2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 297 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Elucidus

Match Penalty
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kENx0WMmqw
Anastasia Shabotova test skates SP in Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIYs92s74nQ
Anastasia Arkhipova test skates SP (for comparison - since she is considered best lady skater there)

Also they say Shabotova jumped 3A in warm-up before FP - presumably successfully (they did both programs in one day). However there aren't any videos of it - as well as FP - at least that I could find.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I think Maya and Kamila have both the same amount of musicality. Watch how Maya holds her movements. All this hype around Kamila is putting pressure on the poor girl and shadowing other talented Russian girls. What reputation? Yes Kamila has a quad and a very beautiful one too but both haven’t even competed internationally. Maya got her fair share of titles last season including Cup of Russia final champion. I’m not big on this over hyping of one skater and not giving a damn about the other talented ones. I’m supporting them all and think there are wonderful things about all of them.
(Sorry if that sounds a bit harsh)

Oh I definitely think Maya is musical and talented and should be supported, I just happen to think that Kamila has more musicality (I think this is especially evident in that dance video with them side by side), and that Kamila has a better quality of movement. But of course thats just an opinion, and they're both musical. As for the reputation, I just mean that Kamila has become somewhat well known for someone who hasn't even competed internationally. She has performed in a good handful of shows, has 15k followers, and someone mentioned she has a video with 200k views. The judges are not immune to all this, and I think that whether its fair or not, that will affect their scoring of the PCS, as will the quad. If everything were completely without reputation I think they would be closer. As for the hype, I agree that too much can be damaging, but I do think Kamila is an extremely exceptional/unique talent and merits at least some of the hype. But I hope I didn't come off as ignoring/not caring about Maya, of course we shouldn't ignore her as she is very talented with some lovely qualities, both in jumping and in PCS. I was just saying why I think it will be difficult for her to beat Kamila, but of course anything can happen.

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
It almost looks like Kamila has a DELAYED rotation on her quad toeloop! Wowza :slink:

Happy Skates

Final Flight
It almost looks like Kamila has a DELAYED rotation on her quad toeloop! Wowza :slink:
ikr! I wonder what they will find to say about it this time.... :slink:. But in all seriousness, I can't believe how good that quad is! I hope a video of her full program from practice surfaces though, so we can see how the rest of the routine is progressing!

mathlike

On the Ice
Not really... I'm much more worried about Ksenya

Yeah, I'm sorry for generalizing. What I meant is Kamila is on a bit of a different hype level than Ksenya with experts, coaches and newspapers already crowning her 2022 OC and "Tutberidze's ideal skater". Certainly Alysa defeating her this season would hurt her fans pretty bad, probably ten times more than Marin Honda winning Worlds against Russian girls in 2016. Anyway - I like Ksenya, she is very artistic skater! :thumbsup:

SkateSkates

Medalist
Now that Kamila has a solid quad, I don’t think Alysa has any chance of beating her (barring a disaster skate). Getting +4/5 on all spins, and +3/4 on jumps and steps will add up against Alysa’s higher tech content. Alysa’s jumps, spins and steps deserve max +2. Not to mention the PCS gap that should exist. It might not exist until the JGPF, but when the judges see them side to side the difference will be more obvious.

katymay

Medalist
Yeah, I'm sorry for generalizing. What I meant is Kamila is on a bit of a different hype level than Ksenya with experts, coaches and newspapers already crowning her 2022 OC and "Tutberidze's ideal skater". Certainly Alysa defeating her this season would hurt her fans pretty bad, probably ten times more than Marin Honda winning Worlds against Russian girls in 2016. Anyway - I like Ksenya, she is very artistic skater! :thumbsup:

This year it could happen. But I don't see Alysa beating her next year. If Kamila can get a 3A or a second quad, game over. Alysa's strength is her fast rotation, not jump strength, and that will be a problem once she grows. She doesn't really have powerful jumps, some of them are very juniorish. And while Alysa has nice spins, nice jump rotation and personality on the ice, she still can't do a simple back crossover. The small snippets of Kamila today-well she skates like a senior lady. Nothing junior about her speed and flow. Kamila also looks so tall on the ice, although I know she is tiny-but her extension is gorgeous. Her posture makes her appear taller than she is. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the judging.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
With all due respect, I don't think it's Ksenya Sinitsina people in this thread are REALLY worried about. Deep inside they are all terrified Alysa may beat their greatest fs prodigy... :dev3:

https://i.redd.it/tyodi0sn53h31.png

Sleeping on Alena Kanysheva are we? She could well be adding that quad this season and we can’t forget her textbook lutz & flip. She knows how deliver under pressure in competitions too - like at JGPF. She could be added to the fight between Kamila and Alysa. Anyway, I don’t really like this whole rivalry people have set up putting immense pressure on these two girls. Let everyone skate their best for themselves and have fun :)

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
This thread should be renamed "Alysa's bashfest", because hat is what you guys have been doing for the past few months constantly. You guys are more obsessed with Alysa than anybody.

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
Oh I definitely think Maya is musical and talented and should be supported, I just happen to think that Kamila has more musicality (I think this is especially evident in that dance video with them side by side), and that Kamila has a better quality of movement. But of course thats just an opinion, and they're both musical. As for the reputation, I just mean that Kamila has become somewhat well known for someone who hasn't even competed internationally. She has performed in a good handful of shows, has 15k followers, and someone mentioned she has a video with 200k views. The judges are not immune to all this, and I think that whether its fair or not, that will affect their scoring of the PCS, as will the quad. If everything were completely without reputation I think they would be closer. As for the hype, I agree that too much can be damaging, but I do think Kamila is an extremely exceptional/unique talent and merits at least some of the hype. But I hope I didn't come off as ignoring/not caring about Maya, of course we shouldn't ignore her as she is very talented with some lovely qualities, both in jumping and in PCS. I was just saying why I think it will be difficult for her to beat Kamila, but of course anything can happen.

Have you watched Maya properly? Her quality of movement is better. She holds her stuff. But I still think Kamila is beautiful too and I can’t wait to see her improve & evolve. Kamila is a bit better in the jumps area tho. And that follower / view stuff shouldn’t matter towards her PCS at all but of course it will anyway [emoji849] yeah, I guess I just feel sorry for the girls who aren’t the ones in the spotlight. I should stop being butthurt and appreciate everyone [emoji28]

Georgya

On the Ice
This thread should be renamed "Alysa's bashfest", because hat is what you guys have been doing for the past few months constantly. You guys are more obsessed with Alysa than anybody.

Why is she even discussed here? This is not her fan fest:laugh: And obsessed is a very strong word :)

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Have you watched Maya properly? Her quality of movement is better. She holds her stuff. But I still think Kamila is beautiful too and I can’t wait to see her improve & evolve. Kamila is a bit better in the jumps area tho. And that follower / view stuff shouldn’t matter towards her PCS at all but of course it will anyway [emoji849] yeah, I guess I just feel sorry for the girls who aren’t the ones in the spotlight. I should stop being butthurt and appreciate everyone [emoji28]

I think we might be talking about different things with the whole quality of movement thing, but I guess it might just come down to a difference of opinion. I have watched Maya properly and I see that she holds stuff, but I still find the movements and positions that Kamila make to be more aesthetic than Maya. And don't get me wrong I'm not trying to bash anyone; I will say again that I think Maya is great, has great positions and is musical. I just think that Kamila is even more special; she has that intangible quality in the way she moves kind of like how Anna Shcherbakova does in my opinion. But maybe others see that in Maya. And with the whole follower view thing, I agree that it shouldn't matter of course. I was just talking about what will happen as opposed to what should happen. Anyways, what we can agree on is that both girls are amazing and should be supported, these comparisons are just details. Its interesting because I actually think Maya's triple jumps might be better than Kamila's, although Kamila has improved.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Simply astonishing. Kamila is an unbelievable talent. She didn't even debut as a junior on the international stage but there is a video with + 200.000 views on youtube with her :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfzV0TmScaE&t

Promising figures, but also a bit scary. Let's hope #TeamTutberidzeForProgress keep Kamila well grounded. They know how to deal with these kinds of pressure by their experience with guiding the 3A through their junior careers.

No one take this any other way than I intended it to come across, which is with respect for all the ladies jumping quads. But that quad is the only one I personally would call clean and not an over rotated/pre rotated triple so far. She does delay her rotation you can see it in the way she gets into her air position, it’s really high and it covers a great distance. The only problem is the full blade assistance, but honestly it would be an easy fix and if she dug that toe pick in properly we would probably see her get even higher into the jump, which would be unbelievable. I get that we shouldn’t be putting too much pressure on her, but if she keeps this up, and doesn’t sacrifice her beautiful artistry and extensions in the process, she might just be ‘the whole package’ as they say. :agree:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
With all due respect, I don't think it's Ksenya Sinitsina people in this thread are REALLY worried about. Deep inside they are all terrified Alysa may beat their greatest fs prodigy... :dev3:

https://i.redd.it/tyodi0sn53h31.png

Maybe you should notice who are those people who repeatedly bring this Alysa/Ksenia "unfairness" back again and again. Definitely not those who would see Kamila (or anybody else) as a "Tutberidze's ideal skater" ;)

As for me, I would say yes, it is unfair to put Alysa twice against the skater who was praised the most on GS for test skates, while Kamila was "not so artistic..." "rushed through the music..." etc. :devil: