Punching out boots | Golden Skate

Punching out boots

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
If you punch out boots. Let's say Risport.. And don't wear them for while.. Do they revert back to original shape? Thinking no here.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
If you punch out boots. Let's say Risport.. And don't wear them for while.. Do they revert back to original shape? Thinking no here.

Mostly, yes. The newer style boots won't as much as older more classic leather styles. But even if you do wear them often you have to go back from time to time to get them re-punched. I do often. :)

ETA: one pair of my boots are Risport.

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
Mostly, yes. The newer style boots won't as much as older more classic leather styles. But even if you do wear them often you have to go back from time to time to get them re-punched. I do often. :)

ETA: one pair of my boots are Risport.

Thanks Ic3Rabbit!

Sam L

Medalist
My old Jackson’s stayed punched out the whole time without losing shape. I have Risport now but I haven’t had to punch them out so I can’t say. They fit my feet like a glove. :love:

SmallAminal

On the Ice
We did experience a bit of snap-back when punching the RF3 Pros. My understanding is that if you really want your boots to stay stretched, the tech has to keep them overnight and use a stretching machine ( at least with leather).

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
We did experience a bit of snap-back when punching the RF3 Pros. My understanding is that if you really want your boots to stay stretched, the tech has to keep them overnight and use a stretching machine ( at least with leather).

Thanks for the info!!

1111bm

Final Flight
I've had my Jackson boots (stiffness 55 per Jackson's scale) punched out 3,5 years ago and I would say that they stayed that way to this day (I had them heat-molded first, but that shouldn't make a difference).
I have a two month break every summer, but other than that I skate in them regularly and never take more than a 10 day break. Although I had to take a 5 month break the first year I bought them, and they still stayed punched out.

ETA: Now that I think about it, maybe having them heat-molded first does make a difference and give it a longer lifespan? Because you'll already and up with an indentation in the ankle area, the punching out will only deepen it even more...

Vicki7

On the Ice
I had to have my old Edea Overtures punched out, they seemed to stay that way afterwards. Not had to do that in my Jackson Debuts so can't compare between the two (the Edeas left nowhere for my baby toes to live :()

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I've had my Jackson boots (stiffness 55 per Jackson's scale) punched out 3,5 years ago and I would say that they stayed that way to this day (I had them heat-molded first, but that shouldn't make a difference).
I have a two month break every summer, but other than that I skate in them regularly and never take more than a 10 day break. Although I had to take a 5 month break the first year I bought them, and they still stayed punched out.

ETA: Now that I think about it, maybe having them heat-molded first does make a difference and give it a longer lifespan? Because you'll already and up with an indentation in the ankle area, the punching out will only deepen it even more...

Thanks for sharing [emoji4]

Curlygirly81

On the Ice
I had to have my old Edea Overtures punched out, they seemed to stay that way afterwards. Not had to do that in my Jackson Debuts so can't compare between the two (the Edeas left nowhere for my baby toes to live :()

Good to know! Thanks [emoji4]