2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 291 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

SkateSkates

Medalist
I’ve expressed this in another thread as well, but it’s so hard to predict JGP scores as they vary greatly depending on the panel, start order, etc due to the wide range of skill levels at the events. I would take all the scores with a grain of salt until the JGPF when the top skaters will be up against each other and comparisons will be apples to apples.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Anna Frolova

Anna Frolova has been added to the start list of Pervenstvo Moskvy, she is therefor back to evaluation for a possible JGP start it seems: https://sportvokrug.ru/competitions/6039/participants/
She is not alone in this respect, there are quite a lot of boys from Test Skates on the start list too, so one more chance to prove themselves.

There are several other skaters in KMS rank and about the same age or older in contention?
Registration to the final qualification moment is about to be closed but one probably has to wait for the actual competition to start to learn about the final line up, Sept 2-5.

Tarusina and Vasil'yeva are both MS, Master of Sports rank, so they are fine, but they are by all accounts no real competition for Valiyeva in the Chelyabinsk JGP stage.

Russia has such a deep field in every age group there always is something important at stake in every competition. Nothing is guaranteed, nobody is entitled, you need to proof yourself every single time.

SkateSkates

Medalist
Anna Frolova has been added to the start list of Pervenstvo Moskvy, she is therefor back to evaluation for a possible JGP start it seems: https://sportvokrug.ru/competitions/6039/participants/
She is not alone in this respect, there are quite a lot of boys from Test Skates on the start list too, so one more chance to prove themselves.

There are several other skaters in KMS rank and about the same age or older in contention?
Registration to the final qualification moment is about to be closed but one probably has to wait for the actual competition to start to learn about the final line up, Sept 2-5.

Tarusina and Vasil'yeva are both MS, Master of Sports rank, so they are fine, but they are by all accounts no real competition for Valiyeva in the Chelyabinsk JGP stage.

Russia has such a deep field in every age group there always is something important at stake in every competition. Nothing is guaranteed, nobody is entitled, you need to proof yourself every single time.

It looks like they subbed out the younger competitors 2007 and earlier in favor of the 2004-2006 competitors. But on the fskate page there is a different list 🤔

https://fskate.ru/results/tour/1818.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It looks like they subbed out the younger competitors 2007 and earlier in favor of the 2004-2006 competitors. But on the fskate page there is a different list ��

https://fskate.ru/results/tour/1818.html

Seems like it. The sportvokrug.ru list seems more authoritative to me, it has many more details, has the contact details of the head judge listed to enter non-Moscow skaters, is open for submission through a button and the administrator always complains about last minute alterations. Sportvokrug provides paid administrative services, the fskate.ru is a great resource in itself, but seems derivative while sportvokrug seems authoritative.

Plus ffkm.ru redirects to sportvokrug.ru for application of contestants: http://ffkm.ru/competitions/current/1185-pm2019

On a byline: both RusFed (FFKKR) and MosFed (FFKM) still have 'school figures' listed in detail with description and drawings and schedule examinations of young skaters, perhaps in their 'elements' competitions?
This in reference to the Inna Goncharenko interview https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?81995-The-Tutberidze-Effect&p=2435315#post2435315

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I have a feeling Trusova + Konstantinova will be @ ONT
Zagitova + Sakhanovich @ Nebelhorn and Kostornaya +Sotskova @ Finlandia.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I have a feeling Trusova + Konstantinova will be @ ONT
Zagitova + Sakhanovich @ Nebelhorn and Kostornaya +Sotskova @ Finlandia.

How soon after snr Test Skates does GP registration close for each event?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1VjX2AI9Z-/?igshid=45hjrwf17o1y

I don't know who the girl is in this video, but that combo is one of the most beautiful things I've seen lately. So much speed, ice coverage, height and flow. Simply beautiful.

Seems this girl in in the older age group training under Aleksandr Volkov? Sof'ya Titova perhaps? Seems like a normal size rink, unless I am mistaken??

Still, after the Tarakanova debacle, Plyushchenko's Angels have dropped quite a bit in my rating. And it seemed the young coaches that had Tarakanova under their wing are no longer around.
He can plug his commercial school all he wants, but so far it isn't mentioned in either FFKKR or FFKM directories of affiliated clubs.

Lots of pages still under construction, but here are the photos and videos: http://angelsofplushenko.com/en/foto.html

SkateSkates

Medalist
I wonder if anyone will go to the USA challenger? It’s at altitude, so will probably have a weaker field because who wants to compete at altitude 🤣🤣

Maybe Stasya- she will be in the US for the Aurora games next week and again for Skate America

colormyworld240

Medalist
With the JGP participants, has anyone mapped out whether second place finishes (and how many) would likely get a second assignment from the fed?

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I doubt that. Kamila only ever bombed one event (and early in the season as well), and while, yes, Maya never "bombed", she has a program of significantly lower difficultly. Kamila skating clean, even without the 4T, could score up to 210, while Maya, at most, could reach 200 (internationally). Now that Kamila has the 4T, the scores will be something like 220 vs. 208.

Actually Maya has basically the same base value as Kamila minus the quad. She could easily reach over 200 internationally. If clean - 69-71 SP, low 130s FS. She shouldn’t get low PCS. But Kamila’s quad is already stable so yes she’ll be hard to beat unless she makes more than one bad mistake

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
But it was 2A+3T+<<3T? I can't like combos with mistakes - even if first jumps were beautiful :slink:
That's on you ;)

And yes it was under, but that doesn't diminish the quality of the previous 2 jumps imo especially when they were like they were. Plenty of people would be jealous of them. :3

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
With the JGP participants, has anyone mapped out whether second place finishes (and how many) would likely get a second assignment from the fed?

7 can get 2 events and 1 can get 1 event
I predicted it like this:
Kamila 1 & 4
Maya 1 & 5
Alena 3 & 7
Daria 3 & 7
Ksenia 2 & 5
Nastya 2 & 6
Anna 4 & 6

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Actually Maya has basically the same base value as Kamila minus the quad. She could easily reach over 200 internationally. If clean - 69-71 SP, low 130s FS. She shouldn’t get low PCS. But Kamila’s quad is already stable so yes she’ll be hard to beat unless she makes more than one bad mistake

I agree, although I think that Kamila's PCS should still be higher than Maya's (assuming they both perform clean). Realistically Kamila's will be higher because of reputation and a quad, but I also think they should be a bit higher do to artistry. Maya is also musical, but imo not as much as Kamila.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
7 can get 2 events and 1 can get 1 event
I predicted it like this:
Kamila 1 & 4
Maya 1 & 5
Alena 3 & 7
Daria 3 & 7
Ksenia 2 & 5
Nastya 2 & 6
Anna 4 & 6

And I'm assuming you're counting Viktoria as getting the 15th spot? I think that is realistic considering she will be the third Russian at the Russia JGP and is at risk for third place (so are Ksenia and Nastya at Lake Placid). Although I do think that they might give one less girl two spots and give Anna Frolova one spot, especially if Nastya or Ksenia gets third or lower at Lake Placid vs. Alysa, or if anyone else gets a third (sad because I want both Nastya and Ksenia to get two spots).