2019-20 Team China | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Team China

Moaray

Rinkside
Nini won the Gold with a nearly clean skate in the Asian Open!!!!!!
3Lz+3T 3S 3F 3Lo 3Lz+3T<+2T< 2A
TES:54.07 PCS:38.94
TOTAL:93.01

Waiting for the full video

DenissVFan

Medalist
Shoutout to Han Yan for his nice comeback and saving that SP. His jumps are some of the most beautiful in the world.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Um... Han Yan, I don't think he himself expected to end up in 1st after sp! Congrats! :clap:
Boyang, please nail your 4Lz :cheer2:

icybear

Medalist
Thank You Sui/Han for bringing life back into pairs skating. The pairs field would be so slate without their energy and commitment programs.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank You Sui/Han for bringing life back into pairs skating. The pairs field would be so slate without their energy and commitment programs.

The Pairs field is looking even weaker instead of stronger this season. Of course a big part is two of the top 5 teams in the world are either hurt or sitting out this season but without the young Russian teams it would look even bleaker.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Boyangman is back! So happy he took first! Congratulations to Han Yan, amazing comeback with a well deserved silver!

icybear

Medalist
Honestly there should be a 10pts gap in pcs between Sui/Han and any other pairs in the field right now. They make their elements work for the choreo and not let it look like a practice drill

icybear

Medalist
Really liked Hongyi skate today. She has nice arms though her body is a bit stiff. Her jumps have good distance and height and her rippons actually look good compared to a lot of what's out there. I doubt the judges have given her extra goe because of the rippon. But I guess extra goe for rippons only applies to skaters from select feds.

estla

Rinkside
From my observation, it's true. Someone close to Xiaoyu said she was tired of waiting, and she wanted to achieve more. While Hao said on Weibo that he would continue skating till 2022. I think there's some disagreement between them and between athlete and skating board.
It's all over Chinese social media now. I don't know what will happen next but I truely wish she could over come these difficulties.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Team China has no entry in Ladies, Men and Ice Dance for Junior Worlds due to the 2019 novel coronavirus.

Only two pair teams are able to go to Talin because they are training in the same camp with Senior National team with high level protection. Other junior skaters are in smaller rinks. According to some of the older junior skaters, they are not able to go to Talin due to the travel issue. Which means there will be only two entries each for Ladies, Men and Icd Dance at JGP next season and one entry each at Junior Worlds next year at Harbin, China.

Sui/Han, Peng/Jin and Boyang are in Canada right now to avoid the travel issue.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team China has no entry in Ladies, Men and Ice Dance for Junior Worlds due to the 2019 novel coronavirus.

Only two pair teams are able to go to Talin because they are training in the same camp with Senior National team with high level protection. Other junior skaters are in smaller rinks. According to some of the older junior skaters, they are not able to go to Talin due to the travel issue. Which means there will be only two entries each for Ladies, Men and Icd Dance at JGP next season and one entry each at Junior Worlds next year at Harbin, China.

Where are they training?

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Beverly (Yi) Zhu and Ashley (Shan) Lin are American-born but now skate for China. I thought they still resided and trained full time in the USA. They are both still young enough to skate ISU junior competitions, but not sure if either or both of them made the minimums in junior competitions in the last couple of years, but they could have been sent to a recent Junior competition to get them if needed. Point being, China did have a non-travel limited option for Junior Worlds in ladies.

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Beverly (Yi) Zhu and Ashley (Shan) Lin are American-born but now skate for China. I thought they still resided and trained full time in the USA. They are both still young enough to skate ISU junior competitions, but not sure if either or both of them made the minimums in junior competitions in the last couple of years, but they could have been sent to a recent Junior competition to get them if needed. Point being, China did have a non-travel limited option for Junior Worlds in ladies.

Yi Zhu still has MTS for Junior Worlds (SP 24.93 / FS 42.92, while MTS is 23.00/38.00) gained in 2018. This makes the situtation quite baffling. Not sending any skater when they do have eiligble ones in that discipline would mean giving up all the benefits of WJC participation (including more JGP spots, which are urgently needed as the internal competition in Junior Ladies is sure to intensify next season).

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice

China has 2 Pairs spots this year (see Communication 2266).