Sasha's practice report | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Sasha's practice report

nuggetr

Rinkside
Piel said:
:rofl: There are a couple of exGSers over there that have had some lovely things to say about Michelle...NOT!
I don't know just what you are reading on Sasha's forum but from what I read they are very nice to Michelle and the other skaters..Very few negative statements about other skaters. That is why I enjoy reading them!!! :yes:

Jaana said:
Well, I sure hope that at Nationals Sasha will fully concentrate on her own skating only and doing it as well as possible. By now she should have learned to forget thoughts about winning and medals, and hopefully understands how to be relaxed but not too relaxed. To find the right degree is important, a degree that works for her in a competitive situation.
ITA. totally agree. The get Kwan attitude is going to get Sasha instead. We've all said that the only way for her to go it is to concentrate on Sasha's best and see where that will get her. More than likely a gold medal.

Joe

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Joesitz said:
ITA. totally agree. The get Kwan attitude is going to get Sasha instead. We've all said that the only way for her to go it is to concentrate on Sasha's best and see where that will get her. More than likely a gold medal.

Joe

IMHO, if Sasha believes that her best deserves a Gold medal no matter who else is skating or how they skate, then she is one conceited young lady.

IMHO, Sasha, or any skater, should believe that their best is their best, and that's all.

A skater should be only a skater, not a skater and a judging panel all wrapped up into one person. It's judgements made by skaters and their coaches about where they should place higher than other skaters that lead to the disappointments, etc. we read about constantly.

The skaters' best is the skaters' best, and that is all.

Maybe if Sasha was more pragmatic in her approach, she would skate cleaner performances.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
ITA, Chisk8fan.

Thinking about one's skating in comparison with others won't help at all. A skater should concentrate only on doing the best that he/she can at the start of a program, in the middle of the program, and at the end of the program.

That's what Shizuka Arakawa did. She had lost to Sasha all through the Grand Prix, and finished behind Sasha again in the Worlds SP. In the FS, she just did her "Turandot" the best that she could, and she won the World Championship.

Shizuka's FS so rattled Sasha that she stumbled right at the beginning of her program and then went on to skate the rest of her FS like a zombie. If she had avoided watching Shizuka's performance and just concentrated on doing in the FS what she did in the SP, she might have had a different result.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
The best way to win a competition, any competition is to "do your own thing" and not worry about what the other entries are doing. In "beating " others, you could very well "beat yourself"........... I know, easier said then done.....:sheesh: 42

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
gezando said:
Talkimg about ex. Some of the worst things said about Mk are from EX Michelle fans who have jumped wagon

Some of those EX's are the the same :rofl: .

nuggetr said:
don't know just what you are reading on Sasha's forum but from what I read they are very nice to Michelle and the other skaters..Very few negative statements about other skaters. That is why I enjoy reading them!!!

Right off the top of my head one of the STRANGEST was ..................."How dare Michelle skate to Tosca in orange?'' You would have thought that she had stripped in church or something, LOL. "Why can't Michelle retire so the younger skaters will have a chance at the titles?" Younger skaters is Sashafansspeak for Sasha to make it appear that they are genuinely concerned about Kimmie and gang not ever getting to be U.S. or World champ because of Kwan. You gotta love the thought behind that...if she can't win by actually winning then let her win by default. Another is the "Why does Michelle try to do Sasha's Charlotte? I think that a certain Ms.Oelschlagel would like to be able to comment on that one.

Linny

Final Flight
Ex's

LOL on the "ex" Michelle fans being the most radical Sasha lovers... ever meet an ex-cigarette smoker? Talk about radicals!!!
Linny

Fossi

Final Flight
hee hee! I remember when they all crowned Sasha the National Champion last year, right after the SP. :rofl:
I try not to judge all fans by a few, but sometimes the "CohenCrew" are too much. :p

ChiSk8Fan

On the Ice
Sasha Fan Forum

There has been a lot of opinion here in regard to the Sasha Fan site. As with many "speciality" fan sites, I have noticed it to be a place where the less mature fans can voice their opinions and gush gush gush (like the vomit that gushes out of a person in diabetic overload) in an immature way.

".......so and so is the BEST EVER!!!!!!!" ick ick ick ick

What needs to be realized by fans who will discuss on forums with others is that there is a huge difference between liking a skater the best and believing that the skater is the best. Then meaningful discussions can follow with a nice sharing of ideas, etc.

There is a big difference, and sensible fans, and not fanatics, understand this point.

For example, I like Paul Wylie, Robin Cousins and Mark Mitchell the best, but I will never say they are the best, excluding all other great skaters.

Personally, I don't mind the fan sites where youngsters (and oldsters, too) can go and rave about their favorites. It's fun, it's harmless, it creates comradship, it makes the competitions more exciting.

Its like school spirit. If I want to register at GOBLUE dot com, and post, "Michigan is the greatest, down with Ohio State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -- what's the harm?

Mathman

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Larry you are in sooo much trouble when Heather reads that! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Crizzy

Rinkside
Did Sasha really watched Shiz's worlds performance before she skated? Yikes, if so that can really psyche anyone out. Shiz was just marvelous that evening.

I don't know how Nicks can help Sasha out at this stage because they've been separated for over 2 years and she now has to learn to mesh what she learned from TT, Robin, and the short amount of time she trained (that fish training program) with Audrey together.

I thought that her best performances came out during the early period with TT. She was definitely rejuvenated during that time and her choreography was quite original and innovative. Her Rack footwork really impressed me. Don't care much for The Nutcracker, common Tchaikovsky two years in a row. :sheesh:

I hope Nicks will tweak that program some more, it has some similarities to her Swan Lake. I really believe that its her concentration and wanting that something too much that's gets to her.

gezando

Final Flight
Mathman said:
Personally, I don't mind the fan sites where youngsters (and oldsters, too) can go and rave about their favorites. It's fun, it's harmless, it creates comradship, it makes the competitions more exciting.

Its like school spirit. If I want to register at GOBLUE dot com, and post, "Michigan is the greatest, down with Ohio State!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -- what's the harm?

Mathman

It is not about harm, but IMO inconsistency. We observe trash talk pre and post competitions among fans and athletes all the time. So why should skating be different. However we observe something like the dismissal of Fumie's bronze medal worlds 03 as luck of the draw in QR being post in the official site, and fans go into overdrive in protecting their favorite, "she is always nice about other skaters in interview". They even put that at the door of Fumie, "if Fumie does not like it she should ask her agent to change it" How they make Fumie responsible is confusing???

IMO, if fans trash talk and their favorite failed to make the podium, then the dismissal of her competitor's accomplishment should never find its way in the 4th place world 03 skater's official website

Last edited: