2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 287 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

ruga

Final Flight
is this a show? if so i'm really confused why she left out an entire spin and some of the body language after missed jumps...the music is a bit one tone as well.
It was in Estonia where Mishin camp takes place so maybe some sort of open training. Agree about the music. Not much difference from last year, just less energetic. Even the singers are the same.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
It was in Estonia where Mishin camp takes place so maybe some sort of open training. Agree about the music. Not much difference from last year, just less energetic. Even the singers are the same.
Music is less energetic and tbh this was kinda boring to watch....

5Axel

Rinkside
The long one (Of Ice and Fame) was translated by RT, not me, if that's what you are talking about. :)
Nevermind. [emoji2]Thanks anyway (for other translations).
I'm sure you already know that every Russian who is willing to translate is highly appreciated in FS community.

To distract everyone from exhausting discussions about skating finances, here's Liza skating her free program: https://www.facebook.com/liuvali/videos/221902202068617/

Who did the choreo for this? And this is disappointing. It’s super empty, especially compared to the difficult programs of other RUS skaters. I guess she will never get good PCS scores, even with 3A.

Hopefully the SP is better! Excited to see it

Georgya

On the Ice
Who did the choreo for this? And this is disappointing. It’s super empty, especially compared to the difficult programs of other RUS skaters. I guess she will never get good PCS scores, even with 3A.

Hopefully the SP is better! Excited to see it

There are Eteri style transitions and japanese ladies transitions. I don't expect the first ones but Liza could handle a program like some japanese girls have. Her beautiful jumps would not be affected. I hope this FP is work in progress cause Liza would be hit again in PCS scores. Maybe her SP is more promising.

Happy to see Liza again on ice :)

Draculus

On the Ice
Fact: Except rumours and personal believes you didn't prove how Forbes faked those numbers. I made a amateur, flawed calculation based on what I could find online. My numbers may be wrong. But you didn't prove that Forbes numbers are wrong with facts - what you did was to bring into discussion how Alina lived and made assumptions based on that.

This is a weird logic. Without having access to Alina's bank accounts it is impossible to prove with numbers that Forbes is lying. Forbes didn't prove anything, they just claim. So it is perfectly normal to call it a fake. These are 2 statements with the same strength, with the same level of evidence, just 2 claims.

Imagine Forbes would claim that Alina has earned $100 millions. And ppl just call it a fake. Just the same level of arguments, but "fake claim" now sounds reasonable.
Why do you ask to prove claim "this is a fake" and do not ask to prove original claim?

Fluture

Record Breaker
To distract everyone from exhausting discussions about skating finances, here's Liza skating her free program: https://www.facebook.com/liuvali/videos/221902202068617/

Hm. I have to say I‘m quite disappointed. I will just hope and consider this a work in process. Because as of right now, it just looks... utterly empty. In general, there are two extremes of programs - Mishin style and Daniil style. And I have to say, as much as I complain about the half-second Alina Bauers... I‘d still rather watch this, at least something‘s happening!

Despite this, I will admit, I really enjoyed Liza‘s program last year. It stood out not because of the choreo but because she was so enthusiastic and her energy was captivating and infectious. I was hoping for something new this season but right now it looks a lot like copy paste of the few previous moves and a few jumps in between. Obviously, this wasn‘t the complete program, she skipped a few jumps and almost all the spins. But knowing Mishin, I fear that the only thing he will add are a few hand gestures and the rest of the technical elements...

Liza has many strengths and her jumps are beautiful and perfect. But she’d really need to work on her PCS, her skating skills just aren’t that good, her programs are empty and she’s slow. She loses so many points there and I just don’t get why Mishin hasn‘t realised this yet. We’ve had this system long enough now, most coaches have understood what the judges want. He doesn‘t have to exploit the system like Eteri does but come on... he deliberately risks having his students get hit hard on the PCS scores! Why would you do that?

At least she‘s going for the technical difficulty, that will make her stand out. It was obvious that the first two jumping passes are designed to be 3A+2A sequence and a 3A respectively with a 3Lz+3T to follow. That with her beautiful technique should give her a lot of points here. I just wish her team didn‘t completely neglect the other parts of skating...

Does anyone know who choreographed the FS? I‘m waiting for the SP because Shae-Lynn did it. I don‘t know what I could do other than hope that Mishin at least leaves half of the original choreo and doesn‘t completely remove it. :slink:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
He doesn‘t have to exploit the system like Eteri does but come on...

We have new grammar comparison:
Positive: gaming the system (2018) (edited thanks to el henry :agree: originally I've written "gambling")
Comparative: expoiting the system (2019)
Superlative: not invented yet, but I believe some smart brains are working on it overtime so could welcome it in 2020 :biggrin:

As for Liza, I don't think this is a final version of the program.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Positive: gambling the system (2018)
Superlative: not invented yet, but I believe some smart brains are working on it overtime so could welcome it in 2020 :biggrin:

I'm sorry, I didn't see in the OP where he used the term "gaming the system"? (Gambling the system does not exist in English usage, unfortunately, maybe it's a direct translation of a term not in English?).

"Exploiting the system", which I believe everyone agrees, fan or not, Daniil's choreography is designed to do is a very different phrase than "gaming the system".

And it has nothing to do with positive or comparative, again, at least in English. So I'm afraid I do not follow:)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Positive: gambling the system (2018)

I knew you (or someone else) would comment on this even while I wrote it. I debated whether to look for another word but as I was on the train with my stop just about there I decided to leave it, thinking: “whatever“ Clearly a mistake, as it seems. :laugh:

So, for clarification: I do not know if exploit is the right word, however, I meant it in a way that is not (entirely) negative, in this post it was actually more of the opposite. You see, what I think Eteri is doing is looking at the system very carefully and finding out every small opportunity to gain extra points. Can you call that exploiting? My non-native tongue would have said yes. So, while I have mentioned occasionally (or more often than that :p) that some parts of this “exploiting“ go too far for me and take the joy of programs away (like the half second transitions eg) I had nothing against backloading*. On the contrary, while I found it, in a way, understandable, it was still hilarious that the ISU basically went and made their own rule for 15-year old Zagitova because she was too good and clever for them (and did what they thought no one would ever manage when introducing the rule) and generally applaud Eteri for being... well, smart. I may not agree with her on a lot of things but she knows how to make her skaters win. Good for her, I‘d say. ;)

I hope this clarifies everything. Lesson learned, I guess, next time I won’t be lazy but explain it right away before I have to answer to some sarcastic posts. :shrug:

Going back to Liza: I also hope this isn‘t going to be the final version but I‘m a bit anxious. Mishin does a lot of things right but he‘s not someone whose skaters you can expect to have sophisticated choreography.

* when it was well done and matched the program, which it did in the two instances I can remember - Alina‘s FS and Aliona‘s FS. :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
I'm sorry, I didn't see in the OP where he used the term "gaming the system"? (Gambling the system does not exist in English usage, unfortunately, maybe it's a direct translation of a term not in English?).

"Exploiting the system", which I believe everyone agrees, fan or not, Daniil's choreography is designed to do is a very different phrase than "gaming the system".

And it has nothing to do with positive or comparative, again, at least in English. So I'm afraid I do not follow:)

Ah, so you can say “exploiting the system“? Thank you for the info! :)

So, I wrote my whole long explanation post for nothing. Oh well... :laugh: