2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 129 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Is there any news about the programs of the new season from Panova, Mishin, CSKA groups?

Maju

On the Ice
Will we know GP assignments directly after the meetings or will they wait a while to release them?

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

Fluture

Record Breaker
The Olympic Channel has a cute new profile of Alexandra Trusova. She is such a cutie! When they are running along the street it appears that her younger brother has some athletic ability as well, too bad he didn't take up skating.
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/v...xandra-trusova-my-dream-is-to-be-olympic-cha/

I love this! She really is such a cutie, you forget how threatening she must seem to the other girls on the ice when throwing down the quads next to them. Thankfully, her little brother was there to remind us. "Tear everyone down. Into pieces.“ :rofl:

I‘m actually pretty excited for her senior debut. I may not be the biggest fan of her skating but I think Game of Thrones can really suit her well. I don‘t care about the TV series, (though I did start to read the books) so I don‘t exactly know what happened that made people so upset (I mean, I do, there‘s no way to live in today‘s world apparently without being overpowered by the outrage of people over the GOT finale) but looking at it from an outsider’s perspective alone and without taking the recent spoilers into consideration - Daenerys looks like a great character for Sasha to portray. She‘s headstrong, fierce and determined and built herself up from nothing. Her dragons remind me a bit of Sasha‘s quads. Difficult to master but very, very dangerous. With them she seems like a force to be reckoned with but without, she‘s still just a girl, like we see in this video. Of course, this is only a shallow comparison but I like to think of Sasha as the Mother of Quads/Dragons. It suits her. Besides, she also looks a bit like Daenerys with that long, blonde hair.

And GOT has great soundtracks from the few most famous ones I have heard, even if I don‘t know how Daenerys’ are and what exactly they‘re going to use. I think it will challenge Sasha, having to portray a specific character that people actually know and care about. (Because while The Fifth Element had a distinct character as well, I doubt it was as nearly as popular as Daenerys and GOT) She’s quite a good performer and GOT will fit right in with that. Depending on the musical choices, there are some pieces, though that would need her to work on her musicality a bit more (I know you can’t really work on that, you either have it or you don’t but what I mean is for her to listen to the music a bit more even if it might not come exactly from within as it would for someone like Anna for example) So, if she works on the artistic side a bit more AND pulls of her quads at the same time, she‘ll be basically unstoppable. Besides, there‘s also the fact that GOT is really popular right now and she‘s a cute, young girl with a dream to make it to the Olympics, so she’ll be relatable as well.

So for now: :agree: to Daniil‘s choice. I think it has the potential to become quite brilliant. Let‘s hope that he chooses something as great for the SP and the music cuts aren’t too weird. Good luck to Sasha for her senior debut! :clap:

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
Fluture, they have already announced the music - it is brand new, from the last season, called “the Night King”. The scene was awesome and breathtaking.
https://youtu.be/k1frgt0D_f4

When I watched it, I thought it would be great in a program and they announced it on the next day, literally! So I guess Dani or someone on the team is a fan who watches the premiere.

By the way, the music that they used for Tsurskaya’s program was my other favorite piece and scene and it was tastefully done.

https://youtu.be/pS-gbqbVd8c

Hope Sasha’s program works for her as well!

Fluture

Record Breaker
Fluture, they have already announced the music - it is brand new, from the last season, called “the Night King”. The scene was awesome and breathtaking.
https://youtu.be/k1frgt0D_f4

When I watched it, I thought it would be great in a program and they announced it on the next day, literally! So I guess Dani or someone on the team is a fan who watches the premiere.

By the way, the music that they used for Tsurskaya’s program was my other favorite piece and scene and it was tastefully done.

https://youtu.be/pS-gbqbVd8c

Hope Sasha’s program works for her as well!

