8th - her first worlds is not even really much of a consideration this year in Russia. I hope Sofia can find joy i simply skating - I assume she is behind the 3A's; Zagitova, Liza and Evgenia - the latter two many have given up on it seems. I am sure someone has said something but what is Alena Leonova doing? Last year she had a Grand Prix event what about this year? I don't see her anywhere.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
It seems so odd that the current European champion who didn't have the greatest worlds and came in 8th - her first worlds is not even really much of a consideration this year in Russia. I hope Sofia can find joy i simply skating - I assume she is behind the 3A's; Zagitova, Liza and Evgenia - the latter two many have given up on it seems. I am sure someone has said something but what is Alena Leonova doing? Last year she had a Grand Prix event what about this year? I don't see her anywhere.

Leonova will only get a GP assignment this year if at least three other Russians withdraw. Even then it's not certain.
She competed at the Saint Petersburg Cup event a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember her placement, I think she scored 170 something?
There is still a chance she might get a spot at the last Challenger - Golden Spin.

There was a wonderful interview with her posted in this thread a while back. Maybe 40-50 pages back?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Leonova will only get a GP assignment this year if at least three other Russians withdraw. Even then it's not certain.
She competed at the Saint Petersburg Cup event a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember her placement, I think she scored 170 something?
There is still a chance she might get a spot at the last Challenger - Golden Spin.

There was a wonderful interview with her posted in this thread a while back. Maybe 40-50 pages back?

Thanks. 170 plus isn't very good for this level. It would be nice to see her compete one more time. it sounds like she definitely won't get a GP this year. She probably needed to kick some butt at the test skates to get COR and score over 200.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Any news on Samodurova who didn’t show up for the Sankt Peterburg tournament?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
OK, wait and see how she does there, and what shape she’s in atm, before her first GP start.

I believe in the short Perviy Kanal feature she told it was tough to get (back) in shape. But that was probably Open Test Skates footage, so old by now.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Ice Star Minsk results Junior Ladies Short Programme

1 Anastasiya Shabotova Ukr 58.73
2 Nina Petrokina Est 56
3 Olga Mikutina Ost 56
4 Kamila Sultanmagomedova RF 54
5 Angelina Chaplygina RF 52
6 Maria Levushkina Bulg 48
7 Mariia Seniuk IP 47
8 Viktoriia Iushchenkova IP 45
9 Mariia Mostenets RF 44
10 Nelli Ioffe IP 44

Freeskate programme starts tomorrow Thursday at 0930 local (GMT+3)

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
https://www.isu.org/isu-news/news/145-news/12726-isu-events-live-on-youtube?templateParam=15

Is this real? :eeking::yahoo:

According to this, ISU will livestream the senior GP on YouTube. We get to see all of the girls without trying all kinds of bad streams.
(I know I'm late to the party because it came out a few hours ago but this is some good news. :love: )

The catch is that they acknowledge there will be geoblocking, whether that will apply to the livestreaming (blocking you to watch it) or for the single uploads we shall see.

But that's definitely a good move on ISU behalf, i mean i randomly checked the Finlandia Trophy illegal stream on youtube and it had like 40-50k viewers which is a lot considering Kostornaya and Tutkamysheva were the only really big names there. (i'd say Daleman too)

klena

On the Ice

Leonova competed today at SPb Panin's Memorial tournament, she is 1st after SP, 68.57
SP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=iIDE-nkgmYQ

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Il'ya Averbukh: I can't teach Medvyedeva quadruple jumps

The first Grand Prix stage kicks off on Friday in Las Vegas. Olympic medalist, world champion, and now producer of ice shows talked about the possible layouts of the coming season.

Our best skaters in the Grand Prix series, as it were, are divided into three pairs - each with one experienced athlete and one younger. Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva and Anna Shcherbakova will compete at the stages in the USA and China, Aleksandra Trusova and Yevgeniya Medvyedeva will compete in Canada and Moscow, and Alina Zagitova and Alyona Kostornaya will perform at the stages in France and Japan.

- Let's start with the first pair. What can Medvedyeva oppose to the quadruple jumps of Sasha Trusova?
" Objectively, no one can oppose anything to Trusova's quads. The girl needs to skate to her own strength, fight with herself, squeeze the maximum out. What Trusova is now showing is an incredible level. If she skates cleanly, without errors, competing with her is very difficult. "

- Medvyedeva has her own advantages - experience, grace. Perhaps she does not need to chase difficult jumps?
" Well, how not to chase those jumps? It is clear that Zhenya’s second mark is slightly higher, but this advantage does not compensate for the first mark."

- But can Yevgeniya still make it to the finals? For this, it’s not necessary to take first places.
" Everyone will fight. It is necessary to look soberly at the current situation. Trusova, as I said, technically shows an exorbitant level. There is Anya Shcherbakova, who also owns quadruples. Alyona Kostornaya brilliantly performed, jumping a triple Axel. Alina Zagitova demonstrates a high level of skating. I think Medvedyeva needs to steadily skate out both short and free and complicate her program."

- You also had a hand in one of her programs.
" We worked on her short program, but I can’t teach her to jump. Although Zhenya is working on increasing difficulty, I saw it.

- Another duel: Yelizaveta Tuktamysheva with Anna Shcherbakova. What do you say here?
" Lisa is a great clever girl. She had different seasons, but for the second year in a row she performs very well. There will be a serious struggle in this pair. Shcherbakova has the more difficult jumps, but Lisa’s second mark is slightly higher, plus experience is on her side. It is very important to skate without errors."

- And the last couple: Alina Zagitova - Alyona Kostornaya. Both are pupils of Eteri Tutberidze. Both know each other very well, see each other every day in training.
" Kostornaya performed well. And Alina looked very good at the Open Test Skates. Both girls have a very decent second mark. This will be a serious confrontation. If both skate through cleanly, I would prefer Alina. She has become very mature recently.

- Last year in the Grand Prix finals there was a Russian-Japanese duel “three on three”. Could this happen again?
" Unlikely. It's great that experienced girls continue to skate for Russia, and young people have come on the scene. But there is a young, strong American Alisa Liu. Her second mark is still lagging behind, but in the future she may also compete.

the rest omitted
------