2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 781 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interestingly, did Eteri give Yagudin permission to talk about Kamila’s leg fracture? Did Ted talk about this before skating?
Whaaaaaaaaat? Kamila had an Alyiona type of leg facture? Please tell me it ain't true.

And why shouldn't she?

I still want Kamila to win but sort of wonder why she's risking further injury being here

That's a good question. as much as I like the Grand Prix finals for both seniors and juniors this is not a world championship and if she's not close to 100% she should not be skating to risk further injury.

bubblecherry

Final Flight
Daria is such a gem! Seriously the expressiveness of her body, the lightness and attention to detail in her arms, the flexibility from her fingertips into her back all the way to her toes... just perfect to me :love: My only small critique would be that she constantly has a blank face... all that expressiveness in her body stops at her neck, but I think the programs are also an issue. Hopefully Daniil can find the perfect style for her next year, as he did for 3A last year in juniors, because she could be elevated even moreso with better music.

But really she should be #1 in PCS, TES, and overall today, in my opinion.

Mishaminion

Record Breaker
I agree on PCS but I like Alysa (apart from her lack of speed although that is improving) and although not as much as the Russian juniors, it is nice to see someone challenging them...particularly an American. It's about time they had a lady capable of reaching the very top.

Thrashergurl

On the Ice
Alysa is learning to beat these girls at their own game. It’s about progress and advancing the sport, and Alysa is doing just that. Who knows what the LP will bring, but she appears to have brought a challenge to these girls

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Is Viktoria Vasileva really 16 years old??? I don’t know how I missed that, I thought she was 14 or something. The only other so called “late bloomer” in Russian juniors was Konstantinova.

..... I think that Kamila Valieva flails and flails way too much. I think she has been overscored this season in tech (she really wonks and twerks her body on the lutz combos) and pcs. IMO.

I would have definitely put Usacheva or Sinitsina in first place after the short.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I love Kamila, but it really pains me to see how nervous and scared she looks before and after she skates :sad21:

She always looks so so terrified as she gets to her opening pose ... the pressure is insane for her, and I hope she doesn't break under the pressure :( She looks like a strong competitor though, so hopefully she can overcome the nerves!

colormyworld240

Medalist
I'm surprised Sinisyna wasn't leading or at last in second, I think she had the best skate and was on par with her SBs skate. I'm also surprised Kamila's SS are only in the 7's; I'd say her SS are on par with Kostornaia's who at least got 8s in juniors?

I am liking Daria more and more, I still don't love her but she's improving. I think this music is perfect for her; it allows her maturity to stand out; none of the other girls have that. Maybe Sinitsyna, but not quite.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I love Kamila, but it really pains me to see how nervous and scared she looks before and after she skates :sad21:

She always looks so so terrified as she gets to her opening pose ... the pressure is insane for her, and I hope she doesn't break under the pressure :( She looks like a strong competitor though, so hopefully she can overcome the nerves!

On the contrary, even if Kamila looks nervous, I think she is a stubborn girl and has a lot of fire power. She might look more fragile than she is.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
I'm surprised Sinisyna wasn't leading or at last in second, I think she had the best skate and was on par with her SBs skate. I'm also surprised Kamila's SS are only in the 7's; I'd say her SS are on par with Kostornaia's who at least got 8s in juniors?

I am liking Daria more and more, I still don't love her but she's improving. I think this music is perfect for her; it allows her maturity to stand out; none of the other girls have that. Maybe Sinitsyna, but not quite.

Ksenia might have looked a little tense here, but I also think she should have been in the lead after the short. Her program is just lovely.

E

eterialskater

Daria interpretation is already very good. I think actually she does Medvedeva style better than Medvedeva herself at the same point in their career.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice

She looks nervous and frail but I don't think she's the meltdown type. She didn't let the loop mistake get to her. I was quite impressed at what a tough cookie she was.

There have been some skaters where if they fall you know it's game over for the rest of the performance.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
Is Viktoria Vasileva really 16 years old??? I don’t know how I missed that, I thought she was 14 or something. The only other so called “late bloomer” in Russian juniors was Konstantinova.

..... I think that Kamila Valieva flails and flails way too much. I think she has been overscored this season in tech (she really wonks and twerks her body on the lutz combos) and pcs. IMO.

I would have definitely put Usacheva or Sinitsina in first place after the short.

This season is Vasilieva's 3rd junior season, and sadly I suspect she will be forced to continue at junior level next season as there is a shortage of GP spots for Russian girls.

Amei

Record Breaker

I'm okay with Kamila's scoring, her skating was off today (recovering from injury) and it's not like she's that far off from her scores at the JGP events, she was about 1 point less in PCS here than at Russia where she had a great SP - she still managed the best PCS (granted not by much) in the field.

colormyworld240

Medalist
My main issue with Alysa is that she‘s painfully slow. The funny thing, though, is that while she skates small, her personality is so big that she seems to fill the arena nonetheless. I wouldn‘t give her as much in skating skills as Daria, Haein, Kamila and especially Kseniia but she‘s a lovely, energetic performer and her transitions are hard as well. She’s been working on the speed issue but she’s not there yet. I have not looked into her scores closely so can‘t comment on that but I find it a bit unfair to act as if she was skating an emotionless, empty program when that‘s not the case. Would I put her first in components? No way. But not last either. She‘s got her weaknesses but so do the Russians. And the PCS were very close overall.

I didn't find Alysa particularly slow here? I think she was slow in the past, but she didn't seem much slower than the rest here. Looking at the camera as it follows her with respect to the audience and travel across the ice, I found her speed comparable to the field. The only one I thought was noticeably faster was Kamila who skates faster than most anyways.

I think it's difficult to judge performance and interpretation with so many different styles. Alysa and Daria has music that was overtly emotional in one way or another. Viktoria had a themed program. So it may seem that they're performing more, but Kamila, Haein, and Ksenia's music were more about the composition and I thought they all responded to the music; they were on the music and performed within the theme of their programs.

Now I didn't find them to have the musicality and sensitivity of someone like Anna, but neither did Alysa/Daria/Viktoria.

lusterfan

Final Flight
I didn't find Alysa particularly slow here? I think she was slow in the past, but she didn't seem much slower than the rest here. Looking at the camera as it follows her with respect to the audience and travel across the ice, I found her speed comparable to the field. The only one I thought was noticeably faster was Kamila who skates faster than anyways.

I think it's difficult to judge performance and interpretation with so many different styles. Alysa and Daria has music that was overtly emotional in one way or another. Viktoria had a themed program. So it may seem that they're performing more, but Kamila, Haein, and Ksenia's music were more about the composition and I thought they all responded to the music; they were on the music and performed within the theme of their programs.

Now I didn't find them to have the musicality and sensitivity of someone like Anna, but neither did Alysa/Daria/Viktoria.

Yeah Alysa was slow throughout the JGP, but she really improved her speed here today. She should've been behind these ladies in PCS by a bit more, but her 3A base value carried her to the top. Ksenia's SP at Egna-Neumarkt is my favorite junior SP all season ... but I think she didn't have the same spark here today. I may have to watch again, but she seemed less polished and less intricately subtle today. I think she deserves the most PCS (particularly the skating skills!), but her performance was weaker today.

I actually think Daria should've led ... she was spot on with beautiful jumps and an emotive performance. What it came down to was her lack of a lutz versus Alysa's 3A+3T. She was over 2 pts behind in BV, but was able to bring the back to ~1 pt. The FS will be so so exciting!

Orlov

Medalist
I agree on PCS but I like Alysa (apart from her lack of speed although that is improving) and although not as much as the Russian juniors, it is nice to see someone challenging them...particularly an American. It's about time they had a lady capable of reaching the very top.

For god sake! Why are you people all the time talking about Alysa here? If you want to admit that you like her, then go to "2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating" or fanfest.
If you wanna compare her performance with Russian skaters go to "2019 Junior Grand Prix Final Ladies Short"

Just enough of that.

UPD.

Alysa is learning to beat these girls at their own game. It’s about progress and advancing the sport, and Alysa is doing just that. Who knows what the LP will bring, but she appears to have brought a challenge to these girls

:palmf:
come on people, it's just ridiculous))

Scott512

Record Breaker
For god sake! Why are you people all the time talking about Alysa here? If you want to admit that you like her, then go to "2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating" or fanfest.
If you wanna compare her performance with Russian skaters go to "2019 Junior Grand Prix Final Ladies Short"

Just enough of that.

UPD.

:palmf:
come on people, it's just ridiculous))

What does UPD mean?

Having posted here for almost 6 years I can figure out why they talk about Alysa here on occasion. 2 reasons first she's compared to the Russian girls a lot and second she's the only female skater in the world who does triple axel and quads in the same program. To me she can beat the Russian juniors but it's a good competition. Her problem in the future is going to be going up against 3A. It's a numbers game and the Russian ladies have the numbers. I certainly don't give up on the Russian girls and the Junior Grand Prix final. I think Kanyshevacan still become someone special if she can stay healthy. So Orlov after my explanation I hope you have calmed down about this topic. watch the Junior Grand Prix final is over you won't hear about Alysa in here. Until junior worlds that is.

Orlov

Medalist
Having posted here for almost 6 years I can figure out why they talk about Alysa here on occasion. 2 reasons first she's compared to the Russian girls a lot and second she's the only female skater in the world who does triple axel and quads in the same program.

But I don't want to read the posts about not of interest to me skater. For this purpose, and was made a division of forum topic - so we saved time and read about those who are interesting to us. Would be okay if it was once or twice, sporadically. But it's CONSTANT. And I feel in this violation of my rights - I cannot enjoy forum fully from for this.

If they wanna compare - here thread especially for this, or here.

At least, answer me a simple question - why those who want to compare Alysa with Russian girls compare here, and not in U.S. Ladies thread? Go into 2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating and compare there. They want to talk about Alysa - they go in U.S. Ladies thread. It's obvious to me.

Scott512

Record Breaker
But I don't want to read the posts about not of interest to me skater. For this purpose, and was made a division of forum topic - so we saved time and read about those who are interesting to us. Would be okay if it was once or twice, sporadically. But it's CONSTANT. And I feel in this violation of my rights - I cannot enjoy forum fully from for this.

If they wanna compare - here thread especially for this, or here.

At least, answer me a simple question - why those who want to compare Alysa with Russian girls compare here, and not in U.S. Ladies thread? Go into 2019-20 U.S. Ladies Figure Skating and compare there. They want to talk about Alysa - they go in U.S. Ladies thread. It's obvious to me.

I can only guess it's one lone American girl and numerous Russian girls that's why it gets more mentions here than any other thread. But I will agree some of this should be moved to the US ladies thread from time to time. I also think the mentions of her in this Russian ladies thread will lessen a lot after the Junior Grand Prix final. But you also have to adjust and enjoy this thread again becauseso much it's going to happen in the coming weeks with the Russian Ladies.