2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 274 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Supernovaimplosion

Final Flight
Sasha's hair is so long it must take forever to braid her hair. :love: She must have really strong arms to be able to braid it all the way to the ends. :laugh:

Payako

Rinkside
Pretty soon, August 19-21 will be the Sankt Peterburg local federation Test Skates for KMS and MS level skaters (which disciplines?)

The organisator is FFKKSPb, not FFKKR, so I suppose only Winged Blades skaters will participate and there is no chance to get that last international assignment?

No livestream same as last season?Tuktamysheva and Samdurova may participate.If I remember correctly, there were Sakhanovich,Gulyakova and Nugumanova.Just wondering about Gubanova.

Scott512

Record Breaker
No livestream same as last season?Tuktamysheva and Samdurova may participate.If I remember correctly, there were Sakhanovich,Gulyakova and Nugumanova.Just wondering about Gubanova.

Hopefully they will all be there including Nastya. But if she's not training by now with her new coach then there's no way she will be there. .

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I hope there will be videos of the event. Please.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
The Russian senior test skates aren’t until, like, September 9th, right? But when does the Challenger series start? I’m guessing we have to wait until the test skates to see who’s going to which Challenger, but does that give the skaters enough notice?

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
The Russian senior test skates aren’t until, like, September 9th, right? But when does the Challenger series start? I’m guessing we have to wait until the test skates to see who’s going to which Challenger, but does that give the skaters enough notice?

Challengers each have an individual dead line for entries. Some entry deadlines for challengers have already passed. Usually the entries are announced a few weeks before each Challenger.

Reddi

Rinkside
Senior test skates are designed as a big rehearsal (and a chance to get some feedback on programs) for the national team members before the send-off. So, if a skater takes part in the senior test skates that means he/she is already assigned to some Challenger event.

skatenewbie

Medalist
CS Series start 12th with Autumn Classic and Lombardia a day later, 13th. Imo 9th September for test skate too close. Idk if Zhenya will be in Autumn Classic, going from Canada to Russia and immediately to Canada again is very tiring and she will be jet lagged. She only have 3-4 days to prepare for Autumn Classic...

tempo

On the Ice
How did Safonova do at her event? I’m guessing she was first but with what score?

Here are results:
http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Summer_SUB_2019/

64.17 for the SP:
http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Summer_SUB_2019/SCSUBO19_Senior-Ladies_SP_Scores.pdf

125.57 for the FS:
http://www.figure.skating.by/competition/Summer_SUB_2019/SCSUBO19_Senior-Ladies_FS_Scores.pdf

Total score is 189.74, which is 76 points ahead of the second place.

LiamForeman

William/Uilyam
Medalist
Here are results

Total score is 189.74, which is 76 points ahead of the second place.

I'm so happy for her. All these skaters put their lives into the sport, and though she's now a big fish in a very small pond, it still must be rewarding to be a champion and have opportunities to compete internationally now that she really would not have ever had if she stayed in Russia. I hope more and more do the same because it must be so deflating to train as much as anyone yet know you will NEVER compete for Russia at internationals, GP, etc. Their talent is not a waste.

neud

Match Penalty
I'm so happy for her. All these skaters put their lives into the sport, and though she's now a big fish in a very small pond, it still must be rewarding to be a champion and have opportunities to compete internationally now that she really would not have ever had if she stayed in Russia. I hope more and more do the same because it must be so deflating to train as much as anyone yet know you will NEVER compete for Russia at internationals, GP, etc. Their talent is not a waste.
Spots limits for a country is evil. Many good Russian skaters couldn't compete internationally because of it, while weak skaters from other countries are allowed. As a result, good skates are almost forced to leave Russia. Cui prodest?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Spots limits for a country is evil. Many good Russian skaters couldn't compete internationally because of it, while weak skaters from other countries are allowed. As a result, good skates are almost forced to leave Russia. Cui prodest?

Please don't get me started on this topic. It's very upsetting. I'm not saying smaller countries should be excluded they should not be excluded they should be included but not at the detriment to having the best a most deserving performers out there. When Canada for instance loses two of its three worlds spots for the ladies one of those should go to Russia and maybe one to Japan. I will never put figure skating on the same level as tennis or golf because in tennis and golf you earn everything you earned your ranking and it means something. Not so much in figure skating.

Doesn't the Olympics have like 30 or more entries for all four figure skating disciplines? They could certainly add another couple spots or offer wild cards to defending Olympic Champions who have maintained a certain criteria or ranking. But trying to get the international skating Union to do something to reward those who've earned it most is like spitting into the wind or swimming against the current.