Hiwatashi comes to 2019-20 season with renewed confidence | Golden Skate

Hiwatashi comes to 2019-20 season with renewed confidence

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The skater, who is coached by Christy Krall and Damon Allen, plans to continue working on a second quad for next season. Although he’s toying with the quad Lutz, his second jump will more than likely be a solo quad toe.

“I’m not actually able to land it yet (Lutz). I’m not like Nathan (Chen) or Vincent (Zhou), I’m just taking baby steps,” he explained. “I really love how Jason (Brown) and Yuzuru (Hanyu) skate. There are many styles to many people, and the way Nathan and Vincent does it, it matches their style, and the way Jason and Yuzuru does it, it matches their style, too. The way I’m trying to go is slowly take my step into the quad and focus on my skating skills and presentation that I’ve always been kind of lacking. It’s really nothing that can be done fast.”
More...

New FS to Petrushka where he portrays a puppet! :dance:

Last edited:

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Thanks for this article! I’ve always thought Petrushka would be a fantastic choice for the right skater, and I have the feeling Tomoki will do a great job with it. :)

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think Petrushka could really work for Tomoki.

I love that he is working on finding his own style, he has grown so much already in that regard from a few years ago. It's a journey worth taking :cool:

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So many great quotes from Tomoki in this article! His words seem to tumble out, and I get such a sense of his personality from reading this. It's sort of like an extension of the sense of his personality that I got from watching him skate.

I love that he said he wants to work on expression.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Great interview...
Very down to earth, honest.
Love his FS music choice!! Now for the short...

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Enjoyed the interview. Petrushka intrigues me! Can't wait to see a Stravinsky program. Very happy to hear that he believes in playing his own game, not trying to be someone else. Good for him for taking it slowly on the quads and prioritizing his skating skills.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
He was SO impressive @ US Nationals! May he continue to have great success! :luv17: :hap10: :cheer: