Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Great Villain Programs in Figure Skating

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elektra blue View Post
    i couldn't care less as well, but i wasn't talking about my reaction it's the topic that is sensitive, trying to corrupt souls is not(i mean, on this very forum we were discussing on whether it's approriate or not using as a theme a recent historical tragedy). i hate censorship, i wouldn't ban anything (within reason) and sometimes i think nowadays we overreact to too many things, but i can understand that skaters and teams might want to avoid any unnecessary controversy . besides on stage scarpia is one of the characters in a greater context and is functional to the story
    I know what you mean and the discussions you're referring to.
    But I'm actually a huge fan of Trusova's Big Spender program, so it's quite clear what I think about that.
    Not that I think Big Spender should be associated with a 13 year old girl, but the program itself was actually really good.
    The best she's had so far IMHO and much better than most of the other programs that season that were more age appropriate.

OK, back to villains!

GS Supporter

7 Not allowed!
    Thank you thank you thank you. What a fantastic idea for a thread. And thank you everyone who has posted links to these programs.

Please note, skaters, choreographers, coaches and ESPECIALLY judges: there is more to figure skating life than yet ANOTHER mushy quasi-romantic program. Or pretty just for the sake of prettiness.

ETA: One of the reasons G/P's Hitchcock program is one of my all time favorites is because it actually has very interesting things to say not only about women as victims of male violence, but about what can and often be an exploitative relationship between (male) "artist" and (female) "muse." Plus Paul just evokes the essence of Anthony Perkins in Psycho to such perfection it's downright creepy--in a good way. A very good way.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you. What a fantastic idea for a thread. And thank you everyone who has posted links to these programs.

Please note, skaters, choreographers, coaches and ESPECIALLY judges: there is more to figure skating life than yet ANOTHER mushy quasi-romantic program. Or pretty just for the sake of prettiness.

ETA: One of the reasons G/P's Hitchcock program is one of my all time favorites is because it actually has very interesting things to say not only about women as victims of male violence, but about what can and often be an exploitative relationship between (male) "artist" and (female) "muse." Plus Paul just evokes the essence of Anthony Perkins in Psycho to such perfection it's downright creepy--in a good way. A very good way.
    I think villain programs could work particularly well in Ice Dance, I don’t know enough ID programs to know what’s out there.

But my pet peeve in ID is fake sex “get a room” programs, so good villains would certainly be different. I’ll need to look up “Hitchcock”. That’s the kind of villainy I could get into: scary but not for me, outré. And I was scared to death by Psycho

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    I think villain programs could work particularly well in Ice Dance, I don’t know enough ID programs to know what’s out there.

But my pet peeve in ID is fake sex “get a room” programs, so good villains would certainly be different. I’ll need to look up “Hitchcock”. That’s the kind of villainy I could get into: scary but not for me, outré. And I was scared to death by Psycho
    LOL, I will now have to add "get a room programs" to "Montreal Mush" when I do Dance recaps, because it is SPOT ON. Heck, H/D have made a career out of them...

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    LOL, I will now have to add "get a room programs" to "Montreal Mush" when I do Dance recaps, because it is SPOT ON. Heck, H/D have made a career out of them...
    Ha, ha. ... off topic, but surely the top Get a Room program is Klimova Ponomorenko free dance at Albertville?

。*:.*'<3

5 Not allowed!
    Ooh, this is pairs, not ice dance, but here's Zabiiako and Enbert's Alexander Nevsky SP. She represents the Livonian Order, so whether or not the character counts as a villain might depend on who you ask, but I think the vast majority of Orthodox Russians would say that she definitely does.

And for historical context:
    The Battle on the Ice
    Alexander Nevsky

GS Supporter

4 Not allowed!
    Yi Christy Leung's Breath of Life was one of my favorites from this season. I believe she portrayed the evil Queen.
    https://youtu.be/gyS1-ApOAxQ

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    Yi Christy Leung's Breath of Life was one of my favorites from this season. I believe she portrayed the evil Queen.
    https://youtu.be/gyS1-ApOAxQ
    i could i forget my evil queen??? she was stunning!

"I came to break the wall that rose around you..." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jz3cghZDoa0

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ic3Rabbit View Post
    Thanks you can always depend on Piper and Paul for original programs, even villainous ones

"I came to break the wall that rose around you..." Ic3Rabbit's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Thanks you can always depend on Piper and Paul for original programs, even villainous ones
    I've always loved that they have been "different" from the start. Very refreshing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234