What is wrong with Annie Bellemare of Canada this year??? | Golden Skate

What is wrong with Annie Bellemare of Canada this year???

chania36

On the Ice
Hi, I would like to know if someone knows what is happening with Annie Bellemare of Canada, we did not hear of her since a while, is she hurt??? injured?? or simply not sent to the Grand Prix events??? She is in the national team so I thought that we would have seen her, in some events no women were sent this year at the Grand Prix events.

doubleaxelcm

On the Ice
Annie has always been a bit of a mystery, and is a disaster in terms of consistency. I hate watching her. In fact I have never seen her skate a good program. Any time I have seen her, she has been falling all over the ice and looked terrible doing it. I'm afraid I've never been a fan!

chania36

On the Ice
Thank you for the answer, I did not know if she had retired or was injured. I am happy for her to have won the bronze medal on a Grand Prix event, maybe this will boost her confidence and next week when the nationals comes, she will be more consistent with her jumps. If only she could get the grip on her jumps, she is a natural jumper and she very often jump very high, I've seen her in person and in practice and shows and she is very capable of doing it. A case like Sandue

cborsky

Rinkside
Annie is injured right now, here is an article on her from the Vancouver Province Newspaper.
Injuries force Bellemare out

I really hope she can get back on track for next season. I've watched her train and I think she has a lot of potential. This must be so frustrating for her.

lise

On the Ice
I like Annie skating, but I do beleive she is worse than Sandhu in terms of consistency. IMO, her skating has not improved that much since 1999, her spirals and layback really need more attention. She's a lovely jumper, but presentation was never her strong suit.

Having said that, I had hoped that with the move out west, Joanne would have been able to help Annie with her consistency issues and work on those aspects of her skating, but unfortunately it has not. Annie would make a great show skater since there is less stress on the triple jumps, but in terms of competing, she's simply not a competitor. Her closest and best shot at the title was in 2001, and we know she imploded in the long. I'm happy that she still wants to compete and try to make the Olympic team next year, however, I hope she doesn't get too disappointed if she doesn't make it.

I'm sad that I won't be able to see Annie skate at Nationals this year as she is a crowd favorite. I do hope her injury heals itself properly and she gets back to the ice soon.

Lise

ceg15

On the Ice
I think Annie is a nice skater, but definitely not one of my favorites. To me she is just one of those skaters that don't stand out and aren't very consistent. But she is a nice skater to watch.