Page 429 of 429 FirstFirst ... 329379419420421422423424425426427428429
Results 8,561 to 8,563 of 8563

Thread: 2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andromache View Post
    Alena is a different skater than Anna, and vastly superior in terms of skating skills.
    "vastly superior"?!? To Anya or to Liza? or both?

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by JazzUp View Post
    "vastly superior"?!? To Anya or to Liza? or both?
    I was referring to Anna specifically, but since you mentioned it, both. The judges agreed last season on the Anna v. Alena comparison looking at the scores for the various international junior events and Russian Nationals. (There's no Alena v. Liza comparison, since the only senior comp that Alena did last season, Russian Nationals, Liza did not compete in, but one can assume.)

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by andromache View Post
    I was referring to Anna specifically, but since you mentioned it, both. The judges agreed last season on the Anna v. Alena comparison looking at the scores for the various international junior events and Russian Nationals. (There's no Alena v. Liza comparison, since the only senior comp that Alena did last season, Russian Nationals, Liza did not compete in, but one can assume.)
    The last time (and only time I think...) Aliona and Liza competed against each other was the 2017-18 Nationals and they basically tied in PCS, with Liza coming out slightly ahead. https://www.fsrussia.ru/results/1718...RUS/SEG004.HTM

Aliona was a first year junior at that point.

Not directly against each other, but at the GPF/JGPF Aliona outscored Liza in PCS by about a point.

Although I think Aliona should win PCS head to head (by a mile, across all categories), I’m not counting on it as the judges seem to rate new seniors a bit lower than they were rated as juniors. That being said, Aliona looks very senior, not only in her skating, but also in her musculature. Not to talk about young girls bodies, I think Anna is at a disadvantage vs. Sasha and Aliona who are more muscular and look physically more mature. It shouldn’t be like this and I hate even bringing this up, but I think this plays a role subconsciously in the judges minds.

This will probably get deleted.

Page 429 of 429 FirstFirst ... 329379419420421422423424425426427428429