Ice, sleet, snow, you name it | Golden Skate

Ice, sleet, snow, you name it

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
:mad:
My daughter was going to fly back to Ft W. today and I don't think the flight was cancelled but driving on slick streets would be bad and the airline is letting her go tomorrow. What a mess. After the ice, sleet, snow about everything is closed. Especially schools. The whole area has broken branches everywhere.
It's at least 20 miles to the airport and all those bridges are really the worst. Too bad there aren't many passenger trains running anymore. We've already had our high for today. It's about 15 out now. I think it is supposed to get windy too. Guess that will take care of the branches that are just hanging.

Smart decision to delay daughters departure! I wouldn't drive in those conditions you described!
Be careful whatever you do and I hope you thaw out soon!
We'd be under a lot of snow here in Jersey if it weren't so warm, since it's warm we're just getting rain...it isn't heavy but almost constant drizzle, light showers.
Everybody is saying we will later pay for all the mild temps we've had here of late.....I hope they are wrong....I don't mind a few inches of snow once in awhile, but when we get more than that, I can't deal with it!

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
The flight today ended up being cancelled. I am so thankful she delayed it. Now they have let her delay it until Friday. Boy, do I have a lot of huge broken branches. Many people have no electricity and we still have ours. So, I am truly thankful that we have ours. I don't have a fireplace. One of the things my hubby would not have. He hated fireplaces. I hope to get one if I ever get moved. Probably gas.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Guess I spoke too soon. Our electricity went off on the sunny day about an hour ago and we feel really thankful that it went back on. Suppose to warm up this week too. :biggrin: