2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 387 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

voolfee

On the Ice
In my opinion, it is obvious to everyone - and Zhenya and all the adequate fans - that skaters with a quad or trixel will go to the next Olympics. So... no ultra-С element, no Olympic.

This isn't at all obvious to me. Alina can get very high scores without quad and 3A.

Deripashka

On the Ice
I think its obvious more than enough. Alina, despite I love her work and her personality, never competed against girls with quads, triple axels and almost never against girls with artistical level of Anna S. or Alyona and we all know how merciless this sport is. In time when next russian olympic team will be constructed, whole 3A will be experienced skaters in adult field + there will be young pikes like Kamila, Daria, Alena Kanisheva and God know who else. I dont think Alina and Zhenia will have serious chances to get into team without quads and triple axels. Maybe Alina, because she is like walking fountain of love and happiness and also shes in position of older sister to whole tutberidze "specnaz", will be in team in role of counselor/older sister (if she manage to keep her high level of performance), but not as competitor. And Zhenia...hmmm its second season she is behind top skaters and so far it doesnt look like there would be something changing about that.

DSQ

Record Breaker
Country
United-Kingdom
Lilbet, Liza and Rika have left the chat.

I think the poster means competed in nationally with a place on the World Team on the line. The exception being Liza of course.

I’m excited for this weekend with two CS competitions. I’m interested to see Medvedeva in Canada but especially Tuktamysheva and Shcherbakova. I have a feeling that it won’t be as obvious who will win as we think.

macy

Record Breaker
I'm going to get hate for that, but watching her and listening to her interviews I came to conlusion Evgenia understood at the test skates, she ain't got much shot at next Olympics, even less - winning them.

There had been full medvexit mayhem and some health problems at the previous test skates and Nats, but this time she was fully recovered, worshipped by fans in the arena, visibly calmer before and in the warm ups and then she got outclassed by 5(!) competitors for national team.
After the short she was hopeful and rationalizing the mistake, but after long she was genuinely confused and sad.

This is my honest observation, but I'm looking forward to tomorrow's Autumn Classic proving me wrong.

ice is slippery and many, many things can happen in the next 2.5 years. the quad girls could get injured, they could get burnt out, they could decide to retire before then. we have all seen many unexpected things happen in this sport that no one would have seen coming, and it's not over til it's over. We still don't know how the quadsters bodies will hold up all the way through puberty. a 13-15 year old body is very different from a 17-20 year old one. one could be here this season, gone the next. i see evgenia's reason for worry, but she might surprise herself. she is one of the grittiest and toughest skaters in this sport and, i think she will see the fruits of her labor one day.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Figure skater Valiyeva will compete in the stage in Chelyabinsk to qualify into the final of the Junior Grand Prix

Competitions are being held in the "Tractor" ice arena.

CHELYABINSK, September 12. / TASS /. The fourth stage of the season of the Junior Grand Prix in figure skating starts on Thursday in Chelyabinsk. The competition will be hosted bin the Tractor ice arena, which seats about 7.5 thousand spectators.

For Russia, the tournament in Chelyabinsk is of great importance. The junior national team dominates the international arena. In the finals of the Grand Prix series, athletes regularly appear in the top three winners in all disciplines, and in women's single skating they have no competitors. Russian skaters have won the final of the Junior Grand Prix over the past nine seasons.

At the same time, the International Skating Union (ISU) for a long time did not conduct the junior series in Russia. In 2016, the last time the competition was held in Saransk and supposedly ended in success for the Russian national team. Athletes managed to win gold medals in all disciplines. Alexander Samarin excelled in men's single skating, Polina Tsurskaya in women's skating, Anastasiya Mishina and Vladislav Mirzoyev in pair skating, Alla Loboda and Pavel Drozd in ice dancing.

In 2012, the final of the junior series was held in Sochi, at which the Russian team also won all the medals of the highest standard. Maxim Kovtun won in the boys, Yelena Radionova in the girls, Lina Fyodorova and Maxim Eroshkin in pairs, and Aleksandra Stepanova and Ivan Bukin in ice dancing.

The event organizers have prepared an extensive entertainment program for the audience. On September 12, a dance flash mob will be held at the ice arena venue, in which more than 500 people will take part. In addition, guests and residents of Chelyabinsk will be able to participate in contests and win valuable prizes.

Full house provided

The main interest of viewers is traditionally attracted to competitions in women's single skating. From Russia at the home stage will be 13-year-old pupil of Eteri Tutberidze Kamila Valiyeva, 14-year-old pupil of Svetlana Panova Kseniya Sinitsyna, as well as 15-year-old Viktoryia Vasil'yeva, engaged in the group of Sergey Davydov. The press service of the organizers of the tournament told TASS that currently about 90% of all tickets for the final day of the competition have already been sold. Its main characters will be the girls who will show their free programs.

