Shoma Uno to change coaches | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Shoma Uno to change coaches

SkateSkates

Medalist
I’m surprised no one has mentioned Tarasova yet. We know he is close with Mao/looks up to her and she had a long-standing relationship with TAT

moriel

Record Breaker
Shoma needs a great technician. I don't see him going to Raf or BOrser (I could imagine Raf being willing to take him, but I don't think BOrser would because he has too much to worry about already). Then again, maybe he wants to train alongside his biggest rivals?

Alex Ourashiev seems like a reasonable choice, but I'm not sure if he has the experience needed to be the primary coach for a skater at Shoma's level.

Honestly, I think Mishin would be the best possible choice for Shoma.

Im 50-50 about Mishin's benefits.
He is a great technical coach, but then the programs his skaters get are very peculiar and Mishin-style.

LRK

Record Breaker
Im 50-50 about Mishin's benefits.
He is a great technical coach, but then the programs his skaters get are very peculiar and Mishin-style.

Caro's weren't. A skater with an already established style may not be affected by... Mishin-isation.:)

Note: Not that I'm saying that Shoma is going to Mishin; but going to his summer camp might be a good idea, though.

SkateSkates

Medalist
I thought TAT was retired as a coach.

She was helping out with Tsurskaya last season, so I think she’s still at CSKA a couple of times a week.

Or Shanette Folle for Shoma - worked with Mao on TATs team as well

CaliSteve

Rinkside
Mishin is too old. What about fairy tale: Issunboshi escapes wicked witches of East and goes to Glinda Tutberidze. It is such a pity that in real life, he'll go to Orser or Zakrajsek.:cry:

I doubt he will go to Orser and especially not Zakrajsek, who is rumored to be interviewing at other skating centers.

tzazu

Medalist
I really cannot imagine Shoma going over to Russia to train. Esp with all the language barrier. A Russian coach based in US yes, live in Russia, no.
Japanese skaters over the years have gone to US or Canada to train. More recently Europe with Lambiel.

I think Daisuke Takahashi and Miki Ando trained in Russia some time.

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I think Daisuke Takahashi and Miki Ando trained in Russia some time.
Not since Sochi when Russia coaches were not allowed to coach non Russia skaters.

From then on, very few non Russia skaters has gone over to Russia, I can only think of Carolina Kostner, Morisi(he used to represent Russia?) & Lilibet.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Let me add to the speculation:)

How about Utako Nagamitsu's group at Kansai Univ. Skating club. She is Dai's long time coach.
Takeshi Honda is a technical coach who works with her group and is also's Dai's long time jump coach.
Honda did wonders for Dai after he was injured, Dai lost a lot of his jump ability technique
after his injury and Honda was instrumental in restoring him back to competition form. Sho would train
with an elite skater but not someone who he is in direct competition with and he would get
Utako-san's full attention. Sho could stay in Japan and not have to deal with a language problem.

Also Utako used to be Coach Fluffy's coach when she was a single
skater back in the day and they are sill very good friends.

Sounds good to me.;)

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Shoma moving to Russia ... seems unlikely. Sure, Eteri trains Morisi and Elizabet (who represent other countries) - but they are from Moscow and there are no language barriers.

lanceupper1114

On the Ice
Not since Sochi when Russia coaches were not allowed to coach non Russia skaters.

From then on, very few non Russia skaters has gone over to Russia, I can only think of Carolina Kostner, Morisi(he used to represent Russia?) & Lilibet.

Zijun Li was in Russia as well with Mishin?