Things you’re looking forward to in the season? | Golden Skate

Things you’re looking forward to in the season?

Maju

On the Ice
What are you guys looking forward to finding out during this season? I’m really excited to see how the 3A fare out and to see Wakaba coming back!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm ready for the New Programs thread to get going.

Part of the fun is critiquing the choices before we've even seen the programs! :laugh:

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Wakaba finally coming back, hopefully healthy!!!
Alysa Liu making her junior debut. Looking forward to see her delevopment as a junior.
Rika's new programs and new program content!
Yuzuru Hanyu's goal of jumping the 4A. Will he attempt it and land it?
Will the senior ladies suddenly achieve a Quad and 3A over the summer as they have announced to be trying to train it :)

Fluture

Record Breaker
Only ladies right now because doing men also would include a whole list containing only Yuzuru Hanyu, his poor ankles, crazy plans and that 4A. (even though that‘s more of a kinda-scared-of-but-also-intrigued-by list) :slink:

- 3A senior debut

- Zhenya‘s new SP and her working with Averbukh again while simultaneously showing the changes and improvements she‘s made

- Alina with new programs and hopefully more relaxed and herself now that she‘s won everything

- Kamila Valieva becoming the new junior star

- what Kanysheva can do under Eteri

- Alysa Liu and how she will perform in competition against the Russian girls

-Rika Kihira and her new programs. I think it will be difficult to surpass the masterpiece that was Beautiful Storm but I‘m excited nevertheless

- Satoko Miyahara. Just everything about her. (Even though I‘m scared of how low the judges will get with her PCS next year...)

- Eunsoo Lim. No idea what she‘s going to do after the Worlds drama but she‘s such a talent and I want to see her bloom this year

-Wakaba returning.

And I probably forgot a lot now. :laugh:

What I‘m scared of:

Russian team selection and Russian Nationals. I feel like it gets harder every year.

Jun’s boots and Yuzuru‘s ankles.

Maju

On the Ice
Only ladies right now because doing men also would include a whole list containing only Yuzuru Hanyu, his poor ankles, crazy plans and that 4A. (even though that‘s more of a kinda-scared-of-but-also-intrigued-by list) :slink:

- 3A senior debut

- Zhenya‘s new SP and her working with Averbukh again while simultaneously showing the changes and improvements she‘s made

- Alina with new programs and hopefully more relaxed and herself now that she‘s won everything

- Kamila Valieva becoming the new junior star

- what Kanysheva can do under Eteri

- Alysa Liu and how she will perform in competition against the Russian girls

-Rika Kihira and her new programs. I think it will be difficult to surpass the masterpiece that was Beautiful Storm but I‘m excited nevertheless

- Satoko Miyahara. Just everything about her. (Even though I‘m scared of how low the judges will get with her PCS next year...)

- Eunsoo Lim. No idea what she‘s going to do after the Worlds drama but she‘s such a talent and I want to see her bloom this year

-Wakaba returning.

And I probably forgot a lot now. :laugh:

What I‘m scared of:

Russian team selection and Russian Nationals. I feel like it gets harder every year.

Jun’s boots and Yuzuru‘s ankles.

All great points and things I’m looking forward to!
Regarding Russian nationals... That’s going to be an absolutely crazy event this year. I can think of at least 8 girls who could be on the team (of 3!!!)
It’s safe to say this season is going to be absolutely breathtaking.

slider11

Medalist
Can't wait to see Charlie Bilodeau and Luba in pairs! Also curious to see how Alyssa Liu does this next season along with Bradie Tennell.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
In no particular order:

Liza T's new programs! (Can she pull off two 3As - one in combination in the FS? I hope so!)

Nastya Tarankanova - how will she go with her old coach? Will she actually skate to Believer? :laugh: ;)

Harley and Katia in pairs also T/M and Peng/Jin :)

Donovan Carrillo! Ivett Toth! All the skaters from the smaller Feds really.

Zhenya Med's new programs.

Yuzuru and Shoma

Ekaterina Rybova I like her style!

Plushy's Academy

Ted Barton commentary :love:

mrrice

Record Breaker
The continued development of the US Men. I hope they can ride this wave that seems to be cresting with Nathan and Vincent. I'd love to see a strong challenger for Jason who..IMO. Is the current #3

Following Plushy's Academy.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Uno landing that 3A4T. It is such a beautiful jump! I have a huge list of favs after just one year, but every time I see Uno skate it charges me with joy.

I am biting nails to see what is going to happen in Camp Russian Ladies, because I seriously can’t figure out which one blows my socks off. I will be looking for an opportunity to see RNationals because I just don’t think anything could possibly top that.

I might be the only person who looks forward to Junior Worlds - this year’s was so good.

Also, this past season the ‘substitute’ stories just impressed me so much, Gogolev at JGP, Sinitizina at JW, Lazukin at Team Trophy... I will be paying attention in the coming year again.

And, on a personal note, I am crazy about going to a skating competition live for the firs time since I was like seven or something like that. :)

Roast Toast

Medalist
Definitely seconding Satoko in singles. Every season she keeps topping herself and I can't wait to see what she cooks up this time to dethrone her tango FS. Currently she's the skater that excites me the most artistically. Oh, and I want to see new Yuzu programs. I found myself unable to get into his last ones if only because I dislike both Johnny's and Plushy's skating. They felt like a regression tbh. I don't know what I'd want to see from him though, maybe a ballroom program (I want a Yuzu tango at some point in his career!) or a full LGC/Parisienne Walkways-style FS -- wouldn't that be exciting?

In dance I'm looking forward to what the Russians decide to bring. They both had a really outstanding program each last season (RD for SinKats, FD for StepBuk), and another decent program. However, they aren't teams that are really known for their taste level, so one of them might produce a dud next season. If S/B come out with another mess like their Liebestraum FD it might be firmly second place for them nationally. Seeing them fight it out will be interesting.

In pairs I selfishly (and unrealistically) wish that S/H would go back to their BoTW FS so I could see it clean. I still believe it is/should be their best ever FS even though I loved Rain in your Black Eyes dearly.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
So many cool youngsters turning proper senior - not only the 3A but also Young You (? she's eligible) and the American junior men. For all the growing crowdedness of the senior circuit, all this fresh blood is exciting and sure to make some wild waves (ironic, since everyone's been around for so long, but now you're in prime time, baby!). New programs. Inevitable quad disasters, especially among the ladies lol. Can Nathan kick Yale's *** for another year? Will Rika ever manage to do two clean programs with her two 3As and one 4S? We'll see, we'll see...

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Uno landing that 3A4T. It is such a beautiful jump! I have a huge list of favs after just one year, but every time I see Uno skate it charges me with joy.

I am biting nails to see what is going to happen in Camp Russian Ladies, because I seriously can’t figure out which one blows my socks off. I will be looking for an opportunity to see RNationals because I just don’t think anything could possibly top that.

I might be the only person who looks forward to Junior Worlds - this year’s was so good.

Also, this past season the ‘substitute’ stories just impressed me so much, Gogolev at JGP, Sinitizina at JW, Lazukin at Team Trophy... I will be paying attention in the coming year again.

And, on a personal note, I am crazy about going to a skating competition live for the firs time since I was like seven or something like that. :)

i'm looking forward to jgps and jwords too. i'm just curious if it's true that the next crop of eteri's skaters is always best than the previous one :biggrin: or if anybody can break the russian domination in ladies, also i want to know what jrmen can bring, will danielian and nordeback improve? in seniors of course i want to see what my baby grassl will do

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Team Italy: I want to see how much Matteo Rizzo can improve, if he can take Javi's spot as a top european skater (artistically he's that good). Daniel Grassl second half of the season was really impressive, he has the technical contents to compete in seniors. Marina Piredda wasa nice a surprise at the WTT, she also looks ready for senior GP.

Anna Tarusina's senior debut: she has amazing performance qualities, never rewarded in Juniors, i hope she doesn't change coach cause things are going well with Davydov.

Mishin's skaters: they've all been so strong this season, now i want to see the growth. Liza is working on two 3A for her free skate, Lazukin on Quad Lutz while Sofia Samodurova on 3A. (she is also working with Canadian choreographer Malyssa Kae Lee and Ivan Righini on her new short program, i'm curious to see that)

I want to see Vincent Zhou now that he's working with Mie Hamada full time, and Alysa Liu's debut in juniors.

And obviously all things from Eteri and Orser groups, they have so many amazing skaters: Evgenia's new programs, Valieva, Samsonov and Khromykh debuts in juniors, 3A in seniors, Jason Brown quad sal, Lilbet triple axel,...

1904sk8

On the Ice
In addition to what was said above about singles

Russian Pairs: I am super curious to see what Marina Zueva can do with T/M. They have some of the best quality elements I have ever seen and if they can get a program which they are able to express to they can be serious contenders. I really enjoyed B/K and see so much potential with them, they are so young and extremely talented. Hope they can cement themselves as Russia's #2 next season. The battle between the Russian junior pairs is something I always look forward to. Cheering on K/I, they have such great personalities and their twist is amazing

Other Pairs: Interested to see how S/H follow up on this season's achievements and programs, hopefully they can remain injury free. I also wonder how much momentum J/C will have next season after this years worlds. Not to mention the never ending mess that is US pairs.

Russian Ice Dance: I think S/K have firmly cemented themselves as Russia's #1 but their programs are really hit or miss. I think if they have good content the judges will try to make a rivalry between them and P/C. S/B have continued to improve so who knows what they will do next season. Their programs too can be unpredictable but i think they will do well with next years RD. I am wondering if Russia will try to prop up both S/K and S/B or seriously throw all their momentum at S/K and hope they can challenge for gold. I also can't wait to see the juniors who have just turned senior (S/E in particular).

American Ice Dance: H/D are really a wild card. If they get good programs they can easily challenge S/K at least. If not, I think we will start to see their scores drop. They have been sloppy this past season but hopefully they can get it together. C/B are improving so much and I can't imagine what a full and uninjured season at gadbois will look like for them. I can see them challenging H/D next season if C/B get strong programs again. I think there will be a three way battle for the #3 spot between C/P, M/C, and H/B which will be exciting to watch

Canadian Ice Dance: Will G/P be able to follow up this years FD and overtake W/P? Honestly I am most excited to see L/L senior debut.

Everyone else: There is always the never ending battle of Spanish ice dance. I hope that F/G get more great programs this season. Also interested to see Japan and China continue to develop their ice dance programs. I wonder if P/C will go for something different this season and I hope to see some new lifts from them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Patrick's return to competition.

V/M return to competition

LOL... just joking around