2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 119 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I guess it would only be fair for Sostkova to get 1 GP, based on World Standings... but, since it's Russian Ladies we're talking about, I guess there's no guarantee.

Only 4 ladies (Zagitova, Medvedeva, Trusova and Scherbakova) are 100% guaranteed 2 spots based on their medals at senior and junior Worlds. That leaves 10 spots for the rest of the ladies.

Samodurova is guaranteed 2 from her placement at worlds. And technically Trusova and Shcherbakova aren't guaranteed 2 because of their JWorlds placements, but Lakernik said they would so thats a good confirmation. I'm sure that Zagitova, Medvedeva, Samodurova, Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya will all have 2 though, it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. Konstantinova and Gubanova look to also probably be getting at least one based on their national team reserve standing. The remaining two spots after that will either go to Konstantinova and Gubanova getting a second, or giving one to Tarusina or Sotskova (I don't see Sakhanovich being submitted).

neud

Match Penalty
Only 4 ladies (Zagitova, Medvedeva, Trusova and Scherbakova) are 100% guaranteed 2 spots based on their medals at senior and junior Worlds. That leaves 10 spots for the rest of the ladies.

You are wrong. 2 spots guaranteed only for WC top-12, i.e. Zag, Med, Sam.

Scott512

Record Breaker
For seniors: Zagitova, Tuktamysheva, Samodurova (second alternate Konstantinova, third alternate Medvedeva)
For juniors: Trusova, Kostornaia, Shcherbakova and the ones staying junior were Tarakanova and Kanysheva with Tarusina as first alternate

It is going to be even more competitive this coming season. Too many Russians and not enough spots. I can't wait to see where they all go.

Only 3 GPF. spots last year hoping for 5 this year. Maybe 6. Lol.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
lmao at this 'Sonya is just lucky' sentiment here:laugh::hslap: + She's incredibly musical

Scott512

Record Breaker
lmao at this 'Sonya is just lucky' sentiment here:laugh::hslap: + She's incredibly musical

Yes she is very musical and unbelievably consistent. In my eyes being consistent is a talent.

On a side note Sofia has a very beautiful voice in Russian or English. Maybe she can skate to her own music someday! :)

Lipea

Final Flight
Samodurova is guaranteed 2 from her placement at worlds. And technically Trusova and Shcherbakova aren't guaranteed 2 because of their JWorlds placements, but Lakernik said they would so thats a good confirmation. I'm sure that Zagitova, Medvedeva, Samodurova, Trusova, Shcherbakova, Kostornaya will all have 2 though, it just wouldn't make sense otherwise. Konstantinova and Gubanova look to also probably be getting at least one based on their national team reserve standing. The remaining two spots after that will either go to Konstantinova and Gubanova getting a second, or giving one to Tarusina or Sotskova (I don't see Sakhanovich being submitted).

Excuse me, does Liza skip next season? Did I miss anything?

Lipea

Final Flight

IMO I don't see how Alina's performances of the last season were superior of Sonya's. The only difference is that she has lutz-loop combination, but Sonya was way more consistent and delivering.

moriel

Record Breaker
IMO I don't see how Alina's performances of the last season were superior of Sonya's. The only difference is that she has lutz-loop combination, but Sonya was way more consistent and delivering.

Alina's program are overall more complicated, not just jumps, but more transitions and stuff.

Lipea

Final Flight
Well people are saying like ugly wobbled muscled about her jumps.If I am wrong, then tell me the deficiencies that you think.
And i think you did not watch her protocol.You can see there is no deduction for her scores.

http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/gpf1617/

Seriously both are not like yuna or tuktamysheva.I don't expect them to have no problem with their jumps.

If you are saying that she scored 141 at Euros.How about Gp Gpf Worlds WTT?Euros was generous.Big score is not that important.Scoring is a relative thing.It becomes more important when it comes to compare with other skaters in same competiton.

Right she is european champion.But It doesnt mean she's very talented.She is not like Zagitova or Medvedeva.
Rusfed didn't want her to go Euros.They wanted zagitova, Konstantionova and Medvedeva.She was third at national even she almost made clean performance while Zagitova and konstantinova made many mistakes.Ialready knew Rusfed will send konstantinova over Sofia.But I never expected Tuktamysheva to getpneumonia😨

Sofia is so lucky compare with someone who always has been victim of corruption.😆Honestly Gubanova or tarusina should have gone to Euros and could be champion.When underscoring pcs and spin levels, chances are gone.😅

Even nastya always has been underscored but I expect next season will be quite different for her.Because It looks like she is going to get GP spots.This means Buyanova is working.And we know what Buyanova has done with her authority for a long time.I'm very interested to see what's going on😄

It's funny how you put as examples Medvedeva and Zagitova - the most grossly overscored Russian skaters who, it were a fair game not based on reputation or other sponsors, should be not selected to the team. All of the above people you mentioned - Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Tarusina, Gubanova, not mentioning forgotten Sakhanovich, and not even known skaters like Guliakova, Vasilieva, and Talalaikina were, from purely objective point, superior than these two overhyped olympic stars. But, of course, fans come after glories of victory, so we just assume they are better based on their medal record and bubbled up scores.

Lipea

Final Flight
Alina's program are overall more complicated, not just jumps, but more transitions and stuff.

This transition argument getting too old. The new rules accepted last year don't reflect rewarding the transitions. Also, this is a sport - single skating. Concerns about who has most complicated transitions shall go to the ice dance department. Thirdly, just having tons of transitions in the program, even though they are executed rather poorly and the choreography lacks integrity, shouldn't be a factor of judging the skater higher. Lastly, the practice showed that it's not even important - look at Medvedeva losing half of her transitions but still getting ridiculously high components (sorry, she is still far from Kostner, Yuna, or late Mao to get is for her skating and presentation alone). So this argument is absolutely irrelevant. Sofia though, unlike Alina, rotates all of her jumps.

Lipea

Final Flight
IMO two most talented ladies in Russian fs - Tuktamysheva and Tsurskaya. Just purely from the perspective of the talent - i.e. capability to have beautiful jumps, lines, hands, etc. Too sad about the retirement of the last, who should've been at the Olympics instead of Sotskova, and in the Grand Prix final, which she missed due to corrupted results at her first GP event.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's funny how you put as examples Medvedeva and Zagitova - the most grossly overscored Russian skaters who, it were a fair game not based on reputation or other sponsors, should be not selected to the team. All of the above people you mentioned - Tuktamysheva, Samodurova, Tarusina, Gubanova, not mentioning forgotten Sakhanovich, and not even known skaters like Guliakova, Vasilieva, and Talalaikina were, from purely objective point, superior than these two overhyped olympic stars. But, of course, fans come after glories of victory, so we just assume they are better based on their medal record and bubbled up scores.

As the great John Mcenroe would scream you cannot be serious! Alina not on the team? Lol.

And Lipta not everyone here only likes Olympic Champions or Olympic medalists. most of us have other favorites who may never even make a national team. With me its Nastya and Stasya. Others too.

andromache

Record Breaker
IMO two most talented ladies in Russian fs - Tuktamysheva and Tsurskaya. Just purely from the perspective of the talent - i.e. capability to have beautiful jumps, lines, hands, etc. Too sad about the retirement of the last, who should've been at the Olympics instead of Sotskova, and in the Grand Prix final, which she missed due to corrupted results at her first GP event.

Are you seriously saying that Liza has beautiful lines??? :shocked:

I adore Liza, I do. She is a spectacular jumper (the best in the field, IMO) and she knows how to sell a performance. She does not have beautiful lines. She probably has some of the worst body positions/lines in ladies' skating, other than in her jumps/landings.

voolfee

On the Ice
It's funny how you put as examples Medvedeva and Zagitova - the most grossly overscored Russian skaters who, it were a fair game not based on reputation or other sponsors, should be not selected to the team.

Alina, who won silver at GPF and gold at Worlds, shouldn't be in the team? Wow! :palmf: If you are talking about Nationals, Alina shouldn't have participated there at all with a terrible burn on her leg, but rusfed didn't allow this to be done. Because they didn't give guarantees about Alina's participation at Euro and Worlds. For them GP is just commercial competitions.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

I like Polina, but her programs that year were completely wrong for her. Other skaters get good marks for bad programs, but objectively her PCS scores were about right.

Baron Vladimir

Record Breaker
This transition argument getting too old. The new rules accepted last year don't reflect rewarding the transitions. Also, this is a sport - single skating. Concerns about who has most complicated transitions shall go to the ice dance department. Thirdly, just having tons of transitions in the program, even though they are executed rather poorly and the choreography lacks integrity, shouldn't be a factor of judging the skater higher. Lastly, the practice showed that it's not even important - look at Medvedeva losing half of her transitions but still getting ridiculously high components (sorry, she is still far from Kostner, Yuna, or late Mao to get is for her skating and presentation alone). So this argument is absolutely irrelevant. Sofia though, unlike Alina, rotates all of her jumps.

Which new rules about transitions? Transitions are judged in variety, difficulty, intricacy and quality. In three of those categories Alinas transitions were best or amomg the best at last Worlds. Even you think that quality of her transition could be better, that is just a part of what judges are looking for. Transition can be short and long, but they should be done with usage of the whole body parts (including legs, hands and head) with the motivation of connecting the requried elements in a whole piece, with minimal interuptions and cross overs. So, if you succesfully connect required elements with one another and with the music/program even with smaller amount of transitions than Alina did, you can stiil get high enough mark. There are different ways to use transitions. That doesnt mean Alina didnt deserve high transition score, nor someone who has less number of transitions could not get high scores... And Sofia doesnt rotate all her jumps. She doesnt have a proper take off edge to even start rotating the lutz.