Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: All-time Favorite ice dance teams?

  1. #41
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    71

    8 Not allowed!
    Torvil and Dean are out of this world. I cannot imagine anyone coming even remotely close to them ever, like seriously.

  2. #42
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    16
    Country: United States of America

    10 Not allowed!
    Torvill & Dean take the first five places on my list. Who am I kidding, they're the whole list. It makes me sad that there are younger skating fans who don't understand how they changed the sport and raised the bar.

  3. #43
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    3,728
    Country: United States of America

    3 Not allowed!
    I predict that in 10 years time, everyone will have this pairing on their list of all time favorites:

    Carreira and Ponomarenko.

    I think there is more potential for greatness - the chance for legendary status - from them than any team currently competing.

    They are young and ambitious, well-coached, do a lot of different styles of dance very well, improving at a phenomenal rate.

    And he, in particular, has off-the-charts charisma on the ice.

  4. #44
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    265
    Country: United Kingdom

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    I predict that in 10 years time, everyone will have this pairing on their list of all time favorites:

    Carreira and Ponomarenko.

    I think there is more potential for greatness - the chance for legendary status - from them than any team currently competing.

    They are young and ambitious, well-coached, do a lot of different styles of dance very well, improving at a phenomenal rate.

    And he, in particular, has off-the-charts charisma on the ice.
    I agree they have so much potential.They look great together and are improving every season.

  5. #45
    GS Supporter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    9,404

    3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elbkup View Post
    Adding Naomi L and Peter T. .
    I'd add Roca and Sur.

    Do I think both teams are all time greats? No. BUT both teams were screwed over so many times by the judges that you would think you were watching the ID equivalent of a porn film.

  6. #46
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    74

    5 Not allowed!
    T/D, V/M and P/C because they really changed the sport when they came on the scene.

    Usova/Zhulin
    The Duscheneys

    Bourne/Kraatz
    Annassina/Peizarat

    Denkova/Staviski
    Dubreuil/Lauzon

    Pechelat/Bourzat
    Davis/White
    Cappellini /Lanotte
    Shibs
    Ilinykh/Katsalapov

    Of those competing right now my faves are Stepanova/Bukin/Fournier/Sorenson and Chock Bates. Although I also really like H/D (with the right programme), W/P, G/P, S/K, F/G, Z/G and H/B. There really are just so many enjoyable teams at the moment!

  7. #47
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    27,464
    Country: United States of America

    4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsAngel2 View Post
    Torvill & Dean take the first five places on my list. Who am I kidding, they're the whole list. It makes me sad that there are younger skating fans who don't understand how they changed the sport and raised the bar.
    This is why we have a Retired Great fan fest for them.
    https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...ristopher-Dean

    At this point, the videos only go from 1978 to 2000, but I am in the process of finishing the most recent 20 years of their career. There is the whole of their DOI performances to add.

    Yes, they are my all-time favorites.

  8. #48
    Bona Fide Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,149
    Country: United States of America

    3 Not allowed!
    Torvill & Dean
    Blumberg & Seibert
    Klimova & Ponomorenko

    Davis & White

  9. #49
    On the Ice StephenGfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    482

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by MCsAngel2 View Post
    Torvill & Dean take the first five places on my list. Who am I kidding, they're the whole list. It makes me sad that there are younger skating fans who don't understand how they changed the sport and raised the bar.
    Each generation has their own idols, to the older crowd, it's Torvill/dean to us its Tessa/Scott.

  10. #50
    On the Ice StephenGfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    482

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Claudalie View Post
    Torvil and Dean are out of this world. I cannot imagine anyone coming even remotely close to them ever, like seriously.
    Not really well to younger fans anyway. They were slower and less interesting than their Soviet rivals to us. I think the older skating fans have this nostalgia for them that younger fans including myself don't see.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •