Thread: 2019-20 Lake Placid Ice Dance Ch. Qualifying Competition

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

1 Not allowed!

2019-20 Lake Placid Ice Dance Ch. Qualifying Competition

2019 LAKE PLACID ICE DANCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
    JULY 30 - AUGUST 2

2634 Main Street

Lake Placid, NY 12946 United States

This competition, held at the same time as the Lake Placid International Ice Dance Championships, is part of the
    US Figure Skating National Qualifying Series and the US Figure Skating Solo Dance Series for the 2020 US National Championships in Ice Dance.

It is considered part of the North Atlantic Region, Eastern Section

Questions? Please e-mail marye@orda.org.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-30-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    This starts .

Wednesday, July 31st

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    And no doubt we will hear nothing on international and championship entries until late on 7/30 (if then).

Also: I believe the NA Challenge Cup for USA and CAN ice dance novice skaters is to be held in Lake Placid in the same time schedule.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    And no doubt we will hear nothing on international and championship entries until late on 7/30 (if then).
    McNamara & Carpenter and Carreira & Ponomarenko have both announced that they plan to compete. (Which probably tells us we should expect WISA and Novi to show).

Livestream: http://www.snapshotsportsphotography.com/live/index.php

avatar credit: @miyan5605 ice coverage's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Jordan Cowan, who shoots/edits the amazing @oniceperspectives videos , is en route to Lake Placid today. He will be part of ice-dance.com's LP team this year.

Last year, he posted some gorgeous footage from LP practices, such as (among quite a few others) the Parsons:

Can't wait to see Jordan's LP content his year.

Speaking of ice-dance.com ... the link to its LP event coverage page:

ETA (on Jul 30):

For IDC's first practice photo on Instagram, it used #lpidic19:

Hard to see/identify everyone, but I believe that among others, Logan Bye and Caleb Wein are on ice (with their respective partners). (Jordan is there too. )

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0iuHUTnbwi/ (Jul 30)

ETA (on Aug 1):
    Oooops, not Logan, I guess. From entry lists/starting orders now available, he is not entered in the club comp (or the international comp).

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    Michael Parsons was doing some camera work for On Ice Perspectives so maybe this means we'll see Green/Parsons debut?

Really hoping someone will be able to post the videos somewhere as I won't be able to watch live (and I believe that the stream has no playback, so paying for it seems pointless?) - I will be incredibly grateful if someone does this!!

0 Not allowed!
    Oh, I really hope to see Caroline and Michael, crossing fingers.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sunn1ly View Post
    Oh, I really hope to see Caroline and Michael, crossing fingers.
    I think they might be on the ice in the background of this video?

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by litenkyckling View Post
    Michael Parsons was doing some camera work for On Ice Perspectives so maybe this means we'll see Green/Parsons debut?
    I think the odds are good. Last year, Wheaton brought every team that was healthy. Green & Parsons could use their minimum scores. (And if you aren't ready, you can always do the domestic event like Soucisse & Firus did their first season). We also haven't seen Cesanek & Yehorov or DelCamp & Somerville yet. D&S need an event if they want to make this year's ISP and JGP.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    is anyone getting the livestream to work for the 1932 rink? i keep getting an error and shapshotsportsphotography is not responding to my support requests

Tripping on the Podium figurefan0726's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    I seem to have found the entries.
    https://twitter.com/icedancecom/stat...328977409?s=21
    Looks like Carreira/Ponomarenko, Green/Parsons, and McNamara/Carpenter will be competing!
    Also Yura Min/Daniel Eaton is representing Korea and will make their team debut!

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Has anyone used this "snapshotsports" streaming service before? Is it safe? I was going to pay to watch, but then my browser warned me that the website is not secure, so I decided not to give them my credit card information after all.

Bona Fide Member cheerknithanson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliste View Post
    Has anyone used this "snapshotsports" streaming service before? Is it safe? I was going to pay to watch, but then my browser warned me that the website is not secure, so I decided not to give them my credit card information after all.
    Wait, we have to pay to watch. What was the link?

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerknithanson View Post
    Wait, we have to pay to watch. What was the link?
    Ice dance kindly provided it upthread: http://www.snapshotsportsphotography.com/live/index.php. I'm only seeing a paid option for this event on that site. If there is a free stream somewhere I would love to see that!
    Last edited by aliste; 08-01-2019 at 03:28 PM. Reason: wrong name

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    As a former club competititon chair of completely a different club and event I would suggest you email them on the club link and ask. You may not get a quick response but they are volunteers just like you, who are looking to safeguard their club competitions, members and history.

Bona Fide Member cheerknithanson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    What were the scores for the senior event?

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    The Senior Rhythm dance ended an hour ago someone tell me the results please

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Icedance.com has results on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/icedancecom/?ref=br_rs Very close among the top 3 Americans!

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Top 4 were:

McNamara/Carpenter 73.46
    Carreira/Ponomarenko 72.57
    Green/Parsons 72.11
    Smart/Diaz 70.11

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by aliste View Post
    Ice dance kindly provided it upthread: http://www.snapshotsportsphotography.com/live/index.php. I'm only seeing a paid option for this event on that site. If there is a free stream somewhere I would love to see that!
    It's always been a paid stream at Lake Placid since they started to offer one three years ago. $10 per day. $25 for the full event. (It's a better deal than most of the U.S. summer streams were last season, and fortunately the company hasn't gone out of business like a couple have this year). Unfortunately, I guess the senior field was too good this year & we overloaded it because after working well all the way through yesterday & today, the sound died after the first group at the Senior International.

I will think all positive thoughts on its behalf in hopes that it has a better day tomorrow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast