2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 127 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
I got a bit confused with the girls. Can someone tell me which girls can participate in the JGP circuit?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Praying for Kostornaia's triple axel :pray:

My Hope is that Alena has a healthy season and shows her beautiful skating which is hard for anyone to match. Then when she's fully confident she can try to add a triple axel but it might not happen this upcoming season.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
My Hope is that Alena has a healthy season and shows her beautiful skating which is hard for anyone to match. Then when she's fully confident she can try to add a triple axel but it might not happen this upcoming season.

Alyona added 30 kg, imagine how she would jump 3A. All the rest of his jumps as usual high and beautiful. Now Eteri will solve this issue

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Alyona added 30 kg, imagine how she would jump 3A. All the rest of his jumps as usual high and beautiful. Now Eteri will solve this issue

Now that's an exaggeration. If it's true, then it's no more than 5kg. And even so, they were on holidays. Alina added a bit of weight during the early off-season last year too but it was no longer a problem even before the season started. They'll be alright. :)

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
So everyone can relax.. Alena is very beautiful now. Puberty's in full swing. It emits a force on the mountain. I wouldn't want to get in her way...

Fluture

Record Breaker
So everyone can relax.. Alena is very beautiful now. Puberty's in full swing. It emits a force on the mountain. I wouldn't want to get in her way...

Alena has always been beautiful. I remember meeting her in Linz and she was physically tiny but she had such a presence on the ice and off-ice radiated such an aura of confidence as well. And boy, her determination. She was sweet while interacting with fans but as soon as she went on to the ice, she was concentrated only on the task. She didn‘t look like a 14, 15 year old anymore. All the other girls, even little Alena Kanysheva who also showed nerves of steel this season, seemed a bit nervous during the warm-up. She didn‘t.

From what you’ve written it sounds like she‘s even more determined now. That‘s great. I think she has the right mentality for this sport and she‘s such a great skater. I‘m only worried about her injury but if this issue won‘t bother her anymore... well, I can see her touch lots of people with her skating. I know that I, for one, was very impressed when seeing her live. And even a friend of mine, who doesn‘t know anything about skating at all, said Alena looked like she didn‘t belong in junior competition at all. When she stepped off the ice after the SP, she was like: “Was she at the Olympics this year? Why is she competing with these young girls?“ I had to laugh. She almost didn‘t believe me that Alena was only 15. Reminds me of when Ted Barton said the same about her during JGPF: “I don‘t think of her as a junior, I see her as a senior.“ She belongs there. I keep my fingers crossed that she‘s healthy and can prepare for the season without any interruptions. :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
30 kg???
Are you sure? sounds almost impossible to gain in such a short time or is it perhaps 3 kg?

I think what Nord Stream meant was that Alena‘s growing up. That‘s normal, she‘s done so all season long. Compare how she looks now to last year. She‘s matured like all girls do. I don‘t think it was right to talk about weight in such a way but it was meant to illustrate the point, I think. 30kg is impossible and I don‘t think that‘s what they wanted to say.

Nord Stream 2

Match Penalty
Yesterday we left Franco Zeffirellii.Read his memory. Alena did something for him, too. Two years ago there was heavy snow in Nepal. We were sitting in a snowdrift with a porter. Waiting for my brothers. I showed him figure skating. He said he only liked Alena. Remember she was riding in a red dress. Three times revised. Until the phone died... Sorry, I'm on the phone...changed the text five times

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I do not speak or understand Russian, so I am afraid the relvance of this clip as to “few talking about meaningful things” is lost on me. Cute kid, cute dog.:) I didn’t watch the skating because I am not a particular fan of novice skaters, I have enough trouble keeping up with seniors.

There is a thread about “Russian Ice Age Kids”. Is the clip from that show and should the discussion be there? :scratch3: