2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2019-20 Russian Men's figure skating

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I would hope someone else gets a chance in 2022 anyway. He had his opportunity and completely blew it.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
I would hope someone else gets a chance in 2022 anyway. He had his opportunity and completely blew it.

You just reminded me when the fed. had him skate the long in the team event even after totally bombing the short (demolishing Russia's chance for gold!) and that as a result Dmitri Aliev has no Olympic medal. Thanks a lot

TA91

Rinkside

Well hopefully somebone will step up soon, because everyone else seems to be flopping under him as well; ie. 2018, 2019 Worlds and 19 Nationals

linkintank

Rinkside
Is Kolyada even going to make it to 2022? He was sick half of last season too and in the end it hurt him badly

I highly doubt he can last that long not because he doesn't have the talent but because he's getting worse year after year. He's had one good competition in his whole career and that was that first Worlds when he finished 4th. His quad toe is hit or miss, he's had issues with the axel and popping, he doesn't have a flip jump and that three jump combo gives him issues.

Ultimately, I think, it's not going to be that he won't be skating in 2022 it's that another two or three guys will likely beat him. The talent pool in Russia is slim but there are some guys that are starting to hit quads and or have routines that maximize their scores.

Ignatov did a quad toe and a quad sal, Gumennik does quad salchows and is trying a quad lutz plus he has a triple lutz triple loop combo, Samsonov has potential and then there is the older guard Aliev, Samarin, Voronov, etc.

Artemisa

Final Flight
Except they all tend to do well as juniors. Then they get to seniors and it all goes downhill

Not exactly... it's have been years that russian men can walk easily to the podium or not bomb one of the programs (not like women or pairs or even dance)... I'm happy about the results of both men in the SP ... two weeks in a row :yahoo:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I highly doubt he can last that long not because he doesn't have the talent but because he's getting worse year after year. He's had one good competition in his whole career and that was that first Worlds when he finished 4th. His quad toe is hit or miss, he's had issues with the axel and popping, he doesn't have a flip jump and that three jump combo gives him issues.

Ultimately, I think, it's not going to be that he won't be skating in 2022 it's that another two or three guys will likely beat him. The talent pool in Russia is slim but there are some guys that are starting to hit quads and or have routines that maximize their scores.

Ignatov did a quad toe and a quad sal, Gumennik does quad salchows and is trying a quad lutz plus he has a triple lutz triple loop combo, Samsonov has potential and then there is the older guard Aliev, Samarin, Voronov, etc.

Not sure how Aliev and Samarin are lumped in the same group as Voronov who is over a decade older then both of them. I doubt Voronov will be a factor in 2022 if he is then Russia has a problem relying on a 35 year old for Beijing.

klena

On the Ice
Cup of Russia, 1st stage

Top 3, FP
1. Vladimir Samoylov 196.53 (4Lz, 3A, 4S+3T, 4S) :thumbsup:
2. Sergey Voronov 167.19
3. Egor Murashov 150.20

Top 3, Total score
1. Vladimir Samoylov 268.37
2. Sergey Voronov 263.75
3. Egor Murashov 231.79

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Well, Dmitri just did a very good SP at Nepela, so glad he landed all his stuff--after last year, that's exactly what he needed. Hopefully he's back on track. Let's see what happens in the FS.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Well, Dmitri just did a very good SP at Nepela, so glad he landed all his stuff--after last year, that's exactly what he needed. Hopefully he's back on track. Let's see what happens in the FS.

I believe it was the first time he has ever cracked 100 points in the SP!!!! :yahoo: Also if I'm not mistaken the first real clean SP he's done since the Olympics too :cool:

fingers crossed for the FS :pray:

starla16

Medalist
Samsonov is the hope of russia. already making records in juniors I wont bank on Aliev or Kolyada as both are inconsistent.
Samarin only has jumps and not very stable either.