Elena Ilinykh to appear in a ballet in London next week | Golden Skate

Elena Ilinykh to appear in a ballet in London next week

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
She will play a Tsarina in "Rasputin" at the London Palladium. Rasputin will be played by none other than Sergei Polunin. What I wouldn't do to see this! Londoners, you are lucky. The dates are May 31 and June 1.

happycamper2554

On the Ice
Clearly she's ok with it or she thinks he put it behind him. Either way they seem happy which is nice. I was hoping for a return from her but this seemingly makes it less likely. However if she's chosen to move on good for her.

Roast Toast

Medalist
The pre-premiere in Moscow was apparently a success. But they have a few more days to work on the rough edges. This is a clip.https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0TMnEARob/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet&fbclid=IwAR20zgys326plTh7NC49ChHzoVRxrlqwXAI3NOv29yUeSNFT5-QFYAkkUuI

Thanks for the clip. It looks like it's going to be one of those half-ballet / half-theater productions.

I wish Elena good luck. It's great to see her involved in an international artistic endeavor like this. However, I know I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Polunin right now. Dude has mastered the art of destructive self-sabotage.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Thanks for the clip. It looks like it's going to be one of those half-ballet / half-theater productions.

I wish Elena good luck. It's great to see her involved in an international artistic endeavor like this. However, I know I wouldn't hitch my wagon to Polunin right now. Dude has mastered the art of destructive self-sabotage.

She looks fantastic in this. I agree about Polunin though, hope it works out for the best. But if Osipova couldn't tame him....

vesperalvioletta

Medalist
Country
United-States
I know this isn't the point, but I'm relieved to hear that Osipova is no longer in a relationship with him. He's been on such an alarming downward spiral lately.

I wish him and Elena the best, but I've always found him incredibly toxic.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
She looks fantastic in this. I agree about Polunin though, hope it works out for the best. But if Osipova couldn't tame him....

i might not be aware of the latest gossips about ballet, but i rememeber osipova was with ivan vasilev before leaving russia, but never with polunin, who was dancing with the royal ballet at the time (and was in a relationship with one of the local ballerinas and their break up (and his shameful behaviour) led to the end of his experience with the royal ballet) did natasha fall recently under the spell of the bad guy?. i'm not a fan of polunin, as dancer and as human being, i remember the time when he was hyped as the new barishnikov and i've always found him overrated (vladimir shklyarov or artem ovcharenko - to stay in russia - are so much better than him), after leaving the royal ballet and joining the mikhailovksy (if i'm not mistaken) he came out covered in mobster-like tatoos for hozier's video and appeared in kenneth branagh's murder on the orient express, well i was not impressed and he always looked to me as a presumptuous brat. that said, i'm not surprised by his words, sometimes i think he might be the poster guy of toxic masculinity.

Kitt

Final Flight
Country
United-States
i might not be aware of the latest gossips about ballet, but i rememeber osipova was with ivan vasilev before leaving russia, but never with polunin, who was dancing with the royal ballet at the time (and was in a relationship with one of the local ballerinas and their break up (and his shameful behaviour) led to the end of his experience with the royal ballet) did natasha fall recently under the spell of the bad guy?. i'm not a fan of polunin, as dancer and as human being, i remember the time when he was hyped as the new barishnikov and i've always found him overrated (vladimir shklyarov or artem ovcharenko - to stay in russia - are so much better than him), after leaving the royal ballet and joining the mikhailovksy (if i'm not mistaken) he came out covered in mobster-like tatoos for hozier's video and appeared in kenneth branagh's murder on the orient express, well i was not impressed and he always looked to me as a presumptuous brat. that said, i'm not surprised by his words, sometimes i think he might be the poster guy of toxic masculinity.

There was a lot of press about him and Osipova. Here's an article that describes their on again-off again relationship.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...nd-of-the-road-for-ballet-star-sergei-polunin

Elena will have her hands full with this one! Oh well, she's young, she'll learn.

Giselle

Medalist

IIRC Osipova started dating (and dancing with) Polunin soon after her split from Vasiliev.

I 100% agree with you about Shklyarov and other less "famous" ballet dancers who are better.

bramweld

Record Breaker
Polunin was phenomenal at his best and even now he is extraordinary. Others may be better more disciplined but there is something very special about him. I find his work with Tamaro Rojo in particular very romantic and touching. I've never noticed an ounce arrogance in him based on his seeming interactions with interviewers and some of his colleagues. I think the problem is he a visionary and sometimes geniuses have a hard time with coming into themselves and working well within certain boundaries. Hopefully as he matures he will learn how to put his demons under his control because all that talent would go to waste. As they say time will out.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Elena will have her hands full with this one! Oh well, she's young, she'll learn.

Oh, Lena! :drama: After the way your competitive skating career was effectively destroyed by the ending of your previous relationships, I would have thought you would have wanted a quieter private life.

But, as long as he makes you happy and treats you right, that is all that matters.

Really wish I had found heard about this performance sooner. I may not be into ballet, but it would be a dream to see Elena Ilinykh performing live!!! She was just amazing on the ice, and it is a big regret of mine that I never saw her live.

Maybe another opportunity will arise in the future. At least now I know she is performing with him I will be able to keep an eye out for future appearances.

CaroLiza_fan

Scott512

Record Breaker

Elena is sweet and angelic he is the opposite. Of course he is entitled to his views but when those views involved is wishing to slapping homosexuals or slapping overweight people even if he's only kidding about slapping them that sounds really bad. I don't know what his agent is doing but he is probably pulling his hair out.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have to say, I know diddly squat about ballet and never heard of this Polunun person until now.

But if half of what they said in the article is true that he actually said, he is a self-entitled boor. And not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either:drama:

I hope Elena knows what she’s doing....

Scott512

Record Breaker
I have to say, I know diddly squat about ballet and never heard of this Polunun person until now.

But if half of what they said in the article is true that he actually said, he is a self-entitled boor. And not the brightest bulb in the chandelier either:drama:

I hope Elena knows what she’s doing....
Where is his agent? especially since his career has een spent in a business with a fair amount of gay men or so I would assume and presume. And at his age of 29 he should know what to say and not to say in today's world.

Elena will do fine.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
There was a lot of press about him and Osipova. Here's an article that describes their on again-off again relationship.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainme...nd-of-the-road-for-ballet-star-sergei-polunin

i hope she won't get too much burned in the process, i genuinely wish her all the best

IIRC Osipova started dating (and dancing with) Polunin soon after her split from Vasiliev.

I 100% agree with you about Shklyarov and other less "famous" ballet dancers who are better.

thank you (both) for the infos, it's Shklyarov in your avatar right? (with Novikova?)