2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating | Page 90 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating

Claudalie

Rinkside
But that long program on Nationals had NOT been cream of the crop. That was skim milk, no matter how much you love Alina. So she was held up, cause the fed hoped can she clean up her act and she did in the end. They had not been so nice to Tuktamysheva. And many others.

I mean.... OGM did nothing for Adelina and Julia...

OGM did nothing for Adelina because as much as I respect her and like her she won out of luck, at the expense of Julia not skating her program clean and everybody was aware of it. I don't remember Julia being treated unfairly. On the contrary, she was the darling, who was given a green go at every turn but her continuous down-slide and inconsistency let other skaters take the top spots. Alina had ups and downs in 2018/19 but before winning the worlds she won 3 competitions and lost 2. She was not held up, she was exactly where she was supposed to be. The only discord of opinion was caused by Medvedeva vs Tuktamisheva decision where Rusfed were accused of bias.

Scott512

Record Breaker
But that long program on Nationals had NOT been cream of the crop. That was skim milk, no matter how much you love Alina. So she was held up, cause the fed hoped can she clean up her act and she did in the end. They had not been so nice to Tuktamysheva. And many others.

I mean.... OGM did nothing for Adelina and Julia...

Yes the long programs at Nationals and Europeans was not cream of the crop for Alina. But then she had a mini offseason some hardcore training was a new skater at worlds in Japan and it showed with a walk away gold medal tocomplete Alinas career.and that worlds gold medal meant her struggles at Nationals and Europeans irrelevant.

Scott512

Record Breaker
OGM did nothing for Adelina because as much as I respect her and like her she won out of luck, at the expense of Julia not skating her program clean and everybody was aware of it. I don't remember Julia being treated unfairly. On the contrary, she was the darling, who was given a green go at every turn but her continuous down-slide and inconsistency let other skaters take the top spots. Alina had ups and downs in 2018/19 but before winning the worlds she won 3 competitions and lost 2. She was not held up, she was exactly where she was supposed to be. The only discord of opinion was caused by Medvedeva vs Tuktamisheva decision where Rusfed were accused of bias.

Yes Yulia was the queen of the Sochi Olympics even though Adelina won Russia's first ever gold in ladies figure skating. I adore both and wish both were still competitive. But it's not the case and I understand why I and it's okay.

Alina is only human and grew a lot after the Olympics and it threw her coordination off of little bit and that affected her performance. But she adjusted and recovered and was golden at worlds.

Claudalie

Rinkside
Yes Yulia was the queen of the Sochi Olympics even though Adelina won Russia's first ever gold in ladies figure skating. I adore both and wish both were still competitive. But it's not the case and I understand why I and it's okay.

Alina is only human and grew a lot after the Olympics and it threw her coordination off of little bit and that affected her performance. But she adjusted and recovered and was golden at worlds.

Alina is phenomenal. She accomplished so much at such a young age. She mostly struggled with herself - her body growth, her self-confidence, a lot of unpleasant things that were written in the media about her - and managed to overcome her struggles and prove she is the best. Now that she has won everything, I hope she is of the mindset to go for the second round of sweeping everything all over again. She can do it if she wants to although it will be tough...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina is phenomenal. She accomplished so much at such a young age. She mostly struggled with herself - her body growth, her self-confidence, a lot of unpleasant things that were written in the media about her - and managed to overcome her struggles and prove she is the best. Now that she has won everything, I hope she is of the mindset to go for the second round of sweeping everything all over again. She can do it if she wants to although it will be tough...

I hope so too. It will be fascinating to see unfold.

Alex65

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Dear admins! Please open the fan fest for Maya Khromykh. This beautiful girl and the winner of the young CoR yesterday turned 13 years old.

Maju

On the Ice
Alina posted a story that says “I can’t wait for new songs” and a pic of Ariana Grande’s no tears left to cry. This is in reference to how Zhenya posted with the same words about Billie Eilish when Alina chose Bad Guy.
I hate this drama so much. It’s ridiculous and I thought it was over so I’m really not sure why Alina is being petty. I think this is so out of character for her because she’s so quiet and humble. I have to say Zhenya acted childish as well but why is nobody trying to be the bigger person here? I’m honestly quite disappointed. I love these girls so much and I hate this drama.

karina17

Final Flight
Alina posted a story that says “I can’t wait for new songs” and a pic of Ariana Grande’s no tears left to cry. This is in reference to how Zhenya posted with the same words about Billie Eilish when Alina chose Bad Guy.
I hate this drama so much. It’s ridiculous and I thought it was over so I’m really not sure why Alina is being petty. I think this is so out of character for her because she’s so quiet and humble. I have to say Zhenya acted childish as well but why is nobody trying to be the bigger person here? I’m honestly quite disappointed. I love these girls so much and I hate this drama.

I understand where you're coming from, but there's really not much point in wishing they didn't start/take part in the drama. I guess all we can do is hope that someday they'll look back on this and be able to laugh at how silly they once were.

And really, I can't blame Alina for being a bit salty, she didn't even do anything and yet she had so many people attack her, and all this happened on her birthday. She has every right to be annoyed. But I am with you on wishing the drama would be over.

Fluture

Record Breaker

Alina deleted the story, I think. There‘s nothing on her instagram anymore, only the Puma picture.

Maju

On the Ice
I understand where you're coming from, but there's really not much point in wishing they didn't start/take part in the drama. I guess all we can do is hope that someday they'll look back on this and be able to laugh at how silly they once were.

And really, I can't blame Alina for being a bit salty, she didn't even do anything and yet she had so many people attack her, and all this happened on her birthday. She has every right to be annoyed. But I am with you on wishing the drama would be over.

Alina deleted the story, I think. There‘s nothing on her instagram anymore, only the Puma picture.

This is it https://imgur.com/a/BoTKHj5

Nilf

Rinkside

Why should Alina tolerate bullying? Drama queens will think twice next time.

voolfee

On the Ice

This drama was created by Zhenya on Alina's birthday. And you say "Zhenya acted childish as well"? She is the only one who acted childish. Alina had the right to reply, she did it and she deleted it. Because she trying to be the bigger person than Zhenya.

sx98423

On the Ice

i feel like alina has always been pretty shady when she's fed up lol its why she's one of my favs.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This drama was created by Zhenya on Alina's birthday. And you say "Zhenya acted childish as well"? She is the only one who acted childish. Alina had the right to reply, she did it and she deleted it. Because she trying to be the bigger person than Zhenya.

I’m sorry, but This. Is. Baloney.

Zhenya did not create drama. Zhenya is not acting childish. Alina is not acting childish. No one was bullied, no one was attacked, no one is the bigger person, they apparently had a dispute over a song, and having listened to the song, yikes, who cares?:biggrin:

Both are World Champion skaters, both have amazing careers, and their fans should celebrate both of them, one of them, or none of them, without characterizing the skaters’ motivations or personalities.

:hap10:

melgirl25

Medalist

I think a lot of posters on here are actually acting childish. Arguing about who is more childish? I think it’s best not to read into the stories that people post on Instagram.

Claudalie

Rinkside
That song drama was childish from the start. If we no longer discuss it, there will be no more drama and the subject will be dropped, so let's ignore it because it's feeding on negativity

Vilord

Final Flight
Country
Sweden
Instead of discussing pointless drama over uninteresting songs lets look back at the season and all the good performances of the russian ladies. I will share some of my favorites down below. Dont feel ofended if I didnt include one of your favorites but feel free to share them as well.

Sofias euros free skate. The emotion after she finishes the last jump is incredible to watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bW65xKfyQY&t=278s

Anastasia T free at russian nationals. She is one of my favorite skaters and I think this was her best skate of the season
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_Ww7jFJgeI

Sherbakovas free at russian nationals and her 4Lz
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJPPVSvjIOw

All of Trusovas quads! I think junior nationals might have been her best but I may be wrong
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD7lsfVxudw

Kostornaia at the JGPF. I love both of her programs and this was probably her best competition to date.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAcgxEoM4pU&t=224s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1WAyOw2gjY&t=251s