It is expected that the main struggle for victory will unfold between Valiyeva and Sinitsyna. Both skaters have an excellent technical arsenal. In Valiyeva's favour speaks her main trump card - the quadruple Toeloop, which the young skater successfully completed in her free program at her debut Grand Prix stage in Courchevel. It was this difficult jump that brought her victory in the sum of two performances.

Sinitsyna, conducting her second season at the junior level, was supposed to perform at the stage in Lake Placid (August 29-31), but before the departure the athlete had problems with her documents. After that, the skater was included in the application for the stage in Chelyabinsk, where she was initially listed as reserve . Sinitsyna does not command quads, however, she has her own strengths. For example, the skater performs all of her cascades in the second half of the programs, receiving good bonus marks.

In men's singles skating Pyotr Gumennik (trainer - Veronika Daineko) will perform, Il'ya Yablokov (Viktoriya Butsayeva), as well as the ward of Yelena Buyanova Artur Danielyan, in ice dancing - Tamara Zhukova / Daniil Karpov, Yelizaveta Shanayeva / David Narizhniy and Diana Davis / Gleb Smolkin. The last two duets, due to good performances in the previous stages, can qualify for the Grand Prix Finals following the results of the tournament in Chelyabinsk, for this they need to be in the top three.

In pairs, Russia will be represented at home by Diana Mukhametzyanova / Ilya Mironov, Stanislava Vislobokova / Alexey Bryukhanov, Kseniya Akhant'yeva / Valery Kolesov. Hitting the podium guarantees Akhantieva and Kolesova access to the final of the series.

The tournament on September 12 will be opened by duets that will present rhythm dancing (11:15 Moscow time), then couples (14:15 Moscow time) and young men (17:00 Moscow time) will go on the ice. The next day, performances in women's single skating will begin (08:15 Moscow time), then pair skaters and young men will perform their free programs (12:50 Moscow time and 15:00 Moscow time). On September 14, dancers will present their free programs (08:45 Moscow time), and after those, the girls (12:00 Moscow time).

-----

Finley

Record Breaker
ice is slippery and many, many things can happen in the next 2.5 years. the quad girls could get injured, they could get burnt out, they could decide to retire before then. we have all seen many unexpected things happen in this sport that no one would have seen coming, and it's not over til it's over. We still don't know how the quadsters bodies will hold up all the way through puberty. a 13-15 year old body is very different from a 17-20 year old one. one could be here this season, gone the next. i see evgenia's reason for worry, but she might surprise herself. she is one of the grittiest and toughest skaters in this sport and, i think she will see the fruits of her labor one day.

This. The script is always changing.

Liza Tuk has the comeback for the ages - gets derailed by pneumonia.
Nathan Chen at the Olympics.
Patrick Chan at the Sochi Olympics! That gold medal was literally around his neck (Alina in Milan) and he took it off and gave it away. (Alina threw hers across the arena :( and the silver, and the bronze...)
Sofia S. is reigning Euro Champ and this season she is struggling with puberty. (It happens and she needs time.)
Javi literally jumping himself out of a bronze medal in Sochi. (Why??????)
Not one Japanese lady on the podium in Saitama? (How?)
Michelle Kwan didn't win Olympic Gold. (It's still too soon to talk about this.)

The only certainty is change and that we will probably be surprised by the outcome. Sometimes its heartbreaking. Sometimes its inspiring. This season I am trying to enjoy letting it unfold as it will and hope all the skaters stay healthy!

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
This. The script is always changing.

Liza Tuk has the comeback for the ages - gets derailed by pneumonia.
Nathan Chen at the Olympics.
Patrick Chan at the Sochi Olympics! That gold medal was literally around his neck (Alina in Milan) and he took it off and gave it away. (Alina threw hers across the arena :( and the silver, and the bronze...)
Sofia S. is reigning Euro Champ and this season she is struggling with puberty. (It happens and she needs time.)
Javi literally jumping himself out of a bronze medal in Sochi. (Why??????)
Not one Japanese lady on the podium in Saitama? (How?)
Michelle Kwan didn't win Olympic Gold. (It's still too soon to talk about this.)

The only certainty is change and that we will probably be surprised by the outcome. Sometimes its heartbreaking. Sometimes its inspiring. This season I am trying to enjoy letting it unfold as it will and hope all the skaters stay healthy!

And it's actually a beautiful thing. It's exciting in itself! Like watching the 3A last season. Anna bombs JGPF, 2 weeks later wins Russian Nationals.

Amei

Record Breaker
This isn't at all obvious to me. Alina can get very high scores without quad and 3A.

She doesn't need a high score without a quad or triple axel, she needs a score that beats a quad and/or triple axel. Look at this season - Shcherbakova has a 10 point technical advantage and Trusova has a 20 point advantage to Zagitova's current layout - unless those 2 have messy days (in Trusova's case really messy) and Zagitova is flawless I can't really see high GOEs for her overcoming that deficit.

Arbitrary

Medalist
She doesn't need a high score without a quad or triple axel, she needs a score that beats a quad and/or triple axel. Look at this season - Shcherbakova has a 10 point technical advantage and Trusova has a 20 point advantage to Zagitova's current layout - unless those 2 have messy days (in Trusova's case really messy) and Zagitova is flawless I can't really see high GOEs for her overcoming that deficit.
Trussova may easily end up to a half of Zagi's PCS.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Another Russian female mastered the quad. Will Lisa now defeat the pupils of Tutberidze?

CSKA prepared a girl who jumps no worse than the pupils of Tutberidze. Lisa Berestovskaya has already become famous. All that's missing are victories.

11 year old skaters jumping quads in training? About ten years ago, such a phrase could more likely be found in a science fiction novel than in real sports news. But during this time, the world of female figure skating has changed beyond recognition. Here and now this science fiction writers have never dreamed of is happening for real. And quadruples from little girls will no longer surprise anyone. Especially in training.

However, the case of Yelizaveta Berestovskaya is really special. Lisa never trained with Eteri Tutberidze. It turns out that quads are no longer the exclusive domain of the Tutberidze group.
And this is very good for figure skating.

Quad at 10 years

Yelizaveta Berestovskaya is training with Sergei Davydov at CSKA. In training, she managed a quadruple Toeloop. Yes, from a very long and slow approach, but it was clean and with a good landing. The video posted on the skater’s fan page shows how happy she is at the successful attempt.

Despite her young age, for Lisa this is not the first quadruple. She jumped a Toeloop with four revolutions in training last autumn, but the current attempt looks much more convincing.

Winning the show and the first fans

Berestovskaya cannot yet boast of serious sporting achievements. Last year, the 11 year old pupil of the Khrustalniy Skate school in Voronezh (not to be confused with Khrustalniy) became fourth at the Russian Championship among young children, and most recently stopped one step away from the podium at the Moscow Open Championship among Candidates for Master of Sports. Nevertheless, the promising girl is well known to figure skating fans. The popularity of Lisa came from participation in the show "Ice Age. Kids". The young athlete conquered the jury with charm and won among the girls.

Success in the television show helped Berestovskaya find a, so far not too numerous, but devoted group of fans. Fan pages of the skater are in all popular social networks. Lisa herself actively visits them and thanks the fans for their kind words. It is unlikely that there is another sport where 11 year old girls have their own fan movements even without any significant achievements, even among juniors. Of course, there is nothing wrong with the fact. If only such attention did not harm Lisa's mental state and did not give her the opportunity to feel like a star ahead of time.

No longer exclusive

The quadruple jump over the past couple of years has ceased to be something cosmic. But in Russia, this 'ultra-si' element is inextricably linked with the name Eteri Tutberidze. At least that was before Berestovskaya. Thanks to the quad, Aleksandra Trusova and Anna Shcherbakova beat adult rivals at the Russian championship. Thanks to the quad, Kazakhstan's representative Elisabet Tursynbayeva performed a quad Salchow at the World Championships. Quadruples were also captured by 13 year old Kamila Valiyeva and 11 year old Sof'ya Akat'yeva. And they all train in the Tutberidze group.

There is an exception, but there are few of them. 14 year old Yasmina Kadyrova, whose progress slowed down due to injuries, demonstrated in training a quad Salchow in a cascade with a triple Toeloop. However, Yasmina, even if not for long, trained in the Tutberidze group. Berestovskaya, however, has never been involved in Khrustalniy. And this completely breaks the notion that has developed in our mass consciousness.

It turns out that Tutberidze does not have a unique secret in preparing girls. It’s only now that other coaches came to understand that without quadruples their students will not be competitive. You can talk as much as you like about the dangers of difficult jumps for the body, but even without quadruples, young figure skaters experience tremendous loads and suffer hardships for a bright future in their sport. But this future will never arrive if your programs are obviously weaker than those of your competitors.

It seems that the ice has broken and the ice age will end soon.
-----
From: https://www.championat.com/other/ar...ula-chetvernoj--kto-ona-na-chto-sposobna.html

ruga

Final Flight
Trussova may easily end up to a half of Zagi's PCS.

She has already got 32/64 in junior comps. Don't see how it does not become at least 34/70, so less than 10 points away from perfect Zagitova. And remember, judges kind of forget previous reputation once a new star appears. Remember how Kihira got almost equal PCS to Zagitova at GPF. Or something even more memorable - Zagitova's PCS rise after turning senior and getting close to then unbeatable Medvedeva. The same is going to happen to the 3A. New senior PCS always rise by ~10-15 points in total provided thet they have equally good performances as in junior years.

Arbitrary

Medalist
PCS is a space for manipulations.

For a proper executed quad the GOE may be near zero, but hardly negative. But PCS in not a verification-limited mark.

The Russian Board used PCS regulation to put Trusova just so slightly behind Shcherbakova on RusNats to give each her well deserved place.

I don't see a method to verify PCS. Completely subjective marks.