Phantom | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Phantom

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Bunny, I honestly think your best solution is 2 separate pairs of skates. If you have some old boots that are still decent, put dance blades on them and use them. That's what I did.
My new boots always went to freestyle and the older ones got the dance blades (that was my priority anyway; you could be opposite).
It really wasn't that hard switching back and forth between the two pairs, perhaps because both blades were MK brand. It didn't take me long to adjust for the short blade tail, although I did have a few backwards falls at first!

I agree with this. Because I've done both disciplines for so long, I have dance boots with the dance blades, and then my custom Jackson freestyle boots have my p99s on them.

Good luck!

bunnybarista

If I risk it all, could you break my fall?~
On the Ice
Bunny, I honestly think your best solution is 2 separate pairs of skates. If you have some old boots that are still decent, put dance blades on them and use them. That's what I did.
My new boots always went to freestyle and the older ones got the dance blades (that was my priority anyway; you could be opposite).
It really wasn't that hard switching back and forth between the two pairs, perhaps because both blades were MK brand. It didn't take me long to adjust for the short blade tail, although I did have a few backwards falls at first!

I agree with this. Because I've done both disciplines for so long, I have dance boots with the dance blades, and then my custom Jackson freestyle boots have my p99s on them.

Good luck!

Thank you both! :luv17: If I do have two pairs of boots, I may just keep my Coronation Aces for the freestyle pair and save some money there while buying better boots for dance. (Dance is my priority, so I'd want to put my new dance blades onto a better boot if I'm going to switch between pairs.) Probably will order one last pair of Sp-Teris before George retires :sad21:

Sibelius

On the Ice
I saw one of the coaches at our rink with a pair of Pattern 99's on the other day and chatted with her about them (my skaters chosen next blade). She said she started on them when she was learning her higher doubles and has worn them ever since. She wore them for freestyle, dance (gold) and synchro. She said she was always more afraid of falling off the back of shorter blades than of catching a pick in them. The caveat to this is that she's a bit more talented than most, 2 X U.S. Senior Ladies National Champion talented...

WednesdayMarch

Nicer When Fed
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
I loved my Phantoms more than any other blade I've tried. I used them for free and for dance. Eventually, I gave up free and switched to dance full time, and found that I was treading on the heels of the Phantoms too often for comfort so I went to MK Dance. But I really miss my Phantoms...