Quadruple Salchow: Men | Golden Skate

Quadruple Salchow: Men

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Timothy Goebel (USA) became the first skater to land a quadruple Salchow (it was done in combination with a double toe loop) in competition at the 1998 Junior Grand Prix Final in Lausanne, Switzerland.

He is the 2002 Olympic bronze medalist, two-time World silver medalist (2002, 2003), two-time Grand Prix Final bronze medalist (1999-2000 and 2001-2002), and 2001 U.S. national champion.

Timothy Goebel.jpg

We have a ladies thread here.

Of the men, who do you think does the best quad Salchow?

Last edited:

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
When they hit it, I would say probably Hanyu or Fernandez has the best quad salchow (especially the one Hanyu does with spread eagles in and out of it). I'm also a fan of Tanaka's and Goebel's. The one Chen did at WTT was also excellent.

rollerblade

Record Breaker
Kovtun. The 9-turn before he finally takes off... gets me every time.

I kid, I kid.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Agree 100% :agree: Javier sometimes struggled with it but Yuzu hits it like 95% of the time, such a beauty:
https://youtu.be/h-7rZ4G1f0w?t=53

When he hits it it's gorgeous, but he hasn't had a 95% track record with it this season.

Autumn Classic: 1/2
GP Rus: 2/2
GP Finland: 2/2
Worlds: 0/2

Total 4S success rate in 2018/2019: 5/8 = 62.5%

It's odd he missed both at Worlds but hopefully he will be more consistent with it next season.

FCSSp4

Rinkside
When he hits it it's gorgeous, but he hasn't had a 95% track record with it this season.

Autumn Classic: 1/2
GP Rus: 2/2
GP Finland: 2/2
Worlds: 0/2

Total 4S success rate in 2018/2019: 5/8 = 62.5%

It's odd he missed both at Worlds but hopefully he will be more consistent with it next season.

I think it's because he brought the loop back. He talked about it in an interview once. It's like introducing two pet tigers to one another. :laugh:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I think it's because he brought the loop back. He talked about it in an interview once. It's like introducing two pet tigers to one another. :laugh:

wow.. then Nathan has a whole zoo of felines to take care of ..

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker

Hah that is fair. I know he prefers edge jumps but they're both quads and can be hard to focus on landing both. The 4L he did at Worlds was well done and good on him for landing it after coming back from injury. But unfortunately it was his salchow that cost him a shot of matching or beating Chen at Worlds, and he will need it back on form/consistency if Chen adds more difficulty as they head into the next season/the next Olympics.

- - - Updated - - -

wow.. then Nathan has a whole zoo of felines to take care of ..

:laugh2: