Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Kutovoi is on the podium, big redemption on the free, i'm happy for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuWIbSqBGWs

What a Talent, good debut on the junior grand prix.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Andrei, wow! What a kid....

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    Ted Barton was great in capturing the feeling from Kutovois skate. He said that he hasnt seen such a junior men athlete with such performance skill 6 years now in the junior circuit. Indeed , it is the first time i see this boy skating and in the sp i just couldnt believe that he hears so well the music and his soul is completely naked to the spectators. And he is a boy , meaning that most of the boys nowadays continue to grow up with the thing that boys do not show emotions. Does anyone know if he is been assigned to a next jgp ?? 3rd place is a good one.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kallirroe View Post
    Does anyone know if he is been assigned to a next jgp ?? 3rd place is a good one.
    He is an alternate for Riga and Gdansk. Both he and Egor are in a wait and see. The next 3 JGPs has 7 guys. Then there are only 6 spots left. So depending on what the next 7 guys do, Andrei (and Egor) may or may not get another assignment.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyRose View Post
    He is an alternate for Riga and Gdansk. Both he and Egor are in a wait and see. The next 3 JGPs has 7 guys. Then there are only 6 spots left. So depending on what the next 7 guys do, Andrei (and Egor) may or may not get another assignment.
    That will be really sad , we shall wait and hope for the best for all the russian boys

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolstoj View Post
    Kutovoi is on the podium, big redemption on the free, i'm happy for him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuWIbSqBGWs

What a Talent, good debut on the junior grand prix.
    Wow, such a pleasant surprise! His skating touched my heart in a way the other wonder kid of Russian skating didn't succeed. It will be so fascinating to see both growing into adult skaters!

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    considering the way russian men's are ... I think a 3rd place can give him an almost certain 2 jgp

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisa View Post
    considering the way russian men's are ... I think a 3rd place can give him an almost certain 2 jgp
    i was thinking the same the other medal contenders are Samsonov (allegedly), Gumennik and Danielian

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elektra blue View Post
    i was thinking the same the other medal contenders are Samsonov (allegedly), Gumennik and Danielian
    Mozalev, Lutfullin and Yablokov?

Why is Samsonov allegedly? I really want to know since I don't watch him (way too small), just read what others write

That's 6 guys right there. I do expect Lutfullin to medal next week. Sato and Gogolev will be hard but the other guys he should be able to handle.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567