Ah, yes, thank you. It was announced on here before, you‘re right. For some reason I just always think about GOT and think of Tsurskaya‘s music because that‘s the piece I immediately connect to it. Polina‘s program is still one of my favourites. But I just listened to a bit of Sasha‘s and I love it. GOT really does have great music. It‘s got a dark and somewhat brooding (?) sound to it with careful nuances. (talking about music is hard in English) There are also some quiet parts which I hope Sasha will learn to listen to and interpret. It will take a great deal of artistic growth from her but I think she’s ready for it. I‘m very excited for this. I hope Daniil and Sasha will create an awesome program!

Scott512

Record Breaker
I love this! She really is such a cutie, you forget how threatening she must seem to the other girls on the ice when throwing down the quads next to them. Thankfully, her little brother was there to remind us. "Tear everyone down. Into pieces.“ :rofl:

I‘m actually pretty excited for her senior debut. I may not be the biggest fan of her skating but I think Game of Thrones can really suit her well. I don‘t care about the TV series, (though I did start to read the books) so I don‘t exactly know what happened that made people so upset (I mean, I do, there‘s no way to live in today‘s world apparently without being overpowered by the outrage of people over the GOT finale) but looking at it from an outsider’s perspective alone and without taking the recent spoilers into consideration - Daenerys looks like a great character for Sasha to portray. She‘s headstrong, fierce and determined and built herself up from nothing. Her dragons remind me a bit of Sasha‘s quads. Difficult to master but very, very dangerous. With them she seems like a force to be reckoned with but without, she‘s still just a girl, like we see in this video. Of course, this is only a shallow comparison but I like to think of Sasha as the Mother of Quads/Dragons. It suits her. Besides, she also looks a bit like Daenerys with that long, blonde hair.

And GOT has great soundtracks from the few most famous ones I have heard, even if I don‘t know how Daenerys’ are and what exactly they‘re going to use. I think it will challenge Sasha, having to portray a specific character that people actually know and care about. (Because while The Fifth Element had a distinct character as well, I doubt it was as nearly as popular as Daenerys and GOT) She’s quite a good performer and GOT will fit right in with that. Depending on the musical choices, there are some pieces, though that would need her to work on her musicality a bit more (I know you can’t really work on that, you either have it or you don’t but what I mean is for her to listen to the music a bit more even if it might not come exactly from within as it would for someone like Anna for example) So, if she works on the artistic side a bit more AND pulls of her quads at the same time, she‘ll be basically unstoppable. Besides, there‘s also the fact that GOT is really popular right now and she‘s a cute, young girl with a dream to make it to the Olympics, so she’ll be relatable as well.

So for now: :agree: to Daniil‘s choice. I think it has the potential to become quite brilliant. Let‘s hope that he chooses something as great for the SP and the music cuts aren’t too weird. Good luck to Sasha for her senior debut! :clap:

I loved the video. Is the adorable assassin. Her attitude is to t tear opponents to pieces while we laugh at her little brother saying that she is very aggressive that's probably her attitude. If Sasha hits her quads as a senior it will be tough to keep her off podiums.

esteticlove

Final Flight
First brother: " I wish her to always win and to stay the same kind person."

Little brother: "And to tear everyone down. Into pieces. Into pieces." :devil::devil::laugh2:

Well, the first description is the one she appears to be. And the second.. ist just the Quad Queen we all know from competitions :D

Elucidus

Match Penalty
The Olympic Channel has a cute new profile of Alexandra Trusova. She is such a cutie! When they are running along the street it appears that her younger brother has some athletic ability as well, too bad he didn't take up skating.
https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/v...xandra-trusova-my-dream-is-to-be-olympic-cha/

There were some mistranslations, btw. I am not sure whether they were random or deliberate. For example:

4:16 instead "The artistic part of it makes the show happen" she said like "If you have only artistry, you should switch to ice shows".

karina17

Final Flight
Apparently GP assignments will come out around midnight (Japan time), so 15 hours from now!

(I'm off to school camp now...we better have wifi later today.) :pray: