2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 449 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Stage I of the St. Petersburg Cup 24-27 September 2019

Seems there is an error in the HTML, the code page definition is absent, so the page might display garbage in some browsers (like Safari :-(

There is Olesya Leonova in the KMS girls and Alyona Leonova in the MS women, sisters or nieces maybe?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
OMG Gubanova is there!!

Would be interesting to see how she fares after having received all that flak over this dreadful interview.

It should be in the past now, full force ahead for Anastasiya, trying to earn a spot on the Sankt Peterburg selection.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Has the Russian federation released Shabotova yet? What if they keep her in limbo for several more months or YEARS as a way to punish her??? Can they do that?
I think that they did release her and she represents Ukraine now. I am pretty sure she was at Ukrainian test skates and she landed a triple axel in the warm ups. I might be wrong though.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Yikes. Is it really that hard for them to fact check these things?

It's just a silly mistake - must have mixed her Olympic and World's titles (14 points difference mentioned in the article is, after all, with the WC scores). They did mention Yevgeniya's title correctly in another article, about her loss to Kihira:

Japan’s Rika Kihira landed triple Axels in both programs to open her international figure skating season with a victory over Olympic silver medalist Yevgenia Medvedeva at the Autumn Classic in Oakville, Ontario.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Yikes. Is it really that hard for them to fact check these things?

I've noticed that (there are some people in the know of it ;):biggrin:), but that's hardly a core of the article whether she was bronze on olympics or worlds.

Scott512

Record Breaker
OMG Gubanova is there!!
Shes back? Good. Its about time. I hope Nastya is happy back in St Petersburg. Hopefully the Moscow judges won't be there.

Would be interesting to see how she fares after having received all that flak over this dreadful interview.

It should be in the past now, full force ahead for Anastasiya, trying to earn a spot on the Sankt Peterburg selection.
I think the issue is she hasn't skated in any competition in so long it will be interesting to see what kind of form she has. I think that's more of an issue for Anastasia than that dubious interview was with Rodina.

neud

Match Penalty
Lineup is definitely more interesting to watch than CS Nebelhorn (Mariah BELL only):

Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
Serafima SAKHANOVICH
Anastasiia GUBANOVA
Alena LEONOVA
Anastasiia GULIAKOVA
Elizaveta NUGUMANOVA

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
I hope you’re right. I’m just genuinely worried about her future as a figure skater.

Ya, I know that she was at test skates, so i am assuming that she was released. I think that she has to wait a year until she can compete for Ukraine though. There is probably more information and videos from test skates in her fan fest. I think that the video of her triple axel is in this thread a few pages back. If my memory is right, Ukrainian test skates was right after Russian test skates.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Ya, I know that she was at test skates, so i am assuming that she was released. I think that she has to wait a year until she can compete for Ukraine though. There is probably more information and videos from test skates in her fan fest. I think that the video of her triple axel is in this thread a few pages back. If my memory is right, Ukrainian test skates was right after Russian test skates.

She should not have to wait a year to compete that's ridiculous. No one can miss a year of competition and still reach their potential. If the Federation released her because of what she said she should be able to skate for another country right away or whenever the new countries rules and regulations allow a new skater to start. I really feel for Shabotova.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
She should not have to wait a year to compete that's ridiculous. No one can miss a year of competition and still reach their potential. If the Federation released her because of what she said she should be able to skate for another country right away or whenever the new countries rules and regulations allow a new skater to start. I really feel for Shabotova.
I could be wrong about that, but I don't think that she has gotten a JGP assignment yet and didn't Kurakova have to wait a little bit to compete for Poland?

Anyways, I hope that everything with Shabotova will work out. Deciding to switch countries must not have been an easy decision. Hopefully she can get a JGP assignment either this season or next season.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
She should not have to wait a year to compete that's ridiculous.

I don't think she's going to miss the 2019/20 season since she never competed for Russia as a national team member, and 12 month "quarantine" applies to those athletes only, if I remember correctly.

If the Federation released her because of what she said
She was released because she, her parents and her coach decided she didn't have a chance to get into the Russian national team with her low scores. And the application was approved unanimously. Don't think her stupid remark had any effect on that decision.

she should be able to skate for another country right away or whenever the new countries rules and regulations allow a new skater to start. I really feel for Shabotova.
ISU mandated quarantine period is 12 months; but it doesn't apply in her case.

So technically she's a Ukrainian skater now, and doesn't belong in this thread :biggrin:

SkySkater

On the Ice
I don't think she's going to miss the 2019/20 season since she never competed for Russia as a national team member, and 12 month "quarantine" applies to those athletes only, if I remember correctly.

She was released because she, her parents and her coach decided she didn't have a chance to get into the Russian national team with her low scores. And the application was approved unanimously. Don't think her stupid remark had any effect on that decision.

ISU mandated quarantine period is 12 months; but it doesn't apply in her case.

So technically she's a Ukrainian skater now, and doesn't belong in this thread :biggrin:

Shabotova beat Daria Usacheva, Maya Khromykh and Frolova last season handily. Her scoring only tanks after the comment before that she and Frolova were the only two able to challenge the Eteri girls and she was the more talented one out of the pair of them. She now has a triple axel and is certainly the most talented Russian girl to swap federation and considering the state of Russia's olympic hopefuls they may regret loosing her.