2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 88 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Do you guys know why Trusova is “only“ doing 6 Triples in her FS? Could she switch the 2A for a 3F or would that be prevented by any rules?

If she does her 3 quad layout, that takes up three jumping passes plus one taken by the mandatory double axel. That leaves her with three jumping passes which she can fit a maximum six triples into (though she usually fits five into these three and then puts one on the end of a quad). In another scenario, if she does, say, two quad toes, then she also repeats the lutz and because of the zayak rule cannot repeat another triple, so she only has six triples in total to work with. She does do 7 triples when she does her two different quad layouts though.

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
Nice discussion was going on here regarding how various Russian ladies will stack up against non-Russian ladies in the upcoming season. :)

To keep this thread on the topic of Russian ladies instead of others, we have created a new thread where users can discuss how the top ladies will fare against each other next season: https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?80888-Senior-Ladies-Ranking-predictions-2019-2020

All posts about Rika Kihira and how Russian ladies will score against her have been moved there.

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I meant how is it judged, what's with the elements and stuff :)

As far as I know, skaters do two attempts each of a solo jump and a combo, with the best one receiving a score (BV + GOE) and the other one invalidated. Then, they do one spin and one step sequence, which are scored as they are in competition. No PCS is given, but TES is doubled to provide the final score.

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
As far as I know, skaters do two attempts each of a solo jump and a combo, with the best one receiving a score (BV + GOE) and the other one invalidated. Then, they do one spin and one step sequence, which are scored as they are in competition. No PCS is given, but TES is doubled to provide the final score.

And do you happen to know the purpose of those competitions?

Scott512

Record Breaker

Where Have you been young lady? This thread has missed you! It needs more of your passion and salient points.

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
But the posts are from the account of Ladu Design, I thought they were the designer. Did Evgenia design them and Ladu make them? I don't understand.
If the translation is correct than ladu said in a comment that zhenya designed them . Which means I guess she designed them and they made them

Yuna Luna

Rinkside
I was just wondering, how the Russian ladies should be distributed in the Grand Prix assignments. It would be a bit unfair if someone is left out of the final just because they get an unlucky field both times. e.g. if Evgenia or Alina have to compete against 2 or 3 quadsters in both of their events, they might not have a chance to qualify for the final.

I think that Sasha/Anna/Alena should be seperate from each other, and then Evgenia/Alina/Lilbet should be seperate from each other. What do you guys think?

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I was just wondering, how the Russian ladies should be distributed in the Grand Prix assignments. It would be a bit unfair if someone is left out of the final just because they get an unlucky field both times. e.g. if Evgenia or Alina have to compete against 2 or 3 quadsters in both of their events, they might not have a chance to qualify for the final.

I think that Sasha/Anna/Alena should be seperate from each other, and then Evgenia/Alina/Lilbet should be seperate from each other. What do you guys think?

The thing is, the people assigning the GP assignments are the federations who host the events, and they don't really care about fairness that much. Evgenia/Alina/Lilbet already will be separate from each other because they made up the worlds podium, but how Sasha/Anna/Alena are assigned will just depend on which federations choose to invite them. If everything were fair, I guess two of the 6 you named would be at each of the events (although how Tuktamysheva would be factored in is an interesting question). But there are also other factors, like certain powerhouses from other countries. Ultimately, its going to be hard to avoid quads at any event if things stack up how they're looking to. I think it will just comes down to who gets unlucky enough to be paired with quadsters who successfully land their quads that day. It will be interesting to see how reputation PCS factors in too though. Alina, as reigning world and olympic champ might be able to be PCSed above a one quad routine if she herself goes clean. The question is how far it will go - we haven't actually seen a clean Alina against a quad routine yet, and hopefully we will get to see this comparison next year.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker

Evgenia, Alina and Elizabet will be separate from each other either way. 1-3 World medalists are not allowed to be at the same GP.

Claudalie

Rinkside
Evgenia, Alina and Elizabet will be separate from each other either way. 1-3 World medalists are not allowed to be at the same GP.

If by Lilbet you mean Tursunbayeva, she represents Kazakhstan, not Russia, so she won't be thrown into the Russian ladies mix for qualification.

moriel

Record Breaker

I am pretty sure that Rusfed will try to spread their skaters, as they always do, so likely Alina will not be together with other top russian ladies.

My guess here is that at least Alina (rusfed got to give her the WC and OGM perks) and Sasha (JW gold medalist, tons of quads) will get at least 1 assignment with no other top Russian competitiors each. Then, for everybody else, it will depend on who Rusfed decides to prop. Its very likely they will prop Zhenya over other girls, so a fair guess would be that Alina, Sasha and Zhenya will have no chance to meet before final.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
I am pretty sure that Rusfed will try to spread their skaters, as they always do, so likely Alina will not be together with other top russian ladies.

My guess here is that at least Alina (rusfed got to give her the WC and OGM perks) and Sasha (JW gold medalist, tons of quads) will get at least 1 assignment with no other top Russian competitiors each. Then, for everybody else, it will depend on who Rusfed decides to prop. Its very likely they will prop Zhenya over other girls, so a fair guess would be that Alina, Sasha and Zhenya will have no chance to meet before final.

The problem with Alina not being with other top Russian ladies is that this year there's just so many top Russian ladies (I'd count the 3A, Alina, Zhenya, and Liza as top). Alina will for sure be at Rostelecom, but I feel like they won't put Sasha there just to protect Alina. I think Anna might actually be there choice because she's the national champion, but at the same time they probably could still PCS a clean Alina to a win assuming Anna doesn't up her layout by a crazy amount (which is still completely possible).