Worlds and What Will Happen | Golden Skate

Worlds and What Will Happen

J

Joesitz

Worlds and What Will Happen

Just keep your cool.

Your favorite single(s) or team(s) will either win or lose.

If they win then you'll have a wonderful night and so on till the next competition.

If they lose, you should remember that they are still your favorites, and no dumb competition is going to take that away from you.

If everything is judged fairly, the best skater or team will win <strong>THAT</strong> night. And for the others: "Wait till next year".

Joe

B

Bleuchick

Re: Worlds and What Will Happen

I am going to sit back and enjoy this because my favourite skaters are now pro. I don't have to worry about hyperventilating, taking TUMS and hiding behind the couch.

wheeeeeee!.

R

rgirl181

I know what you mean, Bleuchick:lol: Now all I have to worry about is contract renewal time and (sigh) age.
Rgirl

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

"always in motion the future is." - Yoda

but I still sense that something screwy will happen... Speedy's really acting weird this year....

A

alicelouise

watch out

I have this terrible apprehension that this could be a repeat of sorts of the 1993 World Championships. Does anyone else have this feeling that an overwhelming favorite is going to have a melt down?:|

Currently, there are 2 disciplines with "overwhelming favorites". There seem to be many on the scene who could be the skaters, who come out of nowhere, to win it all.

Mens and Ladies are the 2 disciplines with overwhelming favorites. Both disciplines seem to have potential Oksanas. For the men there is Brian Joubert and Emmanuel Sandhu. The ladies have Carolina Kostner, Elena Sokolova(the Kerry Strug of the Russian team), Yoshie Onda, and Sasha Cohen.

I'd love to see a USA 1-2-3 sweep in ladies. That being said, I don't think it will happen. BTW does anyone wish the media would be quiet about a USA sweep? First of all it puts undue pressure on these ladies(they already have a lot of that) and I'm somewhat superstitious and it could be bad luck for them.

As for that 1991 championship, the skaters from the other countries were not doing their jobs. There were many, many splats per program. Nancy Kerrigan probably would not have been on the podium, with the program she skated in 1991; had the competiton been a typical World Championship.

K

Kara Bear

Re: watch out

Only one more day
*jumps up and down*
its my favorite time of year
yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

M

mathman444

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>"Just keep your cool.

Your favorite single(s) or team(s) will either win or lose.

If they win then you'll have a wonderful night and so on till the next competition.

If they lose, you should remember that they are still your favorites, and no dumb competition is going to take that away from you."[/quote]That is wonderful advice, Joe, and I am determined to follow it -- right after I slit my wrists if Michelle doesn't win. ;)

MM

K

Kasey

Actually, my favorite skater will neither win nor lose...my fave skater is Yagudin!

L

Lcp88

Yes, but the problem is my favorite team <em>won't</em> be back next year (Bourne and Kraatz.) sigh....
I hope they win
Laura

L

Ladskater

I just want Bourne and Kraatz to win the gold in ice dance - the rest will be what it will be. I hope Jeff B. does well in the mens and our pairs make a good showing.

Ladskater

K

KwanFan1212

I for one, only have to take Tums for ONE event this year instead of for like three events like I did in 2001 (Pairs-Jamie & Dave, Mens-Todd and Tim, Ladies-MICHELLE). :eek:

Anyway, I just want to see Bella & Patch skate two great programs (AND be shown on ABC!), Michelle and Jennifer R. to have 3 great skates, Tim and Ryan and Jeff to all skate great and do well, and for Shae & Vic to finally hear O Canada at the World Championships. :cool: I will take my Tums for the Ladies event and just pray that Michelle skates like she did at Nats: with joy, freedom, no pressure, and only for herself. The rest should fall into place there IMO. Good luck to everyone though!! :D

L

Lcp88

Uh oh, I have to baby-sit the night of B&K's Freedance!!!! Looks like I'm going to have to take extra Advil!!!
Laura

H

HamiltonBrowningFan

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>I just want to see Bella & Patch skate two great programs (AND be shown on ABC)[/quote]

yes yes yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heather... it's a wonder we aren't related! :lol: ;)

I'll bet they ARE on ABC... they're doing really well... and are N. Americans!

K

KwanFan1212

LOL, from your post to ABC/ESPN's ears Toni!! :lol: I hope they are shown Thursday night SOOOO badly!!! Come on ABC...don't be stupid! LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

And we could be sisters.....we think an awful lot alike! LOL ;)