First word that comes into your mind (Hanyu program) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

First word that comes into your mind (Hanyu program)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If he is confident, he has all the goods to back it up. He is one of the best skaters, who can combine artistry with insane technical content.

{grin} Actually, I love the way when he's finished, the crowd is going bonkers, the commentators are throwing superlatives round like confetti, Brian and Tracey are going "just beautiful, beautiful..."

And Yuzu? "I dunno, I was feeling I didn't have enough energy..."

{ps and yes, I am one of the people in this thread who seem to have trouble with the meaning of the word "one"}

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker
If he is confident, he has all the goods to back it up. He is one of the best skaters, who can combine artistry with insane technical content.

I agree. To quote this defense of Elizabeth Bennet of Mr. Darcy, "He has no improper pride."

{grin} Actually, I love the way when he's finished, the crowd is going bonkers, the commentators are throwing superlatives round like confetti, Brian and Tracey are going "just beautiful, beautiful..."

And Yuzu? "I dunno, I was feeling I didn't have enough energy..."

He also said in the winner's interview that he needs to practice more. :biggrin:

Shedi0806

On the Ice
As for 2017 Worlds FS it was one of the most iconic moments in figure skating history. So I would say ICONIC.

After the Worlds long this year my fiance' said to me: "This guy is in another world." Agreed. I could not say a word, I was just, I cannot believe this. It is ridiculous what he does. I did not expect him to skate this well, coming back from injury, still being injured, not having done a competition for months.

About him being "full of himself". I would not say that at all. I think he is a high-achieving, very "type A" personality with a complete sense of self. Confidence, a fierce aggressiveness sometimes, yes, without these traits one cannot be Olympic champion. But you could see in the short how he doubted himself. He even said in the Kiss & Cry: "I think I did not trust me."

Once Sandra Bezic talked about this dichotomy of high level athletes. She said there is this unshakeable confidence mixed with unrelenting self-doubt.

lappo

Final Flight
Some insights about the meaning of the ending pose by Shae Lynn Bourne (Yuzuru said in another interview that he chose the ending pose himself):

"The last scene is not very successful in SC (laughs) But it will be shown to everyone in the coming competitions. In fact, it returns back to the opening, where he reaches his hands and grabs tightly. He grabs victory and dream, but he doesn't want to have them all to himself. He spreads his arms, opens his heart, and wants to share hope and inspiration to the entire world. The last scene is for everyone who appreciates his performance. Yuzuru really wants to thank everyone. He doesn't just want to skate beautifully himself, he wants to achieve much more with his skating. To share with people around him, to everyone at the stadium and to everyone in front of the television. It is a great message: no sports can exist without audience. Yuzuru hopes that the audience becomes part of him, and he wants to share with everyone all of these. This is the actual story of Hope & Legacy".

The source (thanks for translating): https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?35500-Yuzuru-Hanyu&p=1567119&viewfull=1#post1567119

Some insights about the meaning of the ending pose by Shae Lynn Bourne (Yuzuru said in another interview that he chose the ending pose himself):

"The last scene is not very successful in SC (laughs) But it will be shown to everyone in the coming competitions. In fact, it returns back to the opening, where he reaches his hands and grabs tightly. He grabs victory and dream, but he doesn't want to have them all to himself. He spreads his arms, opens his heart, and wants to share hope and inspiration to the entire world. The last scene is for everyone who appreciates his performance. Yuzuru really wants to thank everyone. He doesn't just want to skate beautifully himself, he wants to achieve much more with his skating. To share with people around him, to everyone at the stadium and to everyone in front of the television. It is a great message: no sports can exist without audience. Yuzuru hopes that the audience becomes part of him, and he wants to share with everyone all of these. This is the actual story of Hope & Legacy".

The source (thanks for translating): https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?35500-Yuzuru-Hanyu&p=1567119&viewfull=1#post1567119

Thanks for sharing, I had not read this before :thank:

KwanIsALegend

Fly On
Medalist

Love this!!