2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 1042 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

katymay

Medalist
Happy 13th birthday to Sof’ya Samodelkina :) https://www.instagram.com/p/B8tRfk3JMnx/ , birthday poem written by her dad.

Small CSKA photo album: http://ltk-cska.ru/photoalbums/02-sofya-samodelkina/

Will she be on her way to Velikiy Novgorod, or will her #TeamDavydov still be deliberating wether to compete or not in the Russian Cup Finals, to win a medal?

There has been a press conference in the ice stadium, and now there will be the draw of starting orders: https://fsrussia.ru/news/4918-press-konferentsiya-posvyashchennaya-startu-finala-kubka-rossii.html

We can look forward to the Battle of the Anastasiya's and the Sof'yas ;-)

Velikiy Novgorod is ready and pleased to greet the contestants: https://novvedomosti.ru/news/sport/59924/

And here is the online schedule and results page: https://fsrussia.ru/results/1920/cor1920_final/index.htm

KMS Juniors has a top field, this is going to be another good competition for the unknowns to get into a higher rank next season: Akat'yeva, Berestovskaya, Vaytkus, Gorbachyova, Zakharova, Moroz, Muravyova, Osokina, Petrosyan, Ryabinina, Samodelkina, Sultanmagomedova. Apart from Akat'yeva, Berestovskaya and Zakharova who are too young, there are JPG starts to be won next season.

MS Seniors is hardly less: Grachyova, Gubanova, Gulyakova, Nugumanova, Talalaikina, Tarakanova, Frolova, Tsibinova, Shulskaya. Here, also established skaters defending their positions against eager newcomers. In contrast to the juniors, no ultra-si? We'll see if Gulyakova jumps her triksel.

So season has ended for Samodurova?

It looks like Zakharova is listed as Sambo-was this always the case, or is it new? She was one of my favorites-a real powerhouse (had a few UR's which hurt) and fun to watch.

Skuratov

On the Ice
Khromykh's doing Violin Fantasy right, I'm pretty sure that's classical. Vasilieva's doing Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso which is also classical. Frolova's Age of Cathedrals is pretty classical as well. In the novices, Samodelkina's Masquerade Waltz is classical, and Muravyeva's Winter is classical. It seems Tutberidze's group usually strays away from purely classical music while Panova is more likely to use it in her programs (all of her students have had at least one classical program).

Just to complement the information. Samodelkina's SP uses Dance of Knights by Sergei Prokofiev. FP uses Masquerade Waltz by Aram Khachaturian. Two of my favorite Classical pieces.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Valieva had a free program to Adagio for Spartacus and Phrygia from Spartacus by Khachaturian last season

I love and miss that program so much. @Eteri please give her another ballet program. Maybe its an unpopular opinion but I love that program even more than the Picasso one (although I do like that program too).

rlopen

On the Ice
I love and miss that program so much. @Eteri please give her another ballet program. Maybe its an unpopular opinion but I love that program even more than the Picasso one (although I do like that program too).

I live for any and every Spartacus program. It’s such a warhorse-y type song yet I feel it’s so underused compared to warhorses and it confuses me to no end. Absolutely beautiful piece of music.

SkateSkates

Medalist

I really liked that program too! I hope we can see more ballet programs for Kamila in the future - this style really suits her. Of course it is great to expand her range, but it wouldn’t hurt to show off her best qualities :)
I would love to see another classical program for Sasha as well since I really liked her Four Seasons program. IMO it’s still her best LP. And please a classical program for Aliona...I would love to see it, even if it’s just 1 SP.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
To me, it is not so clear who benefits from the -5/+5 GOEs. If all the judges give you +5, you don't get 5 extra GOE points. You get a percentage of base value. So the skaters who benefit most are those that do the highest base value jumps.

Is this better or worse than the old method, where +3 on a triple jump really meant +3?

True, the percentage of +5 benefits high BVs. But at the same time you lose as much if you fail. And with lower BVs for quads, there isn't much left if you fall. Trusova has shown this season that she is not unbeatable. If Zagitova had skated a clean long program at GPF she would have taken the bronze. Same with Tuktamysheva at RusNats. That's the possibility with +5/-5. You didn't have that before. And Kamila Valieva (without quads) would not have beaten Alysa Liu (with quads and trixels) at JGPF with the old system.

McBibus

On the Ice
True, the percentage of +5 benefits high BVs. But at the same time you lose as much if you fail. And with lower BVs for quads, there isn't much left if you fall. Trusova has shown this season that she is not unbeatable. If Zagitova had skated a clean long program at GPF she would have taken the bronze. Same with Tuktamysheva at RusNats. That's the possibility with +5/-5. You didn't have that before.

I don't like how it's diplayed tough.
We see the GOE added value, but I would prefer to see the pure judged GOE so we could easily understand how an element was judged.

lpt

On the Ice
It looks like Zakharova is listed as Sambo-was this always the case, or is it new? She was one of my favorites-a real powerhouse (had a few UR's which hurt) and fun to watch.
Maria Zakharova is a daughter and a student of the prominent coach Anna Tsaryova. Tsaryova is a long time SAMBO-70 coach.
Some people thinks that SAMBO-70 means Tutberidze. But "Khrustalny" is just one of the departments of SAMBO-70, and Tutberidze group is just one of the "Khrustalny" groups.

TripleAxelQueens3

sasha trusova is superior
Final Flight
The field is really very even in the Senior Ladies category for RCF, whoever skates clean will probably take the gold, but I have a feeling Tsibinova might want some redemption after RusNats.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
The field is really very even in the Senior Ladies category for RCF, whoever skates clean will probably take the gold, but I have a feeling Tsibinova might want some redemption after RusNats.

Yes, picking the winner is really hard on this one. Tsibinova is a good bet, Guliakova as well, but I am hoping the Rukavicin girls Gubanova, Nugumanova and Talalaykina are all in top form!
I have a feeling though that Tarakanova will come in here and just slay! (Her life in the next season may depend on it!)
And I want Shulskaya to be as confident as she was at RusNats, I really want her to build a name for herself.
The only one I can't see winning this is Frolova.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow....this thread has over 20,000 posts and isn’t very far from 3 million views. :jaw:

For perspective.... Last year the post total for the entire year was just over 20,000 and just over 3 million views. It’s cool to see that were still growing and are likely going to see a higher rate of interest this year.:hap93:

LenaRadiFan

On the Ice
I think for russian cup I am rooting mostly for Guliakova to come out on top and I hope Nugumanova and Tarakanova are gonna round the posium out, but my biggest hope of course is that everyone skates their best

Arbitrary

Medalist
It looks like Pluschenko decided to escalate his conflict with Tutberidze:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...z-my-budem-reshat-voprosy-po-drugomu-1644367/

- I don't like it and usually prefer not to touch anyone, till no one touch me. Those discussions are irrelevant, we must prove everything in rink.
But it looks like the discussion in Media is good too. Our people like it. Everyone heating up. And not only local, worldwide. Our talks were translated all over the world.
Everyone does his/her own conclusions.
Next time, possible, we will resolve our conflicts other way.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It looks like Pluschenko decided to escalate his conflict with Tutberidze:
https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...z-my-budem-reshat-voprosy-po-drugomu-1644367/

- I don't like it and usually prefer not to touch anyone, till no one touch me. Those discussions are irrelevant, we must prove everything in rink.
But it looks like the discussion in Media is good too. Our people like it. Everyone heating up. And not only local, worldwide. Our talks were translated all over the world.
Everyone does his/her own conclusions.
Next time, possible, we will resolve our conflicts other way.

Obviously this party likes to bask in the attention of any media, even the yellow pages and gossip press: anything goes for getting publicity. If only the results from the rinks would matter however, how boring would that be?

Has the hatchet been buried again? The other party is busy preparing its skaters to compete in Cup Finals, Junior and Senior World Championships, I suppose they don't have time for petty quarrelling.
This party 'well connected in society' cultivates its 'drowned rat' appearance, the other 'working class' party opts for cultivated and stylish, doesn't talk trash and delivers one result after another ...

Plyushchenko giving Medvyedeva advice to quit or change federations? https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...sovetuet-medvedevoy-zavershit-kareru-1644370/

Plyushchenko giving both Medvyedeva and Zagitova advice to find a manager so they can get a better returns from their skating: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ny-poluchat-sovershenno-drugie-dengi-1644368/

Plyushchenko ready to fight Yagudin on new territory, private figure skating academies: https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...sen-na-poedinok-s-akademiey-yagudina-1644382/

Apparently Sport Express did an exclusive interview with Plyushchenko, but are releasing 'hot' snippets piecemeal??

Every single of this snippets is about 'the money', which is not surprising when you run your academy as a business.

Hopefully SE will bring the full interview soon.