2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 442 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I've been watching skating for forty years, and the only thing I remember about Alina's Carmen is the final pose and also being nervous hoping she'd skate clean because SHE looked like a nervous wreck the entire time. IOW, Alina's Carmen was a forgettable throwaway that got the job done. Heck, I remember Sasha Cohen's Carmen more than whatever Alina did last year.

People, it's over. Alina is the one who won 2019 worlds, not your favorites, your constant insulting of her won't change a thing. Deal with it at last. I understand that for several conservatives who are frozen in 1988 her Carmen is not what they remember from those times, but we have a new season now, new programs, there is no point in your repeated outbursts.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Thats a desinterpretation. He didn't say "we did it that way", he said "we tried to do it that way." Which is quite understandable, in fact I believe every choreographer wants to do programs that could be considered such.

Interresting that Katarina was able to congratulate Alina for her Carmen, while you are unable of it. But ego or not, Alina's Carmen is in every possible way better program than how programs were made 30 years ago, the fact that you can't deal with it doesn't change it.
As I said for me Carmen was a programm that was way to rushed. I was happy that she did it as great as she did at worlds but in my opinion it can not be called iconic. The only times alina performed it without looking scared to make faults was Japan open and worlds which were also the events where she performed it the best.. And I am happy that she seems not to be that nervous with her new programms and that hopefully the team learns to not pack the programm too full. They are on the right track seeing as they didn't pack alinas new programms that full as last year which at least gives her the time to hold positions a bit longer. So I hope they will continue like this for the next few seasons. And as I said I think alinas Olympic programms will be more remembered than her Carmen will ever be. But that is my opinion you can have your own.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
People, it's over. Alina is the one who won 2019 worlds, not your favorites, your constant insulting of her won't change a thing. Deal with it at last. I understand that for several conservatives who are frozen in 1988 her Carmen is not what they remember from those times, but we have a new season now, new programs, there is no point in your repeated outbursts.

Trixi Schuba was a world champion and won Olympics even. That does not make her programs icon. Plenty unmemorable programs snatched medals. I mean never-gold Janet Lynn is the icon of 1960s and 1970s...

NaVi

Medalist
The point is that its unfair to allow 3as and not quads.

I disagree for at least the next couple Olympic cycles. Two separate quads is about equal to 3 3A... and two 4T with +3Lo combos is about the same as 3 3A. The 3A is more accessible to a wider range of body types.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Why is Gulyakova skating to Carmen? That only makes me compare it to Alina and that is not a comparison you want. Bad decision.

Thats a desinterpretation. He didn't say "we did it that way", he said "we tried to do it that way." Which is quite understandable, in fact I believe every choreographer wants to do programs that could be considered such.

Interresting that Katarina was able to congratulate Alina for her Carmen, while you are unable of it. But ego or not, Alina's Carmen is in every possible way better program than how programs were made 30 years ago, the fact that you can't deal with it doesn't change it.

I was so happy Katarina congratulated Alina on her Carmen winning gold at Worlds completing her career grand slam. That is true class which is what Alina deserves.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
With the current content clean Valieva will easily beat clean Liu - something like 225 vs. 215. it's interesting if one or both of them are going to raise their technical ante. For Kamilla it looks like playing safe and nailing both 4T is a better strategy. But if somehow Alysa adds 2 more quads her scores for 2 clean programs will be in Trusova's range well above Kamila.

Are we going to see them before JGPF?

zounger

Medalist
The one iconic skater that skated to Carmen is and always will be Katharine Witt and not alina,

Maybe. But since you got in the trouble and wrote both Carmen and Witt and Katherine with capitals but you couldn't write Alina form me erases whatever you wanted to say.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Maybe. But since you got in the trouble and wrote both Carmen and Witt and Katherine with capitals but you couldn't write Alina form me erases whatever you wanted to say.
Well for that you have to blame my auto correctur which corrected the word Alina when I wrote it and I didn't see it before hitting send.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I disagree for at least the next couple Olympic cycles. Two separate quads is about equal to 3 3A... and two 4T with +3Lo combos is about the same as 3 3A. The 3A is more accessible to a wider range of body types.

Lol... where are you getting that from? Anecdotal evidence that "bigger" skaters have landed the 3A? That doesn't mean its more "accessible". They're all incredibly hard jumps. Some have an easier time doing a 3a, and some have an easier time doing quads. The fact that there are several skaters who can do quads but not 3as proves this.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As I said for me Carmen was a programm that was way to rushed. I was happy that she did it as great as she did at worlds but in my opinion it can not be called iconic. The only times alina performed it without looking scared to make faults was Japan open and worlds which were also the events where she performed it the best.. And I am happy that she seems not to be that nervous with her new programms and that hopefully the team learns to not pack the programm too full. They are on the right track seeing as they didn't pack alinas new programms that full as last year which at least gives her the time to hold positions a bit longer. So I hope they will continue like this for the next few seasons. And as I said I think alinas Olympic programms will be more remembered than her Carmen will ever be. But that is my opinion you can have your own.

I don't need to be repeated 50 times of fabienne that you don't like Alina's Carmen. I got it. Everybody got it. Still Alina won worlds despite you didn't like it and that's all that matters. If she looked nervous, she had her reasons for it, esp. when some people spent all their time writing BS abut her, doubted her performances, literally vomited complaints how they even dared to nominate her for worlds etc. All those people who were making hell for her were even worsening her real problems with growth, injuries etc., never were able to say anything positive, didn't prove any empathy, any ability to support "(I'm fan but" is BS, not support). But Alina won despite them, sent them into hell and it's over. It's new season now, new thread and for we were forced to read all those negative outbursts through the whole last season, I hope we won't be forced to read it again. If you still wanna announce the world how much you don't like Alina's Carmen, create a thread for it. I think you will easily find some other fuddy-duddies for whom figure skating ended with compulsory figures who would gladly join you there. Enjoy.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker

The bold part is just a personal opinion unless supported by data which apparently do not exist. We just do not have statistics. But we have statistics for men where skaters with different body types jump quads.

The only relevant argument is the number of skaters capable of doing jumps. Triple axel is around for decades now. Yet, at any given point of time not more than 2 skaters could land it with above than 50% success rate. Yes, it's 3 now when we add a 13 year old Liu whose puberty is yet to come.

Quads are a recent phenomenon. But we have 4 skaters who landed them this season already.And Liu is the only one who can do both. I do not buy "it's unfair" argument. But if I did the status quo is "unfair" only to pure quadsters like Trusova, Scherbakova, and Valieva - all Russians. They cannot jump a triple axel. Hence, they are at a short program disadvantage vs. Liu and potentially Kihira who supposedly will introduce a quad sal.

Once again, the key argument is that 3A is as difficult jump as quads. If it were not true the jump prodigy Trusova would already introduce it. I am sure that she works on it and will show it if it gets stable. But for her a quad lutz seems easier. I have no idea what it has to do with her body type.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
LOL! All I said is that Gulyakova is skating to Carmen. I think it's too soon as it is the reigning World Champions program (whether you like that program or not).

Funny how that post got hijacked into discussion if Alina's Carmen was good or not. What has that to do with Gulyakova?:laugh::hijacked:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Trixi Schuba was a world champion and won Olympics even. That does not make her programs icon. Plenty unmemorable programs snatched medals. I mean never-gold Janet Lynn is the icon of 1960s and 1970s...

In this thread I'm not looking for VenusHalley's iconic programs from the times when triple jumps were vulgar word in a world of ladies skating.

Giltedge

Final Flight
Working on it!

ETA:

Alina Zagitova: Worlds 1, Euros 2, GPF 2, Rostelecom 1, Grand Prix Helsinki 1, Nebelhorn 1
Alexandra Trusova: Spartakiad 1, JWC 1, JrNats 1, RusNats 2, JGPF 2, JGP Armenia 1, JGP Lithuania 1
Alena Kostornaya: JrNats 3, RusNats 3, JGPF 1, JGP Czech Republic 1, JGP Austria 1
Anna Shcherbakova: Spartakiad 2, JWC 2, EYOF 2, JrNats 2, RusNats 1, JGP Canada 1, JGP Slovakia 1
Elizabet Tursynbaeva: Worlds 2, 4CC 2, Universiade 2, Finlandia 2, Nepela 2
Kamila Valieva: Elder Age 1, Elder Age Qualifiers 1, Younger Age (Elder Group) 1, Cup of Moscow 1, 2nd Stage 3, 1st Stage 1, Open Moscow Cup 1
Daria Usacheva: Elder Age 3, Russian Cup Final 2, Volkov Memorial 3, 2nd Stage 1, 1st Stage 2, Open Moscow Cup 2
Maya Kromykh: Russian Cup Final 1, Elder Age 2, Elder Age Qualifiers 2, Cup of Moscow 2, 5th Stage 2
Sofia Akatieva: Younger Age 2, Volkov Memorial 2
Veronika Zhilina: Younger Age 1

Moris Kvitelashvili: Universiade 3, Rostelecom 2, Finlandia 3
Daniil Samsonov: Spartakiad 2, Children of Asia 1, JrNats 1, Cup of Moscow 1, 2nd Stage 1, 1st Stage 1, Open Moscow Cup 1
Georgy Kunitsa: Elder Age 3, Elder Age Qualifiers 3, Russian Cup Final 2, Cup of Moscow 2, 3rd Stage 3
Egor Rukhin: Children of Asia 2, 5th Stage 3
Artem Frolov: 3rd Stage 2
Mark Lukin: Younger Age Qualifiers 1
Nikolai Kolesnikov: Younger Age 2, Younger Age Qualifiers 2, Volkov 1

May not be fully correct but that's what I have for now!

Thank you, SpiralfM!

Even though one was aware of these accumulating as the season advanced, to see the season's list laid out like this bears stark testimony to the astounding accomplishments of Eteri, Sergey, Daniil and others in the Khrustalnyi team like Sergey R, Aleksei Zh and the late Ludmilla Borisovna.

These accomplishments are reaching deep into the skaters of the future, inspiring children, parents, coaches and schools across Russia, across EurAsia, and self-evidently reaching the furthest-flung corners of the world. No one who has the interests of the sport at heart can possibly fail to exalt at the wonderful asset to the sport of figure skating that is Eteri Tutberidze.

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
I don't need to be repeated 50 times of fabienne that you don't like Alina's Carmen. I got it. Everybody got it. Still Alina won worlds despite you didn't likie it and that's all that matters. If she looked nervous, she had her reasons for it, esp. when some people spent all their time writing BS abut her, doubted her performances, literally vomited complaints how they even dared to nominate her for worlds etc. All those people who were making hell for her were even worsening her real problems with growth, injuries etc., never able to say anything positive, didn't prove any empathy, any ability to support "(I'm fan but" is BS, not support). But Alina won despite them, sent them into hell and it's over. It's new season now, new thread and for we were forced to read all those negative outbursts through the whole last season, I hope we won't be forced to read it again. If you still wanna announce the world how much you don't like Alina's Carmen, create a thread for it. I think you will easily find some other fuddy-duddies for whom figure skating ended with compulsory figures who would gladly join you there. Enjoy.
And you can not write one comment where you do not put other peoples opinion down just because they do not fit into your world apparently. And no saying that you like alina but that she also has her faults doesn't make someone a hater. But yes I know that you only see it black or white, either you are against her or you are her super duper fan. News flash for you and others the world isn't black or white. But then again you are allowed to put other skaters down but when someone says something not glowing positive about certain skaters you go for their throat . Yep how could someone ever forget those unspoken rules in here. And not everybody has to like every programm. And where did I say I a was not happy to see her win worlds? I just said her programm did what it was supposed to do, didnt I ?!But here we are again with your black and white thinking that just because my opinion isn't only glowing positive about certain things that I hate alina . No I do not hate her , never have never will I also do not dislike her. And this is the end for me for this particular discussion with